IGNORED

NHL discussion thread

Steve007

• 2 weeks later...

Tampa are Stanley Cup winners again, 4 -1 the series, Montreal were outclassed for much of it in fairness and  were struggling to match Tampa in a lot of areas.

Everybody struggles to match Tampa Bay. That team is stacked with quality. The clock struck midnight for Montreal’s Cinderella run.

Vasilevsky has, I think, four straight shutouts in series winning games. That is remarkable.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/09/2021 at 23:10, ilpostino said:

Not strictly NHL related, but I'd recommend this for fans of hockey:

https://www.netflix.com/title/81026438

A lower-league hockey team run by the mob, goonery, the lot. It's incredible. The other episode about The Malice and the Palace is fantastic too.

It's fantastic all right, quite on the nose inspiration for the Sopranos and definitely worth a watch.

I took a look at the current team and they have a much more professional looking website than some of the other teams in the league , I'd imagine they'll generate a bit of revenue off the back of the doc.

All Or Nothing: Toronto Maple Leafs is up on Amazon Prime.  Follows them through last season.  Can they win the Stanley Cup? Can they make a deep playoff run.  Can they even finally win a round of the playoffs?

So tonight GB women are being winter Olympic qualifiers and someone my son played with under 10s level under 12 and also under-15 is making her day and she made her debut last night and he's playing a game 4 GB women's the game is on free sports anyone fancies watching but yet it's amazing someone that my son's played with is playing for GB women tonight and over the weekend to try and qualify for the winter olympics

Her name is Ellie Wakeling by the way

Well, they were some interesting results on the opening night of the NHL

Spoiler

6-2 Penguins V Tampa

3-4 Kraken V Knights

I  put a couple of bets on for the season - Vegas to win the division  @ $3.85  (pacific is piss weak in general so that *should*  be a stroll) and the IsIanders for the cup at $26

• 2 weeks later...

The full investigative report on the 2010 sexual assault within the Blackhawks org has been released.

It can be found here, and fair warning it's a fucking grim read.

Bowman is out (in Chicago and Team USA), Quenneville and Cheveldayoff will likely face some serious calls to be removed from their current teams in light of this also.

The most saddening part is the players making fun of the guy for being sexually assaulted. It's just upsetting.

• 2 weeks later...

It shouldn't be possible for a player to do this at the top level of the sport, as you would expect the opposition to be just too good.

But no.  Even if I was a Rangers fan, I would have got up and applauded.

• 4 weeks later...

Any of you fellas have official NHL jerseys? How’s the sizing? Thinking to get hubby one in the cyber Monday sale.  I typically buy him say a Large or XL from Gymshark or something so should I match their chest measurements to the jersey sizing and I’ll be okay?

PS: small chance he might actually play hockey in it too 

If it's an official jersey, then it's going to be pretty very big and loose anyway no matter what size you get.  If he might play in it, then I'd get XL to make sure he can fit the equipment under.

If not, I've got an official Bruins replica* that is L and that hangs loosely off me and I'm usually an M for most things.

* signed by the entire 2019 team**

** </humblebrag>