rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Steve007

NHL discussion thread

1 hour ago, Plissken said:

Because he's gliding for twenty feet, skates didn't leave the ice, shoulder on shoulder contact, other player had the puck.

Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful hit. And I love some playoff hockey. But the rule doesn't cover whether he glides or not (it's a shittily-worded rule, I grant you). Seeing it in real time I thought it was a charge, too.

But then I guess if they're not going to call any of that shit in front of the net (Perron at least should have gone), then I'm not surprised it wasn't called.

Great game though. More of those, please.

If you can write a rule that makes that hit illegal, then you take about 70% of the contact out of the game.

Anyway, I was reading about Marchand.  I know everyone hates him except Bruins fans but I had to laugh at his habit of going up to rookies or recent call-ups from the minor leagues  on the other team and saying "Hey, you made it to the Big Show.  Great job.  Enjoy it.  'Cos I just heard they're sending you back down tomorrow."

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Really hope St Louis can do it. Can't be doing with Boston winning. 

Honestly both teams deserve something, they've been superb throughout. If I had to pick I'd pick St. Louis though, as they've not won it before.

4 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

Honestly both teams deserve something, they've been superb throughout. If I had to pick I'd pick St. Louis though, as they've not won it before.

I don't like either team. I just dislike Boston more.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, I have the same rule for hockey as I do football 

If it isn't the Red Wings / Liverpool, I don't want anyone else to win. ;) 

Boston seem to be disliked in all sports. The city reminds me a lot of Aberdeen, insular and a bit of chip on its shoulder and weird accents too. Boston is great city tho, i loved it the times ive been.

First ever one in Boston, too.  Which is surprising given that Boston is one of the Original Six, as opposed to being one of the original four.

Odd to have won 7-2 and 5-1 in the opposition's building and it still be going to a Game 7.  But then the Bruins really are going to be the death of me.

sadbaby.gif.69bc27efbf6dcce9850ffa56c15b1eff.gif

Although congrats to the Blues.  I've always kept an eye on Alex Pietrangelo, whose uncle played for Manchester in the late 90s.  And Binnington played out of his mind in the Game 7.