IGNORED

All things Yakuza/Like a Dragon! - new games announced

womblingfree

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

That is a banger of a tune though. 

Yes combined with the awesome Fever Time when your playing it too. Two of the best songs in the series.

Its probably the best side stuff in the series tbh. I think only 0 and K2 have it which is a shame as its very addictive and makes you alot of money.

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Its probably the best side stuff in the series tbh. I think only 0 and K2 have it which is a shame as its very addictive and makes you alot of money.

Oh that’s a shame, I was hoping this was going to be an ongoing sub-plot through the rest of the games, with Kiryu slowly becoming an ultra-violent Hugh Hefner.

So I demand Sega immediately make Kiwami 3-6 with this included.

Well that’s Kiwami 2 done and dusted. What a ride that was.

I was so glad that my prediction about Sayama didn’t come true. And even more SO GLAD that I played Majima’s chapters to finish off the story from Zero.

I think I need a break for a while now having played K1&2 back to back! Cue MS announcing 3-7 leaving Game Pass at the end of January…

I reckon that Y0 to Y2K make a nice little trilogy, a Majima arc if you like, or maybe a Kazama Shintaro one, that ends perfectly with the final episode of Majima Adventures in Y2K. A lot of people complained about the cheesiness, but I always thought that Majima bumping once again into a certain someone was handled very well and their interaction is an amazing bit of acting from our boy Goro.

Spoiler

Ya worked out some knots I'd had for 18 years... 🥲

I loved the fact that when Majima was alone with you know who, and then after that back at the Grand for his final showdown, he completely dropped the act and was back to how he was in Y0. But it was only temporary until he went to Majima Construction and “normal” service was resumed.

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

I loved the fact that when Majima was alone with you know who, and then after that back at the Grand for his final showdown, he completely dropped the act and was back to how he was in Y0. But it was only temporary until he went to Majima Construction and “normal” service was resumed.

Yeah, that's what is so great about his character. Occasionally throughout the series the whole act drops and you catch glimpses of the true dude underneath, usually with Kiryu. Then a moment later his goons bust in and his defences are back up again.

1 hour ago, Let us measure said:

Yeah, that's what is so great about his character. Occasionally throughout the series the whole act drops and you catch glimpses of the true dude underneath, usually with Kiryu. Then a moment later his goons bust in and his defences are back up again.

Imho he's the best written character in all of videogames

I'm up to chapter 4 in Kiwami 2. It's a nice step up from Kiwami with the modern engine. Shame Kiryu doesn't handle alcohol as well as he does in Kiwami but now the bartenders no longer care about you drinking too much and there's a miracle drink to sober you up it doesn't really matter anymore. 

On 22/12/2021 at 23:41, Orion said:

Yes combined with the awesome Fever Time when your playing it too. Two of the best songs in the series.

And the other best song in the series is the one that plays in the hostess club while you set up:

:wub:

The three best songs in the series are all in that side game. And it is the greatest side game. They should do a mobile version of it for real.

5 hours ago, Totoro said:

Just finished Judgment -38 hours worth. Wow, unbelievably good game. Will probably revisit for unfinished quests in premium at a later date.
Torn now between yakuza 5 and lost Judgment…

5 is a bit of a beast, even if you rush through it's easily 40 hours playtime.

If anyone is hankering for more cabaret club action away from the main series, Fist Of The North Star: Lost Paradise features a tweaked version. More objective-based than the tournament format in previous games, it's nevertheless a lot of fun and actually a fair bit harder.

Incredible music too:

49 minutes ago, Yobo Ahoy said:

If anyone is hankering for more cabaret club action away from the main series, Fist Of The North Star: Lost Paradise features a tweaked version. More objective-based than the tournament format in previous games, it's nevertheless a lot of fun and actually a fair bit harder.

Incredible music too:

It's not on Xbox is it? And I ain't switched the PS4 on for nearly a yr now.  

Edit: and that tune is a banger 

11 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

5 is a bit of a beast, even if you rush through it's easily 40 hours playtime.

Both games are beasts from what I've read. 

I initially went with 5 and played it for a while ( driving was cool ) but it looked so bad after Judgment that i'm now installing Lost Judgment. I'll come back to 5 after.

5 seemed really glitchy with the animation, but I'm intrigued about the storyline.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 are both less than £5 each in the current Xbox sale. As they are all leaving game pass soon, if you're planning on checking them out, I'd snap them up now. 

I've bought all 3 because I will be starting them at some point. Haven't played a single one yet but hoping to get started on the saga soon and very much looking forward to it. 

Up to chapter 10 on my Legend playthrough of Zero now; have been able to sprint through to Chapter 10 in ~6.5 hours but now I reckon I'll need to upgrade my characters a fair bit before progressing or I'll hit a difficult spike.

Climax Battles are also more difficult than I anticipated too so my goal of getting the Platinum Trophy before the year's end might be a tad optimistic. 

• Uzi changed the title to All things Yakuza/Like a Dragon! - new games announced