IGNORED

All things Yakuza/Like a Dragon! - new games announced

womblingfree

6 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Not really as I finished it recently. Just push through the main story bits as its a bit silly even for Yazuka standards.

aye im gonna stick with it just saw zero and kiwami 1 and 2 are leaving soon so need to do the others before they go from game pass

Just now, MatOfTheDead said:

aye im gonna stick with it just saw zero and kiwami 1 and 2 are leaving soon so need to do the others before they go from game pass

Even at a decent pace I reckon you will need 4-5 months to get through them. Since summer I've been playing nothing else and sink a couple of hours in each day (plus weekends) so you might be able to get through before they remove them.

4 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Even at a decent pace I reckon you will need 4-5 months to get through them. Since summer I've been playing nothing else and sink a couple of hours in each day (plus weekends) so you might be able to get through before they remove them.

yeah gonna hammer 4 over the christmas period

Just now, MatOfTheDead said:

yeah gonna hammer 4 over the christmas period

I'm so close to finishing 5, right at the end of Part 3. Usually I'd go straight through to the next but I need a break for Halo and then its on to the rest. Thank god I've got 2.5 weeks off work 🤣 Not forgetting the Judgment games of course!

47 minutes ago, Darren said:

Oh no! I'm about 2/3 of the way through K1 (just mopping up side quests before heading off to meet (the people who I presume are) the big baddies) so I might get that done, but no chance with K2. Oh well, time to cash in some more points and buy it I suppose.

I bought them both when they were about £10 each anyway, cos they were always going to leave one day.

And you should 100% complete Kiwami 1 and start Kiwami 2. 

Because Yakuza is fucking brilliant. Oh and I also bought them both at launch on PS4. 

I just like giving Sega money I guess. 

10 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I bought all of them despite having game pass, so I can have a legacy to pass on to my kids. 

Same here. I bought them despite owning them on PlayStation, and owning them on Steam, and having a game pass sub.

Support your local Yakuza, people!

Here's something I'd have found really handy in these games so far (played Zero and most of K1): some sort of org chart type thing showing who's who in which family and how the family hierarchy is set up. Apart from anything else it would have cleared up my Kazuma/Kazama confusion much sooner.

Does such a thing appear later in the series? Or is this the point where I find out it's been in the two I've played all along without me realising?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

The more Yakuza we buy, the more we ensure that they keep coming west! Maybe even Kenzan and Isshin!

Quoted for Truth. 

I'd love to play them and Yakuza Dead Souls on my Series X. 

Maybe even a Binary domain sequel as well 

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

Here's something I'd have found really handy in these games so far (played Zero and most of K1): some sort of org chart type thing showing who's who in which family and how the family hierarchy is set up. Apart from anything else it would have cleared up my Kazuma/Kazama confusion much sooner.

Does such a thing appear later in the series? Or is this the point where I find out it's been in the two I've played all along without me realising?

There's no org chart but there are profiles of all of the families and characters in one of the menus. 

3 minutes ago, Darren said:

There's a character list in the pause menu, isn't there? Complete list of who belongs to which family and a short bio.  No org chart tho

Just now, cassidy said:

There's no org chart but there are profiles of all of the families and characters in one of the menus. 

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

There's a character list in the pause menu, isn't there?

I had a sneaking suspicion this might be the case. But I really want a chart!

Just now, joffocakes said:

I have no idea who anyone is, when they come on screen I just say "oh, this prick" and that's good enough reason for punching.

There are two types of people in Kiryu's world: people he loves and protects, and people he punches really really hard.

2 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

I have no idea who anyone is, when they come on screen I just say "oh, this prick" and that's good enough reason for punching.

Genuine lol. 

I haven't met him since the first meeting in Sotenbori but that green suited prick with the glasses and teeth who walks out of the Clan meeting early in Yakuza 2 can fuck off. 

26 minutes ago, Darren said:

I had a sneaking suspicion this might be the case. But I really want a chart!

I understand. But at least in those character profiles it's clearly spelled out which family each one belongs to (and of which bigger family it might be a subsidiary) and which rank each one has. 

There’s no way I’ll get either of those games finished this month, but I own the PS4 versions. I’m not missing anything by going ‘back’ am I? Other than having to put a disk in my PS5 (which admittedly I hate doing).

Finally made it to part 4 of Yak 5! Bit of annoying start as it pushes you down loads of side streets, coming within a few feet of save boxes but blocking them off so you can't actually use them 🤣 I was itching to save and stop playing as it was getting late but it pushed me on for a good 25 minutes before I got the chance. Will say I like this new character and did make me chuckle a few times. Not a fan of how it drops all of your levels to 0 then forces you to rebuild, as it feels like its advance, reset, advance, rest over and over. Gets a bit boring and I've done almost 40 hours now with another long part to do. No idea how long it will be.

I finished K1 in a marathon session last night (I think I was on chapter 8 when I started!) so now I'm wondering whether I can actually play right through K2 before the end of the month. I'm off work from Friday (and my wife's working till Christmas Eve) so that's a whole week of "free time" - the trick will be persuading Mrs Darren that getting this game finished is just as important as whatever jobs she gives me to do...

I was surprised how moving I found the ending by the way. Because I started with Zero as per the thread title advice I wasn't expecting

Spoiler

Nishiki and Yumi to die. I assumed Nishiki at least would be a recurring character through the series. But it's a bit Game of Thrones-ish in that nobody (except Kiryu, I presume) has plot armour.

Goddamit I knew I shouldn’t have left Yakuza 0 when Like A Dragon arrived on game pass but I just could not resist those sweet sweet menus. I’ve spent so long on it and still not quite finished. 

I wonder if that’s them all away now each month? Gah!

Also I realised I forgot to come back and say thanks - I posted aaages ago for tips on the LaD management game and once it clicked I got so into it! Did nothing but that for hours and hours. So thanks! 

I've just finished part 4 with Shinada and boy was that a tough one to get through. I tried doing a fair number of the side missions but at this point they seemed a bit boring, was too eager to find out what was going on with the rest of the tale so managed to get through it all in about 8 hours. The map was really small and almost like a starter area so wasn't too difficult, he ties back in with the main characters in the slightest of ways so felt a bit of a wasted section. The more I plodded on with it the more it felt like some DLC and was finally glad to get it out the way and get back to Kamurocho for the finale! Always good to come home.

On 16/12/2021 at 18:05, Laine said:

Goddamit I knew I shouldn’t have left Yakuza 0 when Like A Dragon arrived on game pass but I just could not resist those sweet sweet menus. I’ve spent so long on it and still not quite finished. 

Yakuza 0 is £3.74 in the Xbox Winter Sale that just started, which is an absolute steal if you don't want to rush it.

On 16/12/2021 at 19:05, Laine said:

I wonder if that’s them all away now each month? Gah!

Also I realised I forgot to come back and say thanks - I posted aaages ago for tips on the LaD management game and once it clicked I got so into it! Did nothing but that for hours and hours. So thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Yakuza 0 is £3.74 in the Xbox Winter Sale that just started, which is an absolute steal if you don't want to rush it.

Yakuza 6 is also in the sale fwiw. 10 euros, I'm guessing that's around 8 quid?

Well at this rate I’m easily going to finish Kiwami 2 before it drops off GP, I’m onto chapter 7 already and I’ve done every side mission available so far (apart from the Mah Jong one, life’s too short to learn how the hell that game works). I don’t like the RTS defend the building site section but otherwise this is the best one yet (compared to 0 and K1).

My wife got home from work last night to find me

Spoiler

awkwardly negotiating with a prostitute trying to make me wear a nappy before having a scrap with a bunch of blokes dressed as babies.

She just rolled her eyes.

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

Amazing thank you! I checked a couple of days ago and it was £11.99 with the game pass discount. 

• Uzi changed the title to All things Yakuza/Like a Dragon! - new games announced