All things Yakuza/Like a Dragon! - new games announced

womblingfree

Just had this email and got excited.

The Yakuza range has landed!

Solidify your status as a fan of the elite Tojo clan with our brand new range of Yakuza merch!

https://www.segashop.co.uk/collections/yakuza?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign-email&utm_campaign=Yakuza Range Nov 21&_kx=YA6fyIpw5-EPe27APyNcQnpv1PVZJLFGrYL17FvC3GI%3D.M99Sde

Unfortunately it's pretty disappointing, with the exception of Quackuma Kiryu who I already own, there's nothing much cop there.

Was glad to finally get through the Kiiryu part last night and up to the finale. Wasn't getting a bit late so didn't want to rush to the end but it's strange how its cut off so much content for so long and then gives yo full access later on. Makes it feel very constricted and bottlenecked in places so glad to get back out on the streets again. Had a quick look at the counter and I'm at 20 hours but think I'm going to rush to the end. Sadly this one hasn't drawn me in at the end.. oh and those story bullets 🤣 Christ on a bike.

33 minutes ago, Totoro said:

Just got 6 in the sale. Close to the end of 2. Thinking to skip 3 4 5 for now…or would that be crazy.

Yes. They all reference each other and you get to see the main characters grow and develop over the stories, its a must plus you get to see the city change over the years.

46 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

If you want to skip any I guess you could watch story playthroughs on Youtube but you will miss loads of the side content which often make the Yakuza games. Plus the entire series is up on Gamepass for free right now.

I’m on PS5. £16 each for 3 4 and 5 on PS store.

Actually just seen the remastered collection disk is only £20 from a few places. May as well….shame can’t get these on digital from the store for the same price.

18 minutes ago, Totoro said:

I’m on PS5. £16 each for 3 4 and 5 on PS store.

Actually just seen the remastered collection disk is only £20 from a few places. May as well….shame can’t get these on digital from the store for the same price.

I've just done 3 and almost finished 4 so both are worth playing. Having come in fresh I'd recommend starting at 0, then Kiwami 1 and 2 followed by the remasters. Leave Like a Dragon if you haven't played it yet as will make a much better experience when you do. I'm hoping to clock the lot by Christmas mind 🤣 so I'm crazy.

14 hours ago, Gambit said:

Obviously pre ordered th Yakuza one.

Make me smell like Kiryu please!

Gonna buy Eau de Kamulop and head to the nearest hostess club, which Yakuza has taught me is a place where you can buy a plate of chicken goijons for an eye watering price and eat them while a woman berates you for making even the most innocuous comment and tells you you're old and badly dressed.

Just ordered Lost Judgment PS5 from the imaginatively titled coolshop. Black Friday special £25. Been hunting that down for ages.

Still can't find Judgment for under £20. 

Very close to the end of 2 now. Been loving every moment of it so far apart from trying to keep Haruka happy...Bingo golf drove me nuts, so I gave up on it :)

Lost Judgment is £35 digitally on Series X and PS5 atm in the Black Friday sale. I've got a PS5, but I kinda jumped ship this gen so I'll be grabbing it on Xbox - PS5 also has discounts on the other versions, not sure about the Xbox ones.

Edit: Yep, Digital Deluxe is almost the same price as the basic game, Ultimate version is £45.

7 hours ago, Totoro said:

Just ordered Lost Judgment PS5 from the imaginatively titled coolshop. Black Friday special £25. Been hunting that down for ages.

Still can't find Judgment for under £20. 

Very close to the end of 2 now. Been loving every moment of it so far apart from trying to keep Haruka happy...Bingo golf drove me nuts, so I gave up on it :)

Coolshop is poor service, took ages for me to receive a game. Hopefully someone else will price match. I also need to purchase both games but not in a rush unless i see for 25 or less. Yakuza 3 to 6 still to enjoy.

13 hours ago, gospvg said:

Coolshop is poor service, took ages for me to receive a game. Hopefully someone else will price match. I also need to purchase both games but not in a rush unless i see for 25 or less. Yakuza 3 to 6 still to enjoy.

Got a ready to ship email just now, so hopefully it'll get here soon. They also had LAD for under £25 but was out of stock already.

I'll keep looking for Judgment, as i'd prefer to play before Lost Judgment, and I'll get the remastered 3,4 and 5 disk today, as £23 is great value for all 3.

Plenty to keep my busy for a while!

I was determined to move onto another game and not start 5 straight away.. but after two nights I don't want to play anything else. So tomorrow night I'm starting the next one, can't hold back anymore 🤣 Everything I've tried playing its just been "I should be in Kamurocho", this is becoming an addiction.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

I was determined to move onto another game and not start 5 straight away.. but after two nights I don't want to play anything else. So tomorrow night I'm starting the next one, can't hold back anymore 🤣 Everything I've tried playing its just been "I should be in Kamurocho", this is becoming an addiction.

Yesssss you are a real Yakuza now! 

The best series. Seriously. It's not even close. No other videogame series comes remotely close.

Enjoy @Lorfarius I've not caved yet and still plan on waiting until the new year to start Yakuza 3. I've been enjoying Telltale Guardians which is a story about Kiryu, Majima and co going on a space adventure, lots of Fifa which is basically a Yakuza mini-game and Islanders a small indie building game where I imagine building my own little Kamurucho.

Finished Kiwami 2 last night - fantastic ending! More plot twists than a curly wurly. 40 hours bang on, and still need to play the Majima chapters.

Will either go onto Judgment if I can find it cheap enough for PS5, or get the remaster disk of 3, 4 and 5 and dive in to those.

13 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

I caved and started it 🤣 Only got up to the first save point but love how much better it looks to the first. This must have been a PS4 game originally juding by the graphics.

Yakuza 5 was originally a PS3 game, incredibly enough, but it's benefited greatly from the resolution and framerate increase in the remaster. It's a great-looking game.

Make sure you take the time to savour this one. In particular each character has an extensive "side story" with loads of missions and optional objectives to do and some of the game's best content. It's well worth taking the time to explore these in full.

19 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Yakuza 5 was originally a PS3 game, incredibly enough, but it's benefited greatly from the resolution and framerate increase in the remaster. It's a great-looking game.

Make sure you take the time to savour this one. In particular each character has an extensive "side story" with loads of missions and optional objectives to do and some of the game's best content. It's well worth taking the time to explore these in full.

Yeah I'm in no rush for these two as its the end of the series for me :(

• Uzi changed the title to All things Yakuza/Like a Dragon! - new games announced