All things Yakuza! - Start with Yakuza Zero

Just now, mdn2 said:

It's not up yet on either the Xbox or PS store. Sometimes games don't show until the day of release - it'll be up later today. Annoying, I know. 

Phew that's a relief. I'll keep checking through the day. 

22 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

It's not up yet on either the Xbox or PS store. Sometimes games don't show until the day of release - it'll be up later today. Annoying, I know. 

Have they indicated how much it will cost?

Is Judgment coming out on PC at all? There's currently a big Judgment hole in the midst of my PC collection of 'Yakuza-esque' games and it's the one I didn't play that much of before I sold my PS4.

18 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Have they indicated how much it will cost?

It's €39.99 so I'm guessing £34.99 probably. 

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Is Judgment coming out on PC at all? There's currently a big Judgment hole in the midst of my PC collection of 'Yakuza-esque' games and it's the one I didn't play that much of before I sold my PS4.

It's Stadia exclusive at the minute. I imagine it'll make its way to Steam when that exclusivity ends. 

Off to buy it again, but this time i will play it. I literally have the PS4 version on there £19.99 and never even booted it up. 

And it's now downloading. :omg:

Just a word of advice, Quick Resume doesn’t appear to work at all on the Xbox version at this point.

Odd, since Like a Dragon is now one of the better examples of the feature working when a game hasn’t been launched in some time, but hopefully it will be addressed soon.

IMG-20210423-WA0005.thumb.jpg.5af51cca21ff2f172a89b72ee3dc9de9.jpg

Beautiful. Just :chefskiss: And yes, 'Yakuza' is of course a custom category on my Xbox dashboard. Bring on dat Isshin and Kenzan to allow me the satisfaction of a complete collection!

Of course I also bought everything on PlayStation before. Might buy them all on Steam too just to have maximum Yakuza everywhere. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Beautiful. Just :chefskiss: And yes, 'Yakuza' is of course a custom category on my Xbox dashboard. Bring on dat Isshin and Kenzan to allow me the satisfaction of a complete collection!

Of course I also bought everything on PlayStation before. Might buy them all on Steam too just to have maximum Yakuza everywhere. 

I literally did the same thing 15 minutes ago. :D

24 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

D7A1F6BE-34D9-4D6C-A9A2-8A21DD056CE7.gif

Just now, cassidy said:

I already had a custom category and also own most on PS4 as well. :lol: 

I bought 3,4,5, 6 and Judgment on my creaky old PS4 back when it seemed only 0, and Kiwami 1 and 2 were the only titles appearing on Xbox. I've since bought them all on Xbox (bar 6 - I'm waiting for a sale even though I have it downloaded on Gamepass already) because they run much nicer on my Series X. 

So quick question: when's the best time to play Judgment? I'm trying to do them in order and I know it has a couple of callbacks to the Yakuza games. I'm just about to start 4 so I know it's not yet probably but I just want to make sure I get them right.  

It came out after 6 so I'm guessing that would be the best time, but I don't think it's at all important.

If nothing else, it uses the latest version of the game engine so it would fit most naturally at the end. If you play through 3, 4, 5, 6 and Judgment in that order you are going to see a steady technical improvement as you go.

There's a bunch of very very fun callbacks to 6 to be found in the side missions. I'd say definitely play it after 6

Edit: to be clear, Judgment is completely standalone. So any newcomers should be fine. But if it's fun callbacks you're interested in, play it after 6.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Support Yakuza!

I did consider buying Judgment today, even in the full and certain knowledge that it'll no doubt be on Game Pass eventually.

Then I remembered I've already bought it on the PS4, as well as every other game in the series, so I've paid my Yakuza tax already. Also I'm currently working my way through Saejima's Interminable Prison Adventures in Yakuza 5, so I've got a hundred hours of that game to go yet.

(I'll probably have bought it by the end of the weekend)

Goddamn is Judgment quite the looker on the series X. 

Only briefly took a look and experienced the first tailing and detecting a bit but i just bloody love being in Kamarucho again. 

Think i know the map as well as the back of my hand. 

Looking forward to getting some decent time with it. 

3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Then I remembered I've already bought it on the PS4, as well as every other game in the series, so I've paid my Yakuza tax already

Same for me but I'm also thinking that if I want every future Yakuza also on Xbox, buying it day one is the only way I can help that happen. Also RGG Studios are awesome the series is awesome, and I always tend to buy the games I really fucking love multiple times :lol: I own Dark Souls 1 on every format except Switch for example

4 hours ago, Down by Law said:

Getting the matching plastic case version of 6 (not artbook or hits) was a pain in the arse. Just need to get the plastic version of kiwami 1 to finish the set .

IMG_20210423_122348.jpg

I bought the After Hours Premium Edition of Yakuza 6 partially just to get the game in a plastic case.

Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2. It was epic. Although the final fight was a bit underwhelming because I hoarded health items and weapons (like I do in every other Yakuza game).

So, starting with Yakuza 1 on PS2 in 2006, I have now played every game in the Kiryu Kazuma Saga (0-6). 

When I get an Xbox series X or PS5, I will continu with Judgment and Like a Dragon. 

Also, I can now understand better why people were disappointed with Yakuza 3 (which was my favorite until Yakuza 6). Such a shame they didn’t do more with Kaoru Sayama in later games. Loved her.

I've been playing through these for the first time on Game Pass. Here are my deep thoughts so far.

Yakuza 0 - What a game!

Yakuza Kiwami - Felt like a short expansion pack to Yakuza 0. Fine but forgettable, and 'Majima Everywhere' is weird

Yakuza Kiwami 2 - What a game! Ragdoll mechanics! But 30 FPS was annoying at first

Yakuza 3 Remastered - Just started this but weird to go from Kiwami 2's engine to chunky PS3 graphics and menus. But 60 FPS is welcome. Kiryu, Sayama and Haruka's character models look completely different, and combat seems like a step down. Do I stick this one out? I've heard such mixed reviews. I'll give it a few hours...