All things Yakuza! - Start with Yakuza Zero

I've been following that channel for a while, it's really, really good.

I'm on chapter 4 of this now and really enjoying it, though I'm finding it really hard to get the Guard mechanic right

On 17/11/2020 at 12:24, Calashnikov said:

Although, in saying that, when it comes to the great proto-Yakuza Shenmue, it’s dodgy English dub or gtfo :quote:

A game in which a young man wanders the streets at night asking strangers where he can find Charlie - not nearly as funny in Japanese.

On 20/11/2020 at 00:55, Calashnikov said:

The PS5 being able to tell my PS4 play counts was an eye opener. Seemingly I put 82 hours into Yakuza 0, 21 into Kiwami, 51 for Kiwami 2, 34 in Yak 3 and 44 in Yak 4 :blink:

So many teeth smashed already, and I still have 3 more full entries and a spin-off to go :blush:

Seems buggy though, when I checked a handful of games that I finished were listed as <1 hour. Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 for example, while having like 70% or so of the trophies in both games

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Seems buggy though, when I checked a handful of games that I finished were listed as <1 hour. Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 for example, while having like 70% or so of the trophies in both games

Oh I see what's happening. I checked again just now and it's because I game share with a friend. Certain games are listed twice, one with the correct playtime and the other with the less than an hour playtime. :blush:

(Also posted in the LAD thread)

He's the lead of that awesome localization team that has been doing God's work since Zero :)

Remember way earlier in this thread, when it was just a handful of us in here and it looked like we wouldn't ever see Yakuza 5 translated or any subsequent games reach these shores? How times can change :D