QI - Bye Bye Stephen Fry, hello Sandi Toksvig (from series N)

FishyFish

The only problem I tend to have with QI is that occasionally they tend to have a a particular combination of guests that turns the whole thing into a banter-fest of laddy knob jokes and it get's incredibly tedious. Imagine having Phil Jupitus and Alan Carr on at the same time :hmm:

When they have a mix of guests, including some women and people who actually know some Quite Interesting things, then it's much more enjoyable. Hopefully, having Toksvig (who falls into both categories) should help maintain that balance.

Bloody love Toksvig, me. I even enjoyed that sitcom with Mike McShane, The Big One.

An excellent replacement, although a bit strange considering Sandi stood down from the News Quiz to give more time to the Women's Equality Party and there were rumours of a run for mayor of London. Surely a TV show is even more time-consuming than radio? In any case I might start watching this again (after slagging it off a bit unfairly in my top 20 list).

Toksvig is brilliant, and I was on Fifteen To One recently, so only my opinion is valid.

I'm not sure who to blame for the revival of that show being so awful compared to the original, but her boring awkwardness certainly doesn't help. William G Stewart would spin in his grave if he was dead.

She's as funny as a kick in the baws :(

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen her on anything other than QI as a guest, but based on that slightly hazy memory she does seem suitable as a direct replacement, very much from the same basic mould as Fry based on the little I've seen.

The only problem I tend to have with QI is that occasionally they tend to have a a particular combination of guests that turns the whole thing into a banter-fest of laddy knob jokes and it get's incredibly tedious. Imagine having Phil Jupitus and Alan Carr on at the same time :hmm:

Did you mean Jimmy Carr?

anyway

Should have got Rory McGrarth instead. Remember that time he was on QI then got banned because he knew the answer to everything? I reckon he knows at least 10 times the amount of stuff Fry does.

Fry will be missed as hes like a surrogate granddad, Toksvig will be okay as long as someone does her wardrobe for her. She's very smart, but not exactly funny all the time.

Toksvig is intelligent, witty and (was) an excellent host on the News Quiz. She'll be fantastic. :)

Thirteen years! Perfect time for Fry to pass the torch, but it won't be the same without him.

I'm a big fan of Toksvig too*. This is a perfect choice IMO, although Victoria Coren would have been even more perfect if she didn't already have the Only Connect gig. :eyebrows:

*Mind you, Miles Jupp is doing a great job on the News Quiz so far.