NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Dallas lacks the speed at ILB right now to deal with the Skins option running game, if Lee and Carter where playing i'd feel pretty confident in a W on sunday but now even their backups are hurt and Dallas is playing guys off the streets at both ILB positions. It will be the same as the Saints game where they'll have to keep up on offense to stand a chance expect Dez to have another monster day

Why doesn't Romo ever snap before 1 second remaining?

That TD play was really cutting it fine.

For cutting it fine, I read clock beyond -1. Should have been delay of game. Didn't matter in the end, but I've seen a few of those not called this year, and that could have been a game changer.

Well, a poor showing from the Skins, unable to stop the beast mode of Lynch, and an over-reliance on the crocked RG3. Strange number of 24pt winning scores this wildcard weekend too.

Now hoping for a Seahawks march to the SB!

Rob Ryan has been fired by the Dallas Cowboys:

http://www.nfl.com/n...ys-parting-ways

I don't understand that decision. Ryan took a terrible defense and made it much better. Injuries really hit them hard this year, by the end of the season 5 of their starting D-Men were pulled 'off the street' they were struggling so much with the injuries.

Rob is taking it in his stride however:

post-8893-0-44128700-1357747257.png

Got your wish with the first one. That was incredible!

Indeed! The footballing gods have been kind to me so far this week. That first game was phenomenal, and the second game was a great watch too. The SuperHarbaughwl is still on! I wanted it to happen last year and I didn't get my wish, so I just hope that it happens this year. With the Ravens winning of course, it'll be a suitable send off for one of the greatest players.

Wow, the Ravens - Broncos game was one of the best I've seen in many years, classic stuff. Hats off to a Ravens D that somehow managed some key stops and crucial times after spending so long on the field, and to an offense that somehow managed to claw back to level terms each time the Broncos scored.

What a stunning finish. Was cheering for the Hawks this week, so sorry that they didn't make it after such an epic comeback, but the spurned field goal in the first half and the too-late icing of Bryant giving him a practice swing at the winning FG were missteps that decided this one.

Next week's NFC Champ game should be immense.

Sadly, I imagine that the Pats v Texans will not be remotely close.

"Legal and free" is like asking for "Nintendo and cutting edge", I'm afraid.

Off the top of my head, if you ask nicely for someone to give you their Sky details so you can use Sky Go that's technically free.

Hi guys, relatively new to the sport - are there any legal, free ways I can watch highlights of recent games? (Or whole games?)

Let me stress the legal part.

Thanks in advance.

There's highlights on NFL.com. About 10mins worth from yesterday's games.

There's also the beeb's playoff highlights show in the wee hours of Monday/Tuesday, I think.