NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Anybody heading to Wembley on Sunday?

Was hoping for a massive Pats win (no offense to Rams fans), but the way we've been failing to close games recently thinking its going to be a bit of a 4th quarter nail biter. Will just have to get pissed up at the 'tailgate' first. Its meant to be a Rams home game, doubt it will be that noisy tho - hopefully get to see some of that fast no-huddle shit from Brady. Had a top time last year.

I'm going for the first time: can't wait!

Probably will head to the Green Man for the 'unoffical' tailgate, as we'll be arriving a little later, and the official one is rammed after a couple of hours apparently.

As a somewhat neutral 49ers fan, I'm hoping for a good close game: as you say, I don't see it being a blowout. I have no affinity for the Pats, and as a niner I can't really warm to the Rams, so I'm looking for good individual performances (Brady and the Legatron are top of who I'm looking forward to seeing.)

So for me, Pats win by a narrow margin.

Anybody heading to Wembley on Sunday?

Was hoping for a massive Pats win (no offense to Rams fans), but the way we've been failing to close games recently thinking its going to be a bit of a 4th quarter nail biter. Will just have to get pissed up at the 'tailgate' first. Its meant to be a Rams home game, doubt it will be that noisy tho - hopefully get to see some of that fast no-huddle shit from Brady. Had a top time last year.

It's meant to be a Rams home game, but there's going to be a lot more Pats fans there. I'll be in the minority as a Rams fan, but I'm expected a big win for the Pats. If we still had Amendola then maybe we'd stand a chance, as it is, we'll need a huge defensive performance to keep that Pats offence in check and a whole bunch of field goals from Legatron to pull it out of the bag.

Gutted I couldn't get my Legatron banner made in time :facepalm:

A53AhEqCEAAxsUK.jpg

Ended up getting a Legatron t-shirt made for me, my brother and one of the other people going with us to watch the game.

A6JIHZCCcAEydrq.jpg

Been looking forward to today for such a long time. Gutted that I don't live closer to London (for once) as I really wanted to take part in some of the build up including the STL Rams Fan Rally. But ah well, I'm still happy that I get to go and watch the Rams play live. Probably won't get another opportunity for quite a while.

Grim injury in the Tennesse South Caroline game. Wasn't a dirty tackle but the running back (name escapes me) came out of the tackle with his knee on the wrong way round :(

I saw the pictures of the injury on facebook. That's the kind of thing you can never really recover from. I feel sorry for the kid and hope he makes as much of a full recovery as is possible.

Not normally into conspiracy theories but the Giants had some help last night. If Eli had been half decent they'd have run away with it.

And yeah that fake field goal was mad. Finally had a running game going for the first time in years and he did that. Redman is really good in short yard situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Try watching the Cowboys, it's painful to watch OL play that bad. Also half the D is missing due to injuries so what was a streght at the begining of the season has turned into yet another huge weakness. I have no idea how they've managed to win 4 out of the last 5 and i can easily see them losing the remaining 3. Dez Bryant has been the lone bright spot but now he's injured too

Claiborne is out too now so that's 4 defensive starters left now for Dallas. I can't remember a season this bad on the injury front before, Ware is battling multiple injuries as well so he's nowhere close to 100%

Steelers out of the playoffs. Think they lost 5 out of the last 6 games. Played terrible on offense down the stretch. Bens throw for the interception was just :doh:

I'm not buying that the defense is old and slow (#1 against passing, #2 against rushing!).

Credit to the Bengals though, best team won the game.

Quite like a couple of different teams to go deep in the playoffs.

Texans for the AFC, and Seahawks for the NFC?

Can't see the Texans winning the AFC especially if Denver clinch the number 1 seed and home field advantage through the play-offs next week then I can see them winning the AFC home field advantage for them is huge and the Texans have not look as impressive recently.

I hope the Hawks win the NFC as I am a fan of the pacific north-west's only NFL team, it's not going to be easy going on the road for three games in a row in the play-offs but we are getting hot at the right time so I'm hoping that the Hawks can go all the way to the Superbowl.