NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

I watched the game all evening and night and it was very exciting and fanstatic game. The giants defenders are wonderful. Tom "Karren" Brady was rattled :D

It is best superbowl ever :P

Now everyone will know how to beat New England Patroits.

What a horrible coach Bill, challenging for that 12th man on the pitch. Thank god he is not a premier league manager. I think God decided the patroits should lose for that call :(

Best 4th quarter ever, maybe (it was INCREDIBLY exciting). The rest of the game was pretty standard though - if it had been a regular season game I don't think we'd have been getting so excited. Giants beat the Pats all over the place and it was sheer luck that the Pats kept their lead as long as they did. They certainly didn't deserve it.

Stupid Pats. I really wanted them to win. Perfect season would have been nice, but more importantly, they'd have beaten the Giants, which would have learned the Giants good. How dare they knock Dallas out?

not sure anyone cares i usually don't but the probowl is this Sunday dallas has 13 players in it so i might have to watch

Is it on UK TV? Or the Internet?

It's live on Sky as always.

Fuck Sky. Fuck them in their stupid asses. I meant REAL tv - the sort worth watching. Not Sky. I mean, who watches Sky, for pete's sake?

(I can't afford Sky. :angry:)

EDIT: Seriously? Umenyiora's British? He's awesome!

And a year younger than me, and infinitely more successful than I'll ever be, the fink.

Fuck Sky. Fuck them in their stupid asses. I meant REAL tv - the sort worth watching. Not Sky. I mean, who watches Sky, for pete's sake?

(I can't afford Sky. :angry:)

EDIT: Seriously? Umenyiora's British? He's awesome!

And a year younger than me, and infinitely more successful than I'll ever be, the fink.

Anyone without Sky is a dangerous Communist.

Also, I chatted with Osi in October. We talked about fish 'n' chips.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone without Sky is a dangerous Communist.

Also, I chatted with Osi in October. We talked about fish 'n' chips.

I want Sky. Apparently it gives you the opportunity to talk to NFL players.

:wub:

So, who here actually plays? BAFL-level, I mean. I doubt we've got any actual NFL players. Or do we?

I was hoping to start playing again (played at uni) with a local team (probably Nottingham Caesars or Leicester Falcons), but I've got a new job that means I work Sundays, which sort of scuppers that plan.

I want Sky. Apparently it gives you the opportunity to talk to NFL players.

:wub:

So, who here actually plays? BAFL-level, I mean. I doubt we've got any actual NFL players. Or do we?

I was hoping to start playing again (played at uni) with a local team (probably Nottingham Caesars or Leicester Falcons), but I've got a new job that means I work Sundays, which sort of scuppers that plan.

DO IT! I play with the Leicester Longhorns at the moment, but will most probably be playing (or at least training) with the Falcons when the BUAFL season finishes. The Falcons (well at the least the ones that I know) are a great bunch of guys.

DO IT! I play with the Leicester Longhorns at the moment, but will most probably be playing (or at least training) with the Falcons when the BUAFL season finishes. The Falcons (well at the least the ones that I know) are a great bunch of guys.

Assuming that through some mystical set of circumstances I don't have to work Sundays any more, I definitely will. Otherwise, I'm a bit stuck.

And a bit scared. It's been a while since uni and I haven't exactly kept in shape...

Assuming that through some mystical set of circumstances I don't have to work Sundays any more, I definitely will. Otherwise, I'm a bit stuck.

And a bit scared. It's been a while since uni and I haven't exactly kept in shape...

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it's not like you're playing rugby or anything.

Yeah, if it's referring to the actual place on the pitch it would say...

1st&10 on opp (or own) 35. That kind of thing.

1st & 10 means that it's First Down and 10 yards to go (until the team earns the next First Down). So, no, not necessarily the 10 yard line – just that the team needs to progress 10 yards in order to retain possession of the ball.

Ta. :) And 1st Down would be essentially their first attempt at a run, right?

They'll start training on Thursday evenings up at Stoneygate Rugby Club soon, so if you can't make it on Sundays for games, just come down and train at the very least. Don't worry about being in bad shape, my fitness levels are appalling at the moment, I'm playing and training in order to get into reasonable shape for next year's BUAFL season.

I'll let you know when they start their midweek training sessions if you want. You know how ridiculous the training sessions are, if you take it seriously (and don't keep getting injured/ill like me), you'll be back in shape in no time.

• 6 months later...

Anyone watch the Giants game last night? T'was rubbish. Its all about Sunday though when the mighty Dolphins host the Jets.

Wooooooo!!!!!

Who's your money on this season then? Pats will be strong as always though I fancy it may be the Cowboy's year assuming Romo doesn't bottle it again.

looking forward to seeing if the Rams can do better than their abysmal year last year.

Who else has got tickets to wembly next month?

I hope we do better than last year! I'm telling you, getting rid of Kurt... Biggest mistake ever. Sure, Bulger's pretty damn good as well, but he's no Kurt! Thankfully, Steven Jackson's back, and we still have Holt, and let's hope that this year our O-Line don't all get injured at the same time.

I have tickets for the Wembley game, might have a few spare going. Waiting to hear back from some of my mates, if I have any spare I'll put them on the forum for any NON PATS fans to join me.