IGNORED

NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

So if they reverse the Calvin Johnson rule, does the old rule now become the Dez Bryant rule?

I like Dez Bryant. He always seems like he's one screw short of a full set and he wears his heart on his sleeve, plus he's an awesome receiver. Kind of like what Josh Gordon would be if Josh Gordon wasn't so lazy and mashed half the time.

NCAA title game tonight. Go Buckeyes!

John Fox and all his assistants have been let go/told they should look for other gigs by the Broncos.

http://deadspin.com/denver-broncos-head-coach-john-fox-agree-to-part-ways-1679085429

Broncos could be decimated by Free Agency this off season, which could see them a shadow of the team they were this year.

Fox went 12-4 this season, I think this is a big mistake by Elway and the front office.

They kind of built a roster to win the super bowl quickly (lots of free agents) and have failed to do so. Now they need to look at rebuilding, with Manning probably going now or the end of next year. Get a new HC with a vision whilst your still good and move forward.

Just watched the NC game. Quite glad the buckeyes won. A lot of college fans can be really snobbish about conferences (sec! sec!). Noone gave tOSU a chance, in the old system they wouldn't have even been in the game.

They weren't two flukey wins either, and with a back up qb, or third qb! Pretty amazing really.

I'd just like to take this opportunity, given I don't know how much Big Ten you guys watch, that my Iowa Hawkeyes regularly hold their own against Ohio State. Unfortunately, they added two extra teams and split the whole conference into this bullshit thing where we didn't play them this year. I remember one amazing game, perhaps 3 seasons back, where we threw a TD to win with the last move in the dying seconds of the game. Amazing scenes.

College football is ace, but the NCAA make it such a money-sapping bullshit scheme.

We should give them Manziel!

There was a famous match at the old Browns stadium in 1989 or so where they had to change ends in the final quarter because Elway, ever-popular after defeating us in two AFC Championship games, was pelted with dog biscuits any time he went anywhere near the Dawg Pound stands at that end.

John Elway hosted a press conference yesterday and brilliantly he accidentally started by thanking John Elway rather than John Fox for all he did for the Broncos.

Accidentally.

I was hugely drunk for a best man speech and I was told I thanked the best man for coming. Just one of the ways I'm very much like John Elway.

Hawks I think (and hope as a fan). I think if Rogers is still carrying his injury then our D is going to take him apart. But I'm still scared because our offense isn't generally a monster points wise so it does real on shutting them down to an extent.

Two turnovers. Two incredibly short fields. A dumb penalty and two chicken-hearted field goals on 4th and goal from inside the one.

That's the end of that. Hawks all the way from here.

Edit: Though perhaps a little later, after that 3 and out!