IGNORED

NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

Des Bryant is going to be entertaining in the aftermath of this.

Feel sorry for the Cowboys, but who'd have thought at the start of the season they'd come this close to a Championship game. They've got some serious weapons - some intelligent defensive drafting should see them back again next year.

The cowboys didnt lose on the call missed FG before the half was a 6 point swing murray fumble with nothing but daylight ahead of him was killer. The Cowboys had their chances and blew it

I had them winning 5 games prior to this season so i find it hard to be to down for how it ended. Get a NFL quality DL in the offseason upgrade at least 1 of the safety spots and make another run at it next year, that OL is only going to get better

Terrible terrible rule. That is possession all year long. Took two paces with clear control. Time for a rule change NFL.

Swapping hands to reach for the endzone = a football move = possession = completed pass.

Absolutely bullshit call, that's a completed pass. I'd be goddamn furious if I was a Cowboys fan.

If I were a Colts fan I'd be pretty happy right now. Kind of hoping the Packers and Colts win out next weekend now (well, not kind of - I would much prefer them winning) so Andrew Luck gets to try and scale the Manning, Brady and Rodgers mountain to win his first Super Bowl ring.

I'd fancy the Packers at home with a fully fit Rodgers, but on the road against the Seahawks with Rodgers carrying an injury I fear for us.

Don't fancy the Colts chances either, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Now we can all enjoy another January were the pundits debate the Manning post-season choke!

As was pointed out, if it had happened two yards further on, he'd have crossed the plane of the goal before grounding the ball and that would have been given as a TD. Therefore he must have had possession. Therefore it must be a reception.

I don't get the rule...

I mean, based on the way the game had been going in the second half, it wouldn't have surprised me if the Packers had scored on their next possession to win anyway. But for that to be the reason the Cowboys lost, when it was an amazing catch is pretty galling.

As a Redskins/Packers fan, I usually enjoy watching the Cowboys suffer. But the running of Murray has been a revelation and seeing poor Dez Bryant on the sideline, head in hands, gave me no pleasure - and soured an otherwise happy win.