IGNORED

NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

Yeah, think that call will be quite the talking point for some time. It wasn't lost on me though that the drive the Lions were on was built off the back of a few key sacks that were made by a player who - in my opinion - should have remained banned, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

Cowboys at Packers is a much more exciting prospect anyway. Looking forward to it!

Yeah there was an incidental face mask, though it happened before the ball arrived, I think. I believe the DB could have still played the ball not the man. One possible pen wasn't called, the other was. Then with no explanation the good call was taken back. Poor officiating however you look at it.

Agree with the Suh sentiment though. Shouldn't have been on the pitch after the Rodgers stamp.

The other thing that made the end result okay is that, even with the flag picked up, Detroit still had a very makable 4th and 1 on midfield. Their running game was doing okay, so surely they should have just gone for it - tried to extend the drive and win the game. Instead they tried to get an offsides penalty which drew a 5-yard penalty on them and then punted. Far too conservative.

I'd quite like the Colts to go over the Broncos - not only because I am a Browns fan bitter about the fact the Broncos kept us from two Super Bowls, but also because it'd be nice to see the 'apprentice' overcoming the master at QB. Then again, Manning really seems to be struggling at the moment and it'd be nice to see him get another Super Bowl win. Hmm.

The Seahawks and Panthers game could get a bit messy, mind. Glad that one's the most tricky to stay up for as it's probably the one I am most confident in the result of.