IGNORED

NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

Difficult this one (suh) as he didn't look where he was standing, unlike last time. I think he knew he wasn't standing on grass though!

Browns need to steer clear from FSUs Winston. He isn't that great to put up with the long list of bullshit he pulled in college. The most baffling being suspended for a game then coming out in full uniform. His coaches reaction was priceless.

Fox operated Ken-bot always seems to kill any play off excitement in American sports. Still, it was kind of fun to see him choke trying to convey excitement for the Phillies World Series win back in 2008. He clearly hated the team lol.

Anyway congrats to all you guys with a team play off bound. I'm confident in the 'hawks prospects of reaching another bowl and hope it will be against the Steelers or Patriots via Green Bay.

Suh can be a great player, but he's an idiot with previous for this. No surprise with the suspension.

Fancy the Cowboys to do the business against the Lions this weekend. The Lions stuttered to get their wins as the regular season closed, while the Cowboys started to hit some form.

All is better than being a Jets fan. The team has no consistency in approach, Idzik had done well to clear a lot of cap space for the next 2 years to be able to sign the few decent players we had to proper long term contracts, was saddled with a coaching staff and a scouting department he wasn't allowed to change then fired for their failures. Our owner is clueless about football, stingy when he can get away with it.... oh well, at least he isn't Dan Snyder

My wife is normally spot on when I don't want to know any results. Taped steelers Bengals last night knowing that if we win we play the Ravens, lose and we play the Colts. Her brother is a Ravens fan. Got home tonight and she was oblivious to this implication, so she mentions she's been talking to her brother who's excited because he's off next week so can stay up to watch the Steelers Ravens game.... Thanks love :)

The Steelers would probably been better off losing, the Colts home or away is a much better match up for them

Yup, form goes out the window when playing the Ravens. Usually a good game though. The turn around for haley is pretty amazing. The offense is carrying the defence for once.

Steelers vs. Ravens is always slightly awkward to watch when a Browns fan. Kind of watching the old us versus the old enemy. Not sure who I'd want to win! Definitely pretty painful watching the Ravens and their success though - that episode of A Football Life when they did the 1995 Browns showed that what we had in our last season went on to provide the nucleus of the Patriots and Ravens for the next decade. If we hadn't lost the team who knows what would have happened.

Also, having criticised Suh earlier (he's since been fined and had the ban lifted), word is we are finally going to make a big move in free agency to get him in a Browns jersey. That could be interesting! We've got the second highest cap room to spend in the league and two first round picks coming up... dare I begin to hope?

Yeah, I think so. Losing Alex Mack was a big problem for Hoyer as suddenly it meant oppositions' pass rush could get to him far easier. You can almost literally see it ruining our season too, as he was injured whilst we were beating the Steelers and from there...

I would be happy if we got rid of Manziel and used a first rounder on Connor Cook out of Michigan. He was excellent against Baylor yesterday and really stood up in tough circumstances. Reckon he has a chance of making a good career for himself, and he comes with none of Winston's baggage (The Bucs surely have Mariota tapped up already).

Yeah, it's quite tough to watch in some respects. I also think they need to change the home field rule a bit, as it feels wrong that the Panthers are hosting given the comparative seasons the two teams had.

Panthers just need to run it more. Stewart is in fine bulldozing form - they need to take advantage of it!