IGNORED

NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

A lot of what has turned out to be the Cowboys best defensive players didn't play in the preseason. Rolando McClain actually looks better then Sean Lee, Henry Melton is starting to get in shape and Anthony Spencer is finally back and playing well. DeMarcus Lawrence has been cleared to practice now and if he can be a somewhat decent pass rusher then that D will only get better.

Stories coming out that he had altercations with Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate (I hope that isn't the reason he left) among others and wasn't really fitting into the team ethic, and so far DB and Kearse have been more effective. Harvin has the potential to be a game changer but also seems fragile, and basically giving him away frees up funds to tie up Wilson, Wagner and others soon so it's a shame but understandable.

Browns can't get their running game going and Hoyer is like a deer in headlight. Every one play badly apart from Andrew Hawkins, and secondary. Browns was 6-0 within 2 minutes to go and got a field goal attempt but they went for it on 4th down and it was turning point :( The Jaguars can defend against running game very effectively. Look like we missed Alex Mack too much tonight :(

Woah, another Browns fan! That's a unique experience for me!

Yeah, we missed Mack badly today. Our run game got snuffed out and Hoyer turned into the QB I fear he really is with some really poor throws. We had to settle for a field goal to go 6-0 up when on the play prior Travis Benjamin was wide open on a slant for an easy TD.

There was no excuse for not throwing Johnny in after they went out of reach either. Run wasn't working, Hoyer wasn't working, give Manziel some game time when it doesn't really matter to see how he can do. At the moment our number 8 draft pick is benched for being a glaring weak spot in the secondary and our number 22 pick isn't even thrown in during garbage time. During the week Pettine reminded everyone that had we not traded with the Bills we would have gotten Sammy Watkins with the number 4 pick... don't remind us!

All in all very frustrating, as for a few weeks I was under the illusion that for a nice change I supported a competent football team! Seems like it is same old Browns though. At least some of today's football elsewhere cheered me up - that Rams trick punt return was the best thing all season by a mile!

Edit: just saw Manning break Favre's record. Amazing stuff :)

Great win for the Packers!

What the hell happened to the Browns? Done by the Jags of all teams!

I really worried about Cam Newton taking us to town but the defence, again held strong and surprised me. Familiar theme this now...

I really worried about Cam Newton taking us to town but the defence, again held strong and surprised me. Familiar theme this now...

I'm with you on that. I had some fears of him running rings around us, but that was as comfortable a game as we've had in ages.

I've no idea what to expect from next weeks game. On paper the Saints look like a decent team, but their results have been awful. They threw away a good lead against the Lions late on yesterday. If we can get a result against them it would set us up well for coming off our bye week at home to the Bears.

I'm with you on that. I had some fears of him running rings around us, but that was as comfortable a game as we've had in ages.

I've no idea what to expect from next weeks game. On paper the Saints look like a decent team, but their results have been awful. They threw away a good lead against the Lions late on yesterday. If we can get a result against them it would set us up well for coming off our bye week at home to the Bears.

I'm sure Brees and the Saints at home will be a tougher test for the defence but I do have a lot more confidence in their ability as a unit now. Mathews seems much better yesterday too and for whoever was asking about Clinton-Dix, he's becoming a really valuable player for us. I think in the last 2-3 games he's really stood out.

Is anyone here playing Fantasy Football? How are you getting on?

I've got 4 teams running this year - they are 6-1, 5-2, 4-3 and 3-4 so nice range of success there :lol: . My 3-4 would be another 4-3 but for the fact I benched Wilson in favour of Luck and the Bengals didn't get to use their kicker once :hmm:

My team is 4-3 (labouring under Matt Ryan and Eddie Lacey amongst other under-performers) putting me tied third in my long-time ten-team yahoo league. My cousin tops the standings at 7-0 and just has a monster team with pretty much all the Bronco receivers. Mind you, I won our SB last year for the second time so can't really complain.

Yeah, I can't wait. It's been a great season so far. Really really hoping it carries on.

Yup, been a Cowboys fan for 4/5 years now and never known they could win more than one game, can't wait for them to crush the jags at wembley :D

Great game at Wembley, was worried it was a washout at half time but the Lions really pulled it back and won it in last 4 seconds.

Bloody brilliant, after so many dross games in the uk over theist four years it's great to be at a real game for a change.

I'm having a Fantasy Football apocalypse right now. Most of my teams rely heavily on the Ravens, Panthers and Seahawks scoring good points. They have 18 between them. Three of my teams have Tom Brady as opposing QB this week. The Bears are being beyond awful.

I'm having a Fantasy Football apocalypse right now. Most of my teams rely heavily on the Ravens, Panthers and Seahawks scoring good points. They have 18 between them. Three of my teams have Tom Brady as opposing QB this week. The Bears are being beyond awful.

Sound like my whole season in fantasy. AJ Green and Jimmy Graham injured for a few weeks, plus Mark Ingram who broke his hand and back after 5 weeks out. Now Lynch, the cornerstone of any points I have managed to score is having a rubbish game. I think I might be a curse for anyone I pick.

Sound like my whole season in fantasy. AJ Green and Jimmy Graham injured for a few weeks, plus Mark Ingram who broke his hand and back after 5 weeks out. Now Lynch, the cornerstone of any points I have managed to score is having a rubbish game. I think I might be a curse for anyone I pick.

Somehow I've managed to leave my games looking like I am going to win them all! Didn't see that coming.

Our game against the Raiders has kicked off. I hope we win, but on the other hand I like Derek Carr as a player and think he is the best rookie QB out there right now (I'd like to see Manziel have some proper time though).

Steelers wearing some sweet throwback jerseys against the Colts :)

I've not managed to watch the game yet but saw the result. Sounds like we were doing alright until Rodger got hurt? With a bye week this week might give a few players a chance to get healthy.

Things that stuck out in the stats was we got owned by the run (again) and Lacy had over 100 yards receiving!

It was a close game until Rodgers got hurt and then we went shotgun from then on, which made defence for the Saints a much easier task as they pretty much knew exactly what we'd be doing each play.

Run wise we did seem to slip back into not being able to deal with it territory.