IGNORED

NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

I still have fears about our defence with mobile QB's. I think I'm forever scared by that 49ers play-off game the other season.

Any team who can run the ball basically. That 49ers game brings back some horrible memories, wasn't that much better when we played them last year either if I remember correctly?

Plus once you pick a team you can stop enjoying any of their games and have a nervous breakdown that lasts approximately three hours every weekend!

Following West Ham I get that every week in 2 hour doses instead, so nothing new there. I actually said out loud to someone yesterday, "I don't why I support WHU, because most of the time I f**king hate them "

Anyway, I have always liked the Steelers logo, but I cannot be that shallow. Yet..............

2/2 in picks , gone for the Patriots this week.

Any team who can run the ball basically. That 49ers game brings back some horrible memories, wasn't that much better when we played them last year either if I remember correctly?

There was an improvement in the last game, but then when the previous outing was so bad that you could taxi a 747 down the gaps in the running lanes it would be hard to be worse!

That and somehow we managed to have a squad full of defenders how don't understand the concept of containing a mobile QB in the pocket and force the bugger to throw the thing. The bloody QB ran for 181 yards that game! :facepalm:

Following West Ham I get that every week in 2 hour doses instead, so nothing new there. I actually said out loud to someone yesterday, "I don't why I support WHU, because most of the time I f**king hate them "

Anyway, I have always liked the Steelers logo, but I cannot be that shallow. Yet..............

2/2 in picks , gone for the Patriots this week.

Picking a team for this if you aren't from the USA is normally based off something daft like liking the logo, city or a specific player.

The plus side to the NFL is every team stands the chance of building a winning team through the draft. The downside is you could pick a team that can't draft for shit!

There was an improvement in the last game, but then when the previous outing was so bad that you could taxi a 747 down the gaps in the running lanes it would be hard to be worse!

That and somehow we managed to have a squad full of defenders how don't understand the concept of containing a mobile QB in the pocket and force the bugger to throw the thing. The bloody QB ran for 181 yards that game! :facepalm:

Just looked at the box scores. Wasn't pretty. Kaepernick rushed for 181 yards and Gore rushed for 119. Not to mention Kaepernick passed for 263. God. I remember it being bad but I can see why I never went back and had a look.

Checked last years too and they did do better, but like you say, anything was going to be better than that. Kaepernick rushed for 98 yards (only 7 attempts mind) and passed for 227. Kept Gore down to 66 rushing yards too.

Looking at those numbers you'd have to hope that GB and Capers have worked on those areas in the off season. Otherwise like you say we're not going to get any success.

Anyway, finally got GamePass this weekend for the first time so I can watch every GB game. It's really good but have to say the streaming quality on PC isn't the best I found. The GamePass app on iPad is great quality though and much better than the NBA one.

For anyone thinking about getting I used the promo code Rep15 for 15% off. Got the Season Pass for £85 which is decent.

Come join us being bitter. I thought the death of our defense was a bit premature, but this year I think it really has died a death :(

We do finally have someone who can run with the ball instead of running straight up the middle and getting stopped!

Ooofff this could be a long season. The Lions defence completely owned us in that game.

It was horrible but not for the reasons I thought it was going to be. Rodgers wasn't somewhere else yesterday. Every throw seemed off target to some degree, the one to Nelson which would have been a TD being the most shocking! That's usually bread and butter for him. Lacy too, fumble and just left to right running without really getting anyway. I wonder if two concussions is playing on his mind.

Credit to the defence though, thought they were brilliant. Had you told me before the game the defence would hold the Lions to 10 points I'd have been very comfortable of a Packers win. It was the offence that let us down badly this one.

Chicago next week, a must win for me. Even this early on in the season.

I agree Chicago is a must win now.

Rodgers didn't have a great game. One of his poorest for a long time. You get the feeling he doesn't trust this receiving core as much as the likes of Driver, Jennings etc and it's starting to affect his confidence.

I think they got in our faces and we bottled it to a degree. Lacy was poor too. Although the O-Line didn't give him much to work with, but in the name of god man don't start running backwards play after play when an aggressive defence are coming after you! Take the hit and try and nail the line of scrimmage if you must.

The plus point would be the defence who as you said played very well. Maybe at some point this season both the offence and defence will turn up for the same game!

The Ravens tried really, really hard to let us win on Sunday. Rather than allow them, we reverted to classic Cleveland and choked.

On one hand it's been a good start to the season as a few experts were saying we were looking like one of the worst teams and instead we've been quite competitive, but with a little more clinical game management we'd be 3-0 now.

The Bengals look like they're top dogs in the AFC North, but I am hopeful we can give the Ravens and Steelers a good run for their money.

So... , in trying to move this interest in NFL along, I got me and the missus tickets for Sunday. Based on this fact I'm going to nail my colours to the mast, after my brief flirtation with the Steeler's logo.

I'm going................................Raiders. Based on nothing more than If it was good enough for Chuck D back in the day, its good enough for me.

Now I understand they are a bit shit, but based on my other affliction for WHU, I'm sure I'll fit in fine.

Roll on Sunday.

Oakland are truly dreadful and have to be the worst drafters in recent history, they have wasted so many high draft picks on crap like JaMarcus Russell.

Chuck D only have worn a Raiders cap in the same way he used to wear Pittsburgh Pirates cap, it looked cool.

I remember Ice Cube once said in a song 'Stopped giving juice the Raiders, coz Al Davis never paid us'.

Oakland are truly dreadful and have to be the worst drafters in recent history, they have wasted so many high draft picks on crap like JaMarcus Russell.

Quote me : Now I understand they are a bit shit, but based on my other affliction for WHU, I'm sure I'll fit in fine.

Sunday will tell me how my choice went.

The good thing with the NFL is there is always hope your team can turn it around if they can draft well and use the free agency well. There isn't a team in the league that hasn't dropped a clanger or ten in those areas, but some teams have historically done better than others.

2005 was the Packers worst season for an age mostly to key injuries and Farve throwing his average 300 interceptions a year! We did nicely drafting a young QB in the draft as the 24th pick that year though.

And because I'm bored watching the jets, who do you think has the nicest stadium?

I really like the look of the Colts, you don't see many that aren't oval in shape. Cowboys had to be up there for the sheer ludicrous size of it!

In college it has to be the big house. 100k capacity is ridiculous in its own right.

Anyone been to see a NFL/college game in the US?

Anyone else going to Wembley to see the Dolphins/Raiders game?

It'll be my first live NFL match. Very excited, although my Dolphins do like handing out wins to teams that haven't got any up until meeting us....You can thank us later, Raiders.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll bring the Browns over next year.

No doubt the Browns should be 3-0 now. You gave away the games against us and the Ravens.

What makes it more frustrating is that we've got the Titans, Jags, Raiders and Bucs as four out of our five upcoming games, with the Steelers at home being the other one. We could have been this year's Chiefs and been 8-0 based entirely off a favourable early schedule!

Decided to sit and watch the Wembley game on nos. In the past I've always dismissed the game for being too slow and boring (admittedly after watching very little) but it's not actually that bad. Been reading up on the rules too and it doesn't seem that difficult to pick up. May have a good read up on the game and watch a few more.

If I start to like it though, gonna need a team.

Don't fall under the illusion that nothing happens between the ball being in play. You'll get to appreciate the mind games of people moving round on the defence to confuse the qb, guessing whether it's a run or a pass etc.

There are times when it does need to hurry the hell up though!