NFL/NCAA American Football – Thread for experts and newcomers alike

Rex Grossman

The Titans have so unlucky this season, robbed of a win last against the Chiefs due to a really dodgy call and last night, if we had a QB we would have easily beaten the Seahawks. How the hell are they 5-1 anyway, Russell Wilson is just a running back masquerading as a QB and I didn't think to much of their defence either.

Losing Locker for 4 games has ruined our season really. Defence has been been playing really well and just when Locker was looking good, he goes and gets injured due to a pretty late hit, at least the Texans are doing even worse so I suppose there is a small chance of a getting a wildcard still.

Rams win 2 in a row. Might as well just put our name on the Lombardi trophy right now because we finally made multiple double digit yardage running plays.

Hopefully now we'll see a nice mix of run/pass plays from now on instead of an over-reliance on the spread offence. It's useless with Schottenheimer calling the plays because he thinks it's illegal to throw a pass further than 5 yards. In the game against the Texans it was a good mix of run and pass plays, and the mild success of the run gave Bradford some time to actually try stretching the field (like he did multiple times last season). He threw some fantastic passes whilst under pressure, and even when getting hit. The defence came to play as well, great tackles throughout and some big scoring plays including Ogletree's 98/99yd INT TD.

It feels as though the team is finding some rhythm, hopefully they can carry this through into the next few games. I'm still concerned about the MNF against the Seahawks though. If the defence doesn't turn up for that one, then we're in trouble. Schottenheimer will go back to thinking a deep ball is 5yds, and it'll go back to 90:10 pass/run plays. Could be absolutely brutal, especially if Harvin plays for the Seahawks.

Patriots today. Even the haters must have thought that was a bogus penalty at the end!?

Anyway, Broncos for Sunday Night Football. Should be good.

I didn't watch it. I'd heard some people claim it was a bogus call. So what? The Patriots get away with holding more than anybody else. So if the refs decided not to be pro-Pats for once, good. I hope it continues. Then the smug Pat-twats will know how the rest of us feel when the officials screw us over with non-calls on a weekly basis.

Indeed. I don't know I'll react to the Rams signing Tebow. Probably a mixture of "Holy shit, someone signed Tebow. This is hilarious!" and "Holy shit. WE signed Tebow!"

I've got my jersey already ordered. Come back NFL Jesus, we need more laughs at your expense! #TebowTime

I didn't watch it. I'd heard some people claim it was a bogus call. So what? The Patriots get away with holding more than anybody else. So if the refs decided not to be pro-Pats for once, good. I hope it continues. Then the smug Pat-twats will know how the rest of us feel when the officials screw us over with non-calls on a weekly basis.

I'd say thats more of a Cowboys phenomenon myself. Apparently the NFL rules website was edited/redacted after the call to fit what happened. Worse than that call though was the helmet-to-helmet hit on Amendola last week, it was a perfect example of what they want to try and remove from the game and it wasnt even flagged. Also there was a nice "flop" by Luck in the game last night :lol: which was a great game also i might add.

Did anyone watch the "Life in Football" about Kurt Warner? it was awesome and well worth seeking out if you can find it out there.

I'd say thats more of a Cowboys phenomenon myself. Apparently the NFL rules website was edited/redacted after the call to fit what happened. Worse than that call though was the helmet-to-helmet hit on Amendola last week, it was a perfect example of what they want to try and remove from the game and it wasnt even flagged. Also there was a nice "flop" by Luck in the game last night :lol: which was a great game also i might add.

Did anyone watch the "Life in Football" about Kurt Warner? it was awesome and well worth seeking out if you can find it out there.

Kurt Warner, aka the most under-rated QB of all time. If it wasn't for the defence letting him down in the final minutes of 2 Superbowls, he'd be a 3 time Superbowl winner, and possibly a three time Superbowl MVP as well.

And to do it with 2 of the most sucky franchises in the history of the NFL... The man is a living legend. He's the reason why I started supporting the Rams. I started watching when The Greatest Show on Turf was putting on a show each week, even when they lost. It was entertaining stuff, especially when you consider where he came from and how he ended up in the NFL.

Jesus Mk2 wishes he was Kurt Warner.

Not sure why the Rams haven't been able to turn it around yet they are loaded with young talent reminds me a bit of the 49'ers prior to 2011,a good young team that can't get their shit together. On the bright side both yours and the Skins draft picks looks to be high once this year and you got a good coach so the future is looking pretty bright

Kurt Warner, aka the most under-rated QB of all time. If it wasn't for the defence letting him down in the final minutes of 2 Superbowls, he'd be a 3 time Superbowl winner, and possibly a three time Superbowl MVP as well.

And to do it with 2 of the most sucky franchises in the history of the NFL... The man is a living legend. He's the reason why I started supporting the Rams. I started watching when The Greatest Show on Turf was putting on a show each week, even when they lost. It was entertaining stuff, especially when you consider where he came from and how he ended up in the NFL.

Jesus Mk2 wishes he was Kurt Warner.

I know, he is an inspiration really. Its part of the reason i like teh NFL so much, there's loads of stories of players who missed out somehow then get a chance and become stars, it just doesnt seem to happen in football here so much.

Not sure why the Rams haven't been able to turn it around yet they are loaded with young talent reminds me a bit of the 49'ers prior to 2011,a good young team that can't get their shit together. On the bright side both yours and the Skins draft picks looks to be high once this year and you got a good coach so the future is looking pretty bright

The weak link at the moment appears to be Shotty as the OC. He's still in "my QB is Sanchez and can't throw past 5 yds", so the entire offence has been DOA. Treating the whole field as the redzone means that you aren't stretching the field, and you aren't using the pass to set up the run. You're just letting the defence control what you do as opposed to the other way round.

It's weird, last year we had less talent at WR (but a top RB) and he called some great plays and took advantage of Bradford's amazing play action fake for massive yardage. This year, none of that. The most ineffective spread offence the world had ever seen. In recent weeks he went back to last year's type of playcalling and it was proving considerably more successful, that and using Zac Stacy at RB added somewhat of a run threat which opened up the pass a little better.

Still, we have the youngest roster in the NFL, and we'll be able to add some more top talent this year. But I reckon if Shotty stays next year, and Bradford still doesn't get it done, the Rams will cut and run with him. It'll be a damn shame as well, because he's got the potential to be a top tier QB. But, if he hasn't got it done consistently over a few years (even though there are legitimate reasons) I can't really blame the Rams if they cut their losses. I hope they don't though.

In a way, I'm kind of glad I have an early morning on Tuesday. I don't think I could make it through what could be the most one sided tie in NFL history against the Seahawks on MNF.

I know, he is an inspiration really. Its part of the reason i like teh NFL so much, there's loads of stories of players who missed out somehow then get a chance and become stars, it just doesnt seem to happen in football here so much.

Yeah, the NFL always has these cinderella stories that warm the heart. It's always nice to see guys like Warner make it. He seems like a really humble and genuinely sincere guy. I really hope they give him his rightful place in the hall of fame.

Next years games at Wembley have been announced Dallas will play Jacksonville, Oakland Raiders against Miami and Atlanta against Detroit which will probably be the best game.

I would love to go watch the Lions, that is my goal for next year I think.

Someone help me out here. Why didn't the cowboys just take a couple of knees to burn the last minute and kick a fg with seconds left? Because of the lions' timeouts? They only had 2, we could have done it at least once. Fuck me, losing by 1 with 12 seconds left.

That last playcall was utter madness. Stacy has been running through them all night long, you need a yard, give him the damn ball and let him try. They think you're going to pass it, go with the run! You gave the pass a chance, and Givens dropped it. Now reward Stacy for his effort throughout the game!

It's so frustrating watching games like that. 3 terrible throws from the Rams, and 1 good throw for the Seahawks sealed the game. We didn't deserve to lose, but that's just football. It's tough to watch!

I know, the did the hard bit getting down teh field then completely choked, there was one pass where the pass was right on the numbvers and he just coughed it up, i wish i could remember who it was. I quite like the Seahawks, WIlson is awesome and the defence play great aggressive stuff, but Golden Tate is an utter twat and i wish he'd been run out of bounds because he just made it to the endzone, it would have been up there with the guy at the Eagles dropping the ball before the line, Percy Harvin was it? My memory is fucked at the minute.