Sign in to follow this  
Belbo

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)

No doubt some of you are aware by now of the brand new Super Mario World Internet sensation sweeping the web; Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition). Not for the faint-hearted, this particular ROM hack appears to be developed by Satan himself, utilising some of SMW's most notorious enemies and obstacles in near-ridiculous situations to produce possibly the most insane 'game' ever created. It really has to be seen (and played) to be believed.

Screen01.pngScreen02.png

Not one to shy away from challenges (and excuses to replay my favourite game - albeit in a heavily disguised self-suicide edition) I have decided to play through the entire thing for your pleasure. I'm still learning the ropes, as it were, but I'll be uploading the results to YouTube (and this thread) as I progress. You can download the ROM file from the link below and play yourself. Update (09/11/07) - As of today I have completed the game, and have also uploaded a number of related files which are listed below. You can also view any of my videos at any time by clicking on the links below. Enjoy.

[Link] Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) - ROM File

[Link] Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) - Completed ROM Save File

Place both of these ROM files in the same directory and load up the .smc file into your favourite SNES emulator to play.

[Link] Lunar Magic Mario World Level Editor Files

Includes Lunar Magic Mario World Level Editor and Super Mario World ROM (US Version). Load up the Lunar Magic Mario World Level Editor and load up the SMW ROM from the file menu. Now you can use the menus and toolbars to edit and design your own Super Mario World hack and save the result to a seperate ROM image. Remember to upload any interesting designs here.

[Link] 'Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)' Video Progress:

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

In-Game Text Translations:

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) Intro + 1-1

Intro: "Oh no, that woman again?!"

Yoshi's House: "Go, quickly, without stopping!

-Super Dragon Yoshi-"

1-1: "Please do your best to clear the first stage"

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 1-S

"Yellow blocks have appeared. That's all."

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 1-2

"You must hit the yellow switch before coming here"

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 1-3

"Yoshi is important. You have to advance while feeding him"

"Thanks, moustachioed old man! Thanks a lot!"

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 1-4

"I've tried to put in a bit of a riddle. Don't hold it against me!"

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 2-1

No Block(s)

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 2-S

"Red blocks have appeared. What, that's all?! Ah well"

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) S-1 (Star Road)

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) S-2 (Star Road)

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) S-3 (Star Road)

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) S-4 (Star Road)

No Block(s)

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) S-5 (Bonus Area)

"Special stages all clear! Thank you very much for playing this far! If you clear this stage, you can go to 'the other world'"

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 2-2

"You're worn out"

Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition) 2-3 (Bowser) + Credits

"Advance with all your might"

Related/Affiliated Links:

[Link] Toky.it - Appears to be an Italian site which references each of my YouTube videos so far.

[Link] Vietsom.com - Again, references all the videos so far - I'm not sure of the background of this site.

[Link] Play.tm - This site simply hosts a news article which links to the first page of this thread.

[Link] DS Wifi - Probably started by someone from here (I think I recognise the name) just detailing this thread and my progress so far on a Nintendo DS Wifi forum.

Thanks very much for all your comments and support.

: )

• Upvote 4

Jesus face. I mean, there's hard, and then there's pointlessly, ridiculously difficult!! Hats off to you, good sir!

I shit myself on your behalf several times just watching it!

Holy mother of god, that's impressive stuff Dave. It reminds me of that hacked Super Mario Bros. thing; you've got to have the patience of a saint (or save states) to try and get through one of those stages, let alone a sizeable portion of the game.

someone should set up a collaborative romhack like the rllmuk counter-strike map or 2ch's Vipper Mario World.

Now that would be amazing. The basics of Lunar Magic are dead straighforward, plus all the resources you need are available online, so it's not as exclusive as the CS thingy.

'Super Mario World (Kaizo Edition)' Video Progress:

Awesome! You did that in one take, right? Bloody impressive if so.

You guys need to see this then.

A video of somebody on their 1st run through one of the levels with live commentary.

Genuine lol's to be had ;)

Watch This

Hilarious :lol: "WHYAT!!!!".

You guys need to see this then.

A video of somebody on their 1st run through one of the levels with live commentary.

Genuine lol's to be had ;)

Watch This

Genuine lol when he finally completed the level only to die after the finish post. Whoever made this hack is a bad, bad man. :lol: