IGNORED

24 : TwentyFour

Capwn

Wow, as ludicrous as it was, I absolutely loved this episode, my favourite of the season so far I reckon.

Though clearly absolutely loaded with all sorts of moral messages and semi-religious undertones etc the hospital scene with Renee's breakdown was brilliantly acted by both parties, very convincing.

Reminded me a little of Season 6 with the sudden switch to a new villian/threat, but at least this time it's completely relevant to what's already happened, the whole Audrey thing in S6 with the Chinese villian was beyond ludicrous.

Tony is one cool motherfucker though, loving that little scene at the end. Here's hoping he's leading Jack into a trap, would certainly make things more interesting.

Notes on this episode

-This season is about Renée's progress as she realises that the wheels of freedom can only be greased by torture. Lots of torture. She's still fighting it, but the revelation will dawn on her soon enough.

-I thought when the corrupt faction in government became compromised they would do something awesome like staging a coup, so it's a bit rubbish that now Candyman is getting involved to keep the cowboys and indians (blacks) story going.

-If the writers, director, producers, actors et cetera are not deliberately creating the delicious sexual tension between Jack and Tony, then they have serious problems with their concept of macho bonding between two men.

-Dubaku isn't so bad really, apart from the whole mass murder and terrorist atrocities thing. Poor Dubaku.

-Agent Moss still hasn't twigged that Jack is not going to bring his car back.

Yeah its a shame that this episode had a lot of cheesy moments and the "here comes the new boss!!!" thing.

But i have enjoyed all 10 episodes, its just that it doesnt seem that an awful lot has happened between ep1 and ep10. The terrorist threats have been poor compared to other series but it seems that next weeks double bill should deliever.

I think a lot has happened during the ten episodes. Little stories have moved on very quickly, plus the terrorist threat isn't huge this time which is a good thing. I think we got sick of nukes and gas going off killing people. These attacks are on a much smaller scale and very personal as well.

I think a lot has happened during the ten episodes. Little stories have moved on very quickly, plus the terrorist threat isn't huge this time which is a good thing. I think we got sick of nukes and gas going off killing people. These attacks are on a much smaller scale and very personal as well.

LOL, just wait until the next episode!

Episode 12!

Holy shit, this was just insanely awesome :doh:

Presidents daughter looks like pure filth :hmm:

The stalking from Juma and his men from corridor to corridor of the White House, silently taking down all secret service on route must be the best thing 24 has ever done

:P

Also Aeron!

Also bloodyhell - The lady president seams to take from the captain Janeway school of acting. Eesh

OMFG. Just watched them both back to back, and episode 12 was all kinds of awesome :doh:

The shit has, most definitely, hit the fan.

Tony Todd is fucking great as the bad guy, and it was awesome to see Jon Voight popping up - stealing the show, yet again

. Top stuff.

A great couple of episodes.

John Voight: "Stress is the fertiliser of creativity. Let's play darts!"

:doh::hmm:

And when Bill said to the senator, "You don't know what I'm thinking." I can exclusively reveal that he was thinking, "Weren't you in Robocop?"

My favourite bit...

Mrs. Bauer-to-be finds a detailed plan of a building. "Fuck, what's that?" she thinks, "it says 'Oval Office' on that room, but I don't know what it is".

Next plan...slightly less detailed, looks a bit like it could be a massive building, say White House-sized.

Next plan...OH FUCK NICE PENCIL DRAWING OF THE WHITE HOUSE

A bit gutted that...

Dubaku died

but

Juma and his men taking the White House and killing all the secret service numpties on the way was brilliantly done, especially the bit where Bill was racing away with the tracker and you knew they were approaching.

Other best bit...

Jack tazers the phone.

:doh:

Haha, yes! And also

when the President was asking Clarence Bodicker not to send Jack Bauer to prison forever for being a torture obsessed psychopath, and then the phone rang and it was announced on the speaker phone that Jack Bauer was actually in the White House, torturing someone as they spoke. Quelle embarassment!

Amazing scenes! :hmm:

The reveal of

the target

was perhaps the most unintentionally hilarious thing they've ever done. Genuine LOLs. :doh:

Okay, onto other stuff:

- The Secret Service pullback was a very clunky plot device indeed. "Produce evidence you have her!" "No." "Okay then, bye."

- And on the same note... Shoot everyone! All the secret service guys! Immediately! And staff members! But not... er... Bill or Aaron, even when they interfere with your plans, ok?

- Won't Clarence Bodicker ever give Jack a break? Jesus, he was even chiding him at the end!

- Fucking awesome episodes. The Juma soldiers stealth stuff was amazing. Anyone else wincing at the end when Tony Todd was talking about cutting the daughter's eyes out? Nasty.

- Oh, and this episode featured the best line in 24 history. Even better than, "I'm gonna need a hacksaw." You know the one. It shall be long remembered: "LET'S PLAY DARTS!"

- I want that line and subsequent dart throw to be GIF'd up for all eternity, to be used at moments of extreme coolness.

Best. Season. Ever.

how the heck was Renee Walker-Bauer able to outswim the boat with Debakus' son in it, also after she did how the hell was not frigging knackered after that swim?! :)

Also Stress is the fertilzer of creativity... lets play some darts pmsl.gif

Amazing scenes! :)

-

- Won't Clarence Bodicker ever give Jack a break? Jesus, he was even chiding him at the end!

Best. Season. Ever.

He's just jealous cause Jack managed to do what he couldn't and killed Robocop in Series 5

I'm really enjoying it, there's been a lot of 'Go on Jack, kick his ass' moments and shouting at the TV 'Don't go in there!' I love 24!

episode 12

I hope they DO cut some eyes out on the show. It has been threatened but nobody has ever gone through with it. Imagine Bill Buchanon with a eye taken out and having to wear a patch, HOW much cooler would he look!!?

Do we still need the tags?

Those episodes were awesome and hilarious!

Juma's blueprints, Voight, that guy having a go at Jack at the end. I love how every time Jack is arrested people are begging him to come back and kill/torture/rescue someone within the hour. The President looked real mad - I predict she'll personally kill Juma, then address the nation and declare torture officially awesome.

how the heck was Renee Walker-Bauer able to outswim the boat with Debakus' son in it, also after she did how the hell was not frigging knackered after that swim?! :wub:

I was thinking that. She jumps out of the boat, and probably not even thirty seconds later the dude is in the water with a motor raft, yet after about 2 minutes of chase he doesn't manage to catch up with her? DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Still, I suspend disbelief when watching 24, as everyone should really. Really good episodes, this series has been top-notch so far, hopefully it can maintain this sort of standard up until the end!

Why didn't Aaron attempt to send morse code from the beginning?

Erm, because he didn't have a torch or anything else to make the signal? Not that it worked anyway (presumably, though my prediction is that either someone will have seen it, or at some point in the next episode it'll be caught on security cam footage or something, prompting the rescue attempt).

I have a theory that

the FBI or whatever is searching (or just somehow watching) the camera (news crews etc) feeds from outside the whitehouse and they see the torch doing the morse code and then realise they can break in.

although i guess its a bit too late for that.

good couple of episodes though! will be interesting how the last half of the season plays out..

episode 12

I hope they DO cut some eyes out on the show. It has been threatened but nobody has ever gone through with it. Imagine Bill Buchanon with a eye taken out and having to wear a patch, HOW much cooler would he look!!?

mgs4_old_snake_figurine-779396.jpg

Episode 12 was a fantastic episode, absolutely loved it.