IGNORED

The Escapist: Zero Punctuation

Jarik

Great review, awful TV pilot-type show. Yahtzee really shouldn't be in front of a camera - it ruins the illusion of how I sometimes imagine him looking when he's ranting about games on the reviews.

They missed a great concept - they should have mocapped him and put his flash 'avatar' self into the program instead...

They can have THAT fucking brilliant idea for free if they're listening - no royalities required just DO IT

They missed a great concept - they should have mocapped him and put his flash 'avatar' self into the program instead...

They can have THAT fucking brilliant idea for free if they're listening - no royalities required just DO IT

That would have worked amazingly well, actually - just super-imposed his Flash avatar onto everything he was in. They missed a perfect idea!

edit - Hmm, I take a bit of it back. I quite like the Yahtzee bit where he's talking about point-and-click games.

Sonic Heroes was quite fun though, but I seem to be in the extreme minority with that.

Sonic Heroes was good, but it got extremely repetitive to beat. You had to play the same game 4 times in a row to get the last story, pretty lame. The controls could of been much better too, but I guess it was pretty good. I still think Sonic Unleashed is a great game, easily the best 3D Sonic game so far. :(

That would have worked amazingly well, actually - just super-imposed his Flash avatar onto everything he was in. They missed a perfect idea!

edit - Hmm, I take a bit of it back. I quite like the Yahtzee bit where he's talking about point-and-click games.

Him on his own talking point-and-clicks is the best bit of the pilot. It could actually stand up as something I'd watch.

The rest...

Well, I didn't laugh, and I ended up watching a snippet from the terminally unfunny Unskippable at the end. I'm in a terrible mood now!

Is Saints Row 2 worth picking up then? The 5 minutes I've played of GTA4 put me to sleep, and I loved Crackdown before the disc stopped working.

Well, I didn't laugh, and I ended up watching a snippet from the terminally unfunny Unskippable at the end. I'm in a terrible mood now!

Is Saints Row 2 worth picking up then? The 5 minutes I've played of GTA4 put me to sleep, and I loved Crackdown before the disc stopped working.

Saint's Row 2 is brilliant.

and I didn't really like the original or have much interest in it. Bought it on a whim and it's easily one of the best game to come out this year.

I have ALWAYS taken Zero Punctuation with a pinch of salt. In no way is his opinions or reviews to be taken seriously.

I mainly watch it because it's often actaully funny. But i'm REALLY begining to find Yahtzee's CONSTANT cynicism and jaded attitude quite fatiguing.

He such a miserablist and obviously really should stop playing games.

Why should he stop playing/reviewing games when he makes people laugh?

Some areas of the gaming industry have begun to display advanced symptoms of "taking themselves too seriously" and the other thing which fame and fortune brings which is - of course - that no-one every tells you you're shit.

Even that model of coolness - George Clooney - when a reviewer told him one of his films was boring, was so amazed that he threw his cool out of the window for a moment and made himself look an arse - that's what happens when you're surrounded by people who never say a bad word about you y'see...

I doubt 1000 Yahtzees could avert the grim ending of the "fecal waterslide" that most big budget games seem trapped on but anything which draws attention to the lack of clothing displayed by many games - in the face of countless claims that it's the latest fashion - is a good thing IMO

and if Saints Row 2 has half of the 'sheer fun' which pervaded GTA upto Vice City but which was then wrenched from it to be replaced with grim tedium and misplaced grey-brown-ness - I'll have 2 of them please :(