2000AD & The Meg

Stilly

I think my key points for any digital subscription would be

1. Easy. One click to download my latest comic.

2. Up to date. No holding back issues for a week. That's a deal breaker for me.

3. Choice of reader. I like that you currently sell in PDF and CBZ. Rather than just focus on iOS devices please keep straight downloading to PC as an option. That way if you guys end up making a rubbish reader app we're not stuck and our collection isn't stuck in the cloud if we don't want it to be. :)

Oh yeah. While you're talking to the big nobs don't forget.

Zenith trades. Someone make nice with Grant and get it sorted. :) It should be brought up in every single meeting at Tharg Towers. It would be easier if Mek-Quake was real.

Late to the party, but I'll chip in any way.

Like Flub I want a digital subscription that downloads to my Ipad like a podcast. The issues out and it appears on my Ipad, like magic. Plus a way to archive them when I run out of space. I'm not overly concerned if it's a week or so behind the paper version.

A way to buy back issues via the same app. I mean the proper old ones. There are torrents with every issue already scanned. Nick their (stolen) work, tidy it up and flog it on if you have to. Plus options to get the TPB via the same method - the Dredd collections would be great. You could put commentaries onto the old issues to highlight points of interest.

Make the pricing sensible. If I'm not getting a physical product, I expect to pay a significant amount less. Don't try and scalp me by not passing the cost of not printing it on to me. Perhaps an additional discount if you subscribe to 2000AD and the Meg at the same time? Perhaps push a trial copy of the meg to normal subscribers to get them to read it permanently? You could get the 2000AD Big finish audio stories via the same method - make the app a portal for all 2000AD tat. Sorry, merchandise.

Say chaps, just as a quick question: if you do buy the Prog and the Meg online, where do you get it? Also, where would you like to see it? I work for/with 2000 AD and we're pretty much planning on getting the product out there as much as we can, so if you have any thoughts let me know!

Additionally, if you have any comments or questions then feel free to ask and I will see if I can pick Tharg and the crew's brains :)

Thats odd, I was talking about this the other day. Was wondering if we could get it on Xbox Live, something like 400 pts for a months collated issues.

I imagine there is some microsoft reason as to to why there is no comic reader service on live.

I get the Clickwheel digital sub, and like the others I want it straight to my iPad. I have to download it, put it in my comics folder on my PC, sync my iPad and upload it to comiczeal.

Even if I could download it straight to the iPad via the clickwheel website would be better, but a 2000ad app, with downloadable Progs and Megs, maybe digital bonuses like the unlettered cover etc would be nice.

P.S. Ask Tharg if he got my Dredd art sample I sent in last year, it was awesome. And if I can have a job.

Agree totally with the digital copies needing to be released concurrently with the paper copies.

Look at it this way: the scans are going to be out there almost immediately anyway. If you don't put your own digital copy out there, a large portion of the target audience is just going to downloas it for free before you get a chance to sell it to them for a fair price.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't wait, The opening panesl with the last man in england being hung,the images of his lack of remorse, (spitting at the preist) and the memories of how horrible he had

been and how messed up his life was circling him as he was hanging to death blew my mind when I was a kid reading them. They made me realise comics could really have some depth to them.

mazeworld is from the era of 2000ad i grew up with and i really dont understand the bad rep it gets. there were some amazing stories back then. Plus there was a classic 2000ad mag around the same time that no longer exists so I still grew up reading things like chopper and ABC warriors. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read 2000AD in years but over the last few weeks I've been listening to the 2000AD audio-dramas and they're really good. Great voice acting (the guy doing Dredd is especially good), nice stories, excellent sound effects and a nice line of humour. Very entertaining and they clock in at around 45 minutes long for each story.

• 1 month later...

Best 2000AD covers? I've been taking a browse through this site...

McCarthy5.jpg

225-1.jpg

262-1.jpg

And a special place in my heart, first one I ever bought, from a service station near Newcastle. 12 years old, I had no idea what 2000AD was, had never seen it before, just wanted a comic to read... mind was truly blown for the rest of the coach journey. :wub:

482-1.jpg

I remember all of those covers :wub: :wub: :wub:

I've finally given in to temptation and started buying the Judge Dredd: Complete Case Files. Mrs Stilly has bought volume 1 and keeping it for me until Christmas, and so far I've ordered/bought volumes 6 - 18!

DROKKING DREDDTASTIC :omg:

So when am I going to be able to buy my issues on the correct day on my iPad?

Story wise I'm really enjoying stuff at the moment. Dirty Frank was superb. I have no idea what the hell is going on in Indigo Prime but it's great stuff. Good Dredd tale but it seems to have been going on for an ice age now.

I haven't read 2000AD in years but over the last few weeks I've been listening to the 2000AD audio-dramas and they're really good. Great voice acting (the guy doing Dredd is especially good), nice stories, excellent sound effects and a nice line of humour. Very entertaining and they clock in at around 45 minutes long for each story.

I only noticed that Simon Pegg does the voice of Johnny Alpha in the Strontium Dog stories.

I'm glad Indigo Prime has finished, and wasn't all that interested in Agent Zero. The current Dredd saga is dragging out too. Still, Prog 2012 next week!

Bought Mazeworld graphic novel recently and loving the story all over again! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled into a small basement shop in London years ago which was selling original 2000AD artwork petty cheaply. IPC must have been having a clear-out.

I picked up a Berlandinelli page from Ace Trucking Co. for about a fiver, the one where Ace first meets the pirate fella and has his point cut off. Wish I'd bought a few more.

Wonder what I did with it?

My parents had their house re-wired last week and the place got turned upside down. Went into the spare bedroom after lunch today and there was my long, long lost Berlandinelli page, totally unharmed and framed up. It had been at the back of a cupboard for the past 15 years.

A real Christmas miracle!

photo-4.jpg

Oh, we're definitely looking into the iPhone app thing too :), through various different things. You're certainly right in that there's potentially a good market, and it's one we're hopefully going to be tapping into at some stage very soon!

Apologies if these answers are a little vague at the moment; it's all a bit of an ongoing process! Exciting times though :).

I'd be really interested in a digital version of 2000ad. I got an iPad 2 as a surprise Christmas present and the comic readers on it have blown me away - I have started reading the Batman reboots on ComiXology and absolutely love the way you can get the newest episodes, find new things to read and view each story frame by frame. I subscribed to 2000ad in December and have no qualms about reading the print version if need be but if I was offered the chance to migrate my subscription to one I could receive and read on my iPad then I would do it in a heartbeat. I do love receiving a new prog in the post and the feeling of flicking through the pages is still a very premium and enjoyable experience, but a digital option would also be great. I downloaded prog 2012 through click wheel (viewed in iBooks) and the experience didn't match either the paper version or what I had experienced through my iPad for other comics.

So, I'm not so much of a snob that I would abandon the comic because I couldn't get a decent downloadable version (and I've subscribed so I can't :lol:) but I do wish that I could get it direct to my iPad, without downloading on my laptops and having to sync it to a (paid for) app. Surely it would also help you in the global market? I don't know enough about the subject to realise if you have tried a global deal with an existing platform that ended up with you getting shafted, but I hope you can get a solution sorted soon. Free digital downloads for existing physical prog subscribers would be great too :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...