IGNORED

Everybody's Golf Clubhouse

tyler

Good write up tyler and well played.

After a good start it all went bad. Can't believe I found the water twice, although it wouldn't have made any difference in the end.

Definately up for more but agreed with saving this course.

Just can't seem to get under par for 18 holes, 9 holes is no problem.

Good game overall people, cheers.

That one hole was crazy guage, I think it was during the hurricane & downpoar wasn't it?

that was it. i dont quite get what happened there. i've been into training mode and tried to recreate it. but i can always make it over the water from the drop position with rain and fast wind in my face now... but it just wouldnt work in that match. really weird.

agreed we'll have to do some other courses soon. i dont think i've played the safari or silver peaks ones online yet.

After a good start it all went bad. Can't believe I found the water twice, although it wouldn't have made any difference in the end.

I was in the water twice in the first round (and O.B. once aswell) but I'm fairly sure I didn't bogey today. I hadn't noticed at the time but I think I got 12 Pars and 6 birdies.

Safari would be a good course for next weeks match.

Cheers, it really was brilliant stuff. You're so consistent that I knew I had to make birdies. Before we started I had it in my head that I might have to shoot as low as -7. My best was -2 but I hadn't played much except for rushing the single player. My record on MNG5 was -11 but that's with advanced characters. Today is probably my best ever round on that course except for wasting almost every par 5 by being too gung-ho.

Congrats dude. It was an excellent round from the off, and well done to everyone who took part.

Spleen and shoinan weren't out of it early on either, do you guys remember how close you were? I knew shoinan was starting from the same spot as me and Spleen one back. You seemed to stay par/+1 when I went to -3 early. Good scores for 36H on The Crown Links though.

Yeah it all went pear shaped after a couple of double bogeys on the opening 9. After that it was a real fight just to get to a score close to par. Pleased with 4th, but dissapointed I couldn't make more of a good position from the 1st round.

Exactly how do you get such a thing?

Hit the flag while using super backspin. super back spin is forward on the d pad on the back stroke, back on the d pad on the downward stroke. then you have to also make a perfect contact to enable the super spin, a less than perfect contact will default to normal spin.

I got your message on Saturday, I did reply but I think you had went offline by then. Join us for a game this week sometime. we all meet in Blueflower room 3.

Was loads of fun, even with both of my rounds falling apart a little in the middle.

Looking forward to polishing my skills (and consistency) for future tournaments, and hopefully some more casual play sometime if people are in the lobby.

Hit the flag while using super backspin. super back spin is forward on the d pad on the back stroke, back on the d pad on the downward stroke. then you have to also make a perfect contact to enable the super spin, a less than perfect contact will default to normal spin.

I got your message on Saturday, I did reply but I think you had went offline by then. Join us for a game this week sometime. we all meet in Blueflower room 3.

Cool. I'll drop in. Do i have to unlock everything to be able to play online?

Cool. I'll drop in. Do i have to unlock everything to be able to play online?

No, but the set of courses you can play online is the set you've unlocked offline. Most online stuff with randoms is the first couple of courses anyway.

How often do you guys get a perfect impact? I very rarely mistime the shot to the degree it hooks or slices at all, but my average percentage of perfect impacts is only somewhere between 30-40% I think. So despite playing the PSP version enough to 'complete' it I've never done a homing/rising/spiral shot, the rarity of a pin hit and a super spin shot for me has kept it from happening. And I look no more likely to do it on PS3 either.

40% for me as well.

I think you also need to hit the flag quite hard for it to kick in. I have started playing for it more now, as if you are chipping you can, I assume, hit a bit harder and be more direct missing out on the run of the green, if you apply spin. Of course the risk id there if you dont make that perfect contact.

I have managed a rising and homing shot, not done a spiral yet.

So anyone fancy some holes tonight, again will be a fairly easy course due to my slow slow unlocking ability.

Also does anyone have a place online that lists all the shot types? I've unlocked homing shots but have no idea what that actually means let along how to do them!

I think mine's around 40% aswell. A Spiral shot got me the poncho my little avatar wears I think.

I started yesterdays round with two rising shots in the first 4 holes. I never aim to hit the pin in the air though, too risky but I hit shorter chips a little harder and still read the green so the ball runs into it.

I'd say I have 20+ Rising, 1 Spiral (only tried it to get the unlock) and no homing shots yet on EG5 but I have hit the pin with super backspin, it's just a more inconsistent shot.

Also does anyone have a place online that lists all the shot types? I've unlocked homing shots but have no idea what that actually means let along how to do them!
Homing is hitting the pin with super-backspin, Spiral is super-side spin and Rising is super-topspin.

That's it really.

So anyone fancy some holes tonight, again will be a fairly easy course due to my slow slow unlocking ability.

Which do you have unlocked so far?

I'll be on after 9 tonight, don't mind which course.