Everybody's Golf Clubhouse

tyler

Good games as always.. that elusive win will arrive one day I'm sure :)

Getting a nice little regular crowd, havent enjoyed a game as much online in ages!

Spleen sorry you missed the games just got unlucky with your timings.

A nice quick game. Apologies if it was a bit fast guage!

no probs, i totally messed up in a bunker, took about three shots and it kept rolling back in.

good games again though.

i really cant believe how consistently i can miss by a tiny fraction.

i do balls it up on my own quite often, but so very many times i end up just a few centimeters off.

Great games and shows how much practise I need! I also need to get a keyboard of some description, preferably wireless. Anyone using one they can recommend? My ps3 is miles away from where I sit so a wired one is a no no really.

Cheers!

I've bought one of these: Amazon

41nrMxz9ntL._SS400_.jpg

Had it a couple of weeks now and it works really well. I wanted a Bluetooth (frees up a USB) keyboard with a touchpad (eliminates need for a mouse) that works for both the PS3 and my laptop. Expensive but I love it. There is a cheaper version but I was put off by the comments about flimsily made.

Guys, I just thought of this last night in bed (oo er), although I see Beertiger has mentioned he did it with his mate, so it looks like I am stealing his idea.

But do we all have a 360 that is in the same room as your PS3? If so we can voice chat on 360 while playing golf, YAY! Not sure how many people you can invite to a private chat, but we could all just meet in a private lobbey of Halo/COD or some other game we all have.

What do we think?

Yeah you can use anything.

360 is a better idea. Forgot it's all wireless so the 360 doesn't even need to be in the same room. I've walked all around my house chatting to someone and it hasn't dropped.

Yeah you can use anything.

360 is a better idea. Forgot it's all wireless so the 360 doesn't even need to be in the same room. I've walked all around my house chatting to someone and it hasn't dropped.

Oh yeah, good point, it does have a pretty good range. At least next gam we should be able to get most of us chatting.

I've bought one of these: Amazon

41nrMxz9ntL._SS400_.jpg

Had it a couple of weeks now and it works really well. I wanted a Bluetooth (frees up a USB) keyboard with a touchpad (eliminates need for a mouse) that works for both the PS3 and my laptop. Expensive but I love it. There is a cheaper version but I was put off by the comments about flimsily made.

That is one seriously nice keyboard. Although I honestly can't justify the price for use in one game. I think Soongs £17.99 jobby will do just fine for what I want. But god that one is tempting.

I can't set up my xbox at the same time either for voice chat. It is too much messing around sadly.

well I prob wont be around until Sunday now. As there are lots of us now with the game I would imagine the regular Sunday 18 hole game might be quite popular.

As such I am gonna get in early and set one up. I suggest we tee off at 7pm, and aim to play course 3 (European). So if you put your name down for this one then please have it unlocked by then.

1) Syntax (Heen_Dog)

2) U1 (Yewone)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

:)

How much work is it to unlock this course? I am only 2 challenges in on the Highland CC, loving the game and up for tourneys but i don't seem to have the time to unlock stuff :)

Will probably take about 2/3 hours of single player. Just play all the 9 hole challenges until the character versus game appears, do that then move onto th next tier, rinse and repeat.

Dont worry, we will prob play an earlier course as well so we can keep you in mind.

Its defo worth putting insome single player though to do the unlocks

That is one seriously nice keyboard. Although I honestly can't justify the price for use in one game. I think Soongs £17.99 jobby will do just fine for what I want. But god that one is tempting.

I can't set up my xbox at the same time either for voice chat. It is too much messing around sadly.

Yeah, it's meant to be real good, a few people here have it. The other main reason I got it is for the portability of it. I'm hoping it works on my phone as well as the PS3. Battery life is meant to be really good too.

Will probably take about 2/3 hours of single player. Just play all the 9 hole challenges until the character versus game appears, do that then move onto th next tier, rinse and repeat.

Dont worry, we will prob play an earlier course as well so we can keep you in mind.

Its defo worth putting insome single player though to do the unlocks

Excellent. Thanks.

Sunday 7pm, and aim to play course 3 (European). So if you put your name down for this one then please have it unlocked by then.

I'm in brutha.

1) Syntax (Hean_Dog)

2) U1 (Yewone)

3) tyler (seveNLayers)

4)

5)

6)

7)

^_^

The XBL thing is a good idea and it doesn't stop us typing to those without a 360 (or the chosen game). Private chat is still 1on1 though isn't it? I don't have CoD4 so Halo 3 is probably the most likely or maybe an XBLA game? Did everyone get Texas Hold 'Em free? Timers might scupper that last one though. Or how about Halo 2?

edit: I've just remembered I have the problem of not getting sound from either the 360 or PS3 when both are plugged in, never mind both switched on. They share the same audio input on my TV via a splitter. It's not too much bother to unplug the 360 audio but it's not that simple either (wall mounted TV makes it quite an adventure). Is it possible everyone still has Halo 2? It would be cheaper for people to pick up if they don't have Halo 3 and want to join in aswell. Obviously people can still use their 360 this way aswell.

Everyone's welcome.

If we end up with more players than usual and can fill a couple of rooms then we could run a little competition. Two rooms of 8/7/6 and the top finishers go through to play in a second, deciding round. Losers could drown their sorrows in the bar or fight amongst themselves for a wooden spoon.

As another option we could book ahead (12hours ahead is possible) Saturday morning/afternoon for a 7pm GF tournament and all play in that. You can filter friends with SQUARE in tournament lobbies so it would be just like a private game in terms of chat.

What say you?

Everyone's welcome.

If we end up with more players than usual and can fill a couple of rooms then we could run a little competition. Two rooms of 8/7/6 and the top finishers go through to play in a second, deciding round. Losers could drown their sorrows in the bar or fight amongst themselves for a wooden spoon.

As another option we could book ahead (12hours ahead is possible) Saturday morning/afternoon for a 7pm GF tournament and all play in that. You can filter friends with SQUARE in tournament lobbies so it would be just like a private game in terms of chat.

What say you?

Yeah, Im easy, try and accomodate as many people as possible.

I still have Halo2.

Remember you dont need the sound from your 360 Tyler, cant you just pull the optical cable/HDMI cable from the back of your 360 rather than the TV? You only need the sound from the headset which will work even if its not hooked up to a TV. I guess you just need to see it on a TV until you get into the lobby of whatever game we deem best suited.

Remember you dont need the sound from your 360 Tyler, cant you just pull the optical cable/HDMI cable from the back of your 360 rather than the TV? You only need the sound from the headset which will work even if its not hooked up to a TV. I guess you just need to see it on a TV until you get into the lobby of whatever game we deem best suited.

Good point, it's VGA. I remember hearing of the 360 resetting itself when that happens but we'll see. Even if we all agree on 360 then Halo 2 might be more widely available anyway.

Who do we have for voice so far? Just me, you and U-1?

Good point, it's VGA. I remember hearing of the 360 resetting itself when that happens but we'll see. Even if we all agree on 360 then Halo 2 might be more widely available anyway.

Who do we have for voice so far? Just me, you and U-1?

VGA? But you cant get soun through VGA, so you would be pulling out the optical cable, and that wouldnt reset the 360.

Looks like just us just now, but I cant believe we are the only ones with both consoles.

Please add me as a provisional entrant if I can get the course unlocked on time!

(but if there's lots of demand I don't mind sitting out, I find it hard to guarantee I'll be able to get online but I'll do my bestest)

Thats what I am saying, pull them out at the 360 side, you can leave the TV side plugged in.

I see what you mean now but the VGA sound leads are actually up behind the TV. They come off the VGA lead near that end rather than the 360 end. There's no adapter like with HDMI.