Everybody's Golf Clubhouse

tyler

So online everyone takes their shot simultaneously? It's not gentlemanly like, and you all stand back and watch the others take their turn? Like I imagined it to be.

The jap version was eventually patched to allow that sort of play with up to 4 players (while waiting for people to take a shot you could watch from their point of view, seeing all the bars and stuff, or just go for a walk with your character across the course and watch from that vantage point). Hopefully the PAL version will be patched soon.

i wasnt sure what was going on after the first game. i tried to join what i thought was the one, but it wouldnt let me in even though it said ok to jump in.

anyway, the 18 hole was good. i was doing great until i landed it in the water.

i also managed to hit the pin with super backspin on too. and was expecting some cool homing action, but it just dropped down about 1 cm away from the hole instead.

not sure if i do have the third course unlocked or not now. i assumed that as soon as you played on it that was it. but i think somebody mentioned winning a ticket or something?

really need to drag out an old keyboard and see if it works too.

oh well, good game.

:lol:

If memory serves correct super topspin on the PSP would climb the flag pole if it hit it then drop into the cup. I have never seen that in the PS3 version, but I just levelled up there and the text said rising and homing shots now legal? Tyler do you know the score with this? In the Jap version I had no idea your abilities increased other than being able to hit the ball further.

The jap version was eventually patched to allow that sort of play with up to 4 players (while waiting for people to take a shot you could watch from their point of view, seeing all the bars and stuff, or just go for a walk with your character across the course and watch from that vantage point). Hopefully the PAL version will be patched soon.

That sounds good.

Only played online once so far, but I'll be up for some games. Not played it too much since I got it, so only got a few characters so far and a couple of courses.

I have never seen that in the PS3 version, but I just levelled up there and the text said rising and homing shots now legal? Tyler do you know the score with this? In the Jap version I had no idea your abilities increased other than being able to hit the ball further.

I'm sure I've posted this a few times in the the discussion thread:

Homing: Activates when super backspin hits the pin. Loyalty level 4/5 required.

Rising: Activates when super top-spin hits the pin. Loyalty level 4/5 required.

Spiral: Activates when super side-spin hits the pin. Loyalty level 10 required.

me too.

i've definately got the first three courses now.

although playing the european one has messed up my judgement of the first two easier course's greens a bit.

i might not stay too long if we're starting later though.

me too.

i've definately got the first three courses now.

although playing the european one has messed up my judgement of the first two easier course's greens a bit.

i might not stay too long if we're starting later though.

My putting is shocking - let's stick with the easy greens. :D

Okinawa Resort - 18H

tyler -12 3620 (N)

Syntax -6 2875 (N)

ryanski -5 2850 (N)

U-1 -5 2780 (N)

Scratch -2 2420 (N)

guage +6 1750 (I)

Syntax with a late surge but I was long gone...

It was also darn windy.

Highland C.C - 18H

tyler -19 4580 (N)

Scratch -12 3876 (N)

U-1 -11 3589 (N)

ryanski -11 3480 (N)

Syntax -6 2910 (N)

guage -5 2760 (N)

Everyone had a pretty good game in this one. Scratch surprised himself.

-20 next...

I lost a couple the first day we all played the PAL version. I'm by no means unbeatable. I just have that sowed into your head...

Normally I'd struggle more with the first course in terms of slipping up but everything just went right today.

great games, and -19 is an amazing score.

my first was pretty rubish, although i did manage a lovely save with fernando. using super top spin to bounce the ball off the water.

the second could have been so much better.

one hole i managed to land the ball right next to a wall, so had to play a short shot back onto the fairway, then ended up in the bunker and had about 15 seconds to get it on the green and in. so i was very close to being withdrawn there. then later i hit a ball towards one of the buildings, somehow it managed to bounce along the concrete and down a bunch of stairs close to the green.

and then on a a par 3 i finished just a few centimeters short of getting a hole in one.

i just need to be a bit more consistent. so many of my puts end very close.

The thing is with this game, the minute you think you have it sussed something happens that makes you reavaluate everything you thought you knew.

I dunno if its my imagination (it must be) but I dont seem to be gaining as much yardage as I used to in the Jap version when playing to pin below my playing position, hence not needin to drop as many (if any clubs). I think I need to hit the training course and sort out a few things.

That last game though was comedy of errors. I was hitting trees that I thought I was steering clear of, failing to clear the water (bloody wind), and sending my ball spinning round for a backdoor shot, only for it to pop back out again. Its these things that can be the difference between a decent score and a shit score.

thats why we love it though!

Strangely, I was missing a lot more medium length putts with the switch to EG5 but I'm sure it was just psychological and I seem to have stopped the rot.

I can't wait until we've all unlocked the Crown Links course.

Cheers for all coming back out and changing the settings for that second round :)

Don't know what happened there - everything went right with my putting for a change (and still Tyler romps away with it :) )

I've done far too much of this since the weekend - when I shut my eyes to try and get to sleep last night all I could see was golf balls flying.... :)

I'll be on again later tonight, I need to do some single player though to get some more stuff opened up.

Anybody around now who fancies a game?

I'm in the usual lobby.

Tempted but I really think I need a night off tonight.

Will definitely be up for a few rounds tomorrow though

I also need to find time for the single player and get unlocking some more courses

Tempted but I really think I need a night off tonight.

Will definitely be up for a few rounds tomorrow though

I also need to find time for the single player and get unlocking some more courses

That ok.

Did a couple of tounaments and came third twice.

Even moved up to G2 level.

Had a few goes on single player and have now opened up all of the intermediate golfers.

Next step is the Crown Links course. :(:D:P

The quickest way is to just play 9H events and play the VS Match as soon as it unlocks, moving on to the next tier. You should have the Euro course in less than an hour I'd say.

I don't expect people to have it unlocked yet though. I'm more than happy to stick with the first two courses for now. Just getting an idea of peoples progress.

1. tyler (Euro Ja)

2. Syntax (Euro Ja)

3. MikeP (Euro Ja)

4. Scratch (Euro Nein)

Even moved up to G2 level.

Good stuff, we'll have to get some G2s played. Are you around tonight? It's a shame the last couple of times you've turned up just as we're all signing off.

For people with less 1337 gaming skillz than Tyler I would adjust that 1 hour approximation to a more realistic 2 or 3 hours.

Really? Maybe I was losing track of time. In between online games I was cracking out 9H events in about 6mins the other day. Who's hot for me?

1. tyler (Euro, Ja)

2. Syntax (Euro, Ja)

3. MikeP (Euro, Ja)

4. Scratch (Euro, Nein)

5. U-1 (Euro, Bumsen weib)