IGNORED

Achievements And Gamerpoints.

Blue

Well I've clocked it on the normal difficulty setting and the temptation of going through it again and racking up some more points appeals to me. Playing through it again without the points wouldn't be as much fun as I won't have anything to keep drawing me back (it's not like the story can do that as it's wank).

I don't understand. How are points fun? They're just numbers.

I don't understand. How are points fun? They're just numbers.

But they're your own personal numbers. :D

Don't you get any satisfaction at all when that little "achievement unlocked" thingy comes up?

I don't mind achievements, but things like GTA and Ratchet & Clank have had hidden achievements in game for years, and I'm not convinced that making them mandatory is a good idea because some games don't have sensible tasks to associate them with.

Achievements are integral to my gaming experience on the 360. I love playing through or revisiting games to up my Gamerscore. It's probably more competitive with me as my work colleagues have 360s and it's a constant battle to keep my score above theirs!!

Yeah, it's a nice bonus. I wouldn't play something that wasn't fun just to get it, though.

It encourages you to do things that you wouldn't usually do which in all probability (if you like the game in the first place) will cause you to have more fun and get more enjoyment out of your purchase. A basic example, as already stated, would be playing on a higher (or the hardest) difficulty.

It encourages you to do things that you wouldn't usually do which in all probability (if you like the game in the first place) will cause you to have more fun and get more enjoyment out of your purchase. A basic example, as already stated, would be playing on a higher (or the hardest) difficulty.

I know and I agree; I just don't understand comments like this: "Playing through it again without the points wouldn't be as much fun as I won't have anything to keep drawing me back"