rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
chalkitdown

Californication

I liked this series a lot more than last season, which was just hanks spirit walk through shit to just come to the same conclusion he always comes to at the end of each season. At least in this season we had Heather Graham to look at (I have a major weakness for her) and I really liked Levon.

Still, nowhere near enough boobs.

I'm glad it's finished, though. No need to keep treading over old ground and the characters are not likely to ever significantly change as they have no real need to.

I also think the last episode should have had Hank smash one of the headlamps so the last shot could have been more iconic.

Never do. I mean, the Minchin season was bad, but it still had the odd bit of awesome Runkle.

It's like the writer seriously did not give a FUCK this year; it's always been a sex-obsessed show, but it generally stayed on the funny side of that shit. S7 mentions something sexual in pretty much every sentence, and the son character is the most worthless creature the show has ever spawned.

It's genuinely worse than Dexter S8 - and I never thought I'd say that about anything.

Fucking Showtime.

• Upvote 1

Credit where it's due: S7 was a big step-up - but every cool thing they could've led into with S8 from there was completely abandoned, in favour of some seriously horrible shit nobody ever wanted.

Bump. Taken me this long to get round to watching it but compared to last season it was a big improvement. Don't think they could have ended any other way although quite why he left that car with the door open at the end.