rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Peter

"Chuck". New US spy/action comedy TV show.

I hadn't heard anything about this new NBC show but I downloaded and watched the leaked pilot episode this morning and really enjoyed it.

The show, staring Zachary Levi as the Chuck Taylor's wearing title character, Adam Baldwin (Firefly), Sarah Lancaster (What about Brian) & Yvonne Strzechowski is about a mid 20's computer salesman who gets the combined secrets of the American FBI, CIA and NSA 'downloaded' into his brain by an email sent to him by his former college roommate turned secret agent, just before he gets shot.

The pilot set's up his family (Chuck lives with his sister and her boyfriend), his best friend and co-workers at 'Buy More' / 'Nerd Herd' and the two agents (Baldwin and Strzechowski) he will be working with.

I'm not sure how the series is going to play out but the pilot was quite funny with some geek references and had some very nice action scenes. I'll definitely will be giving this one a shot.

Oh come on, Fastlane was quite funny. And now you mention it, it has the same sort of vibe to it, combined with a late 20's version of Seth Cohen from the O.C.

He is only Executive Producer, so he doesn't necessarily actually do anything at all.

He doesn't necessarily actually do anything at all when he's directing either and he still screws that up.

Just watched ep 5 of this. I don't know whether it's that McG doesn't have much involvement in this, or whether he's finally found some kind of "talent", but this is really, really good. The guy playing Chuck is great. Never seen him in anything before this. Great comedic timing. Adam Balwin is awesome too, as he always is. Also, Masuka from Dexter!

I hope it doesn't get cancelled. :P

When I read up on what this show was about I thought it was just going to be Jake 2.0 with a new name, its nothing like that, the main difference between them is that its actually good, Baldwin fits the role of government agent perfectly, and I loved the pilot episode ninja sequence with the computer. I keep going back just to watch that little clip after having seen it loads.

Its been added to D-Day (download day/Tuesday) alongside Aliens in America and Californication.

No Weeds? :P

You disappoint me, Carpy.

I only mentioned shows which started their first season this year, if I had included all shows downloaded on a Tuesday...it still wouldn't have included Weeds, I did listen to your mention of Californication and thats fucking amazing, so maybe I'll get round to obtaining the first series of Weeds.

McG is one of the producers on Supernatural, and that's awesome.

do you know I honestly thought I was the only one on this forum still watching, after a V average start to the first season IMO its just got better and better. Last weeks episode with the rabbits foot was really funny.

Oh and please everyone watch Life its far better than Chuck.

do you know I honestly thought I was the only one on this forum still watching, after a V average start to the first season IMO its just got better and better. Last weeks episode with the rabbits foot was really funny.

Oh and please everyone watch Life its far better than Chuck.

Hey I too am I fan of the comical misadventures of the Super Winchester Bros. The end of last season was just jaw dropping plus they always make excellent use of rock music in there "then" section. Probably the only flashback scenes I look forward to.

Haven't started watching Life yet, looks interesting though.

Yeah I've found it a great charming show (and correct computer game references help too.) I think when the writers strike starts to bite this might be the show I miss the most. A full 24/26 episode season would be have great.

In this weeks episode I'm sure one of the customers in the traditional Black Friday shopping rush was an actual zombie. Both how she looked and the way she walked and held her arms, etc. A little in-joke I assume but really easy to miss her.

Both this and Life have been renewed for another season by NBC.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/837/837675p1.html

This news makes me so very very happy. Do we know if there are going to be any more episodes of Chuck left in this first series? They have sort of left the last episode at a place where they could pick it up again in a new season (hopefully not too far in the future.)