IGNORED

Gran Turismo 5 Official Thread

Harry

Are you really that arsed if they do apply filters to the replays? Surely the important thing is how the game plays - it being a fucking game and all, not a tech-demo? It could look like GT2 for all I care, as long as it plays well, I'll play it.

It wont look like GT2, but £50 says it will play exactly the same.

I used to love GT. I remember playing GT3 every day for what seemed like months, but since then the series has just grown increasingly dull. As nice as Prologue looks, the racing just feels so robotic. Compared to Forza 2 it feels so dated, and Prologue even suffers from pretty terrible slowdown more often than I'd like. I know it's just a teaser for what's coming in GT5, but other than the online nothing much seems to have changed. Races in Forza 2 are genuinely exciting whereas in Prologue I might as well just be doing time trials. The way you seem to bounce off cars looks plain wrong on what is supposedly the most advanced console on the market. At £20 it's not bad, but I'm hoping when we finally get GT5 it'll be more than just extra tracks and cars.

If that's the case they'd better get online service up and running pretty damn quick, i haven't played GT since 2. I am surprised and a bit disappointed that they've not managed to include damage by now. Codemasters have been able to from the TOCA series. (I realise that CM did not have cars to collect/unlock, but you could not hit a wall at 100 plus mph and not suffer car performance)

I for one would gladly have accepted this at 720p as I doubt that many gamers have access to a 1080p anyway; if it meant that we had car damage / impaired car performance.

I am still looking forward to playing it this week mind... :wub:

For me it's not the racing that's beginning to grate, it's the lack of any sort of point to what you're doing. Forza is the same, of course, but it doesn't annoy me as much as GT. Probably coz it's not quite as uber-serious. Going from menu screen to track to earn a few beans to upgrade the car, then back to the menu with no story or anything is getting dull for me in GT.

Seeing the driver walk round teh car in the garage provides a bit more of a connection, but I'd still like stuff like proper race weekends or a calendar system like in Sega Rally 2006.

nah

GT has yet to make any significant change since the first sequel. Although I did like how he used the other cars to get round the corners on that F40 video.

What, so you think GT5 Prologue plays the same as Gran Turismo 2? I'm sorry but no, just no.

I have played GT2 recently, on my PSP albeit and it's much different.

If you were to compare GT4 to GT5 Prologue then you'd have an argument but comeon, are you actually saying a PS1 game plays the same as a PS3 one!? :wub:

Oh & while I'm here, I thought I'd throw in my opinion that I think GT5 will have a big overhaul on environments & sounds with only the car graphics remaining... But with DAMAGE! :D

I think too many people here are forgetting this isn't even a full game.

It is a boxed product for sale on shop shelves. It deserves to be judged as a complete game without any excuses.

Yeah, that has the price tag of half of what a new released game costs. :wub:

It is a trial of a game to come out next year, nothing more, nothing less.

And the driving mechanics are there in the demo. There are also plenty of demos for different games which feature an online mode to try as well...

Don't really see where you're coming from.

Because you and others are trying to deflect any critisism of it by saying that it is not a full game. It has enough content to be appraised like any other game.

Hmm, the TV ad and that F40 cockpit video (the in car visuals look gorgeous, and in car is how I like to play) are really tempting me to fetch a PS3. I guess I'll wait for the full GT5.

I just wish the dualshock pad didn't give me cronic pains in my thumbs :s

Because you and others are trying to deflect any critisism of it by saying that it is not a full game. It has enough content to be appraised like any other game.

So if GT5 Prologue is a full game, what will GT5 be, an add-on?

Test Drive Unlimited couldn't get the handling right either, but it did nail the sound. It's got pretty much the best engine noises in a non-modified game; well, I'll never forget GP Legends. The bikes are brilliant; I'm always slowing down to be able to accelerate again.

It baffles me how they have made GT5p sound so bad. The GT:HD demo sounded awful and they said that they just added sound from old games in and it wasn't how it would be. Then the GT5p demo came out and sounded awful and again it was demo sound. now GT5p is out and it sounds just as awful. Have they even driven a car as they don't squeal around every corner like that and the engines don't sound like that either FFS.

Personally i find that it looks pretty decent but sounds and plays like an utter dog and it seems like the physics engine is the same as the GT games on psx/ps2. What really pisses me off is i am going to buy it, hate it and whine about it on here and there is NOTHING i can do to stop this ^_^

I think the impending prologue has weakened me. Might have to pick up a PS3 next week for a GT fix. I wasn't interested until I saw the F1 car and then started watching some videos. Some of them appear to show a lack of speed but it does look lovely and I do need a driving game shot.

(And can't help fancying some PixelJunk as well as PlayTV sometimes).

It wont look like GT2, but £50 says it will play exactly the same.

I'm getting the impression they could turn it into a platformer starring the Energizer bunny and you'd still claim this.

Test Drive Unlimited couldn't get the handling right either, but it did nail the sound. It's got pretty much the best engine noises in a non-modified game; well, I'll never forget GP Legends. The bikes are brilliant; I'm always slowing down to be able to accelerate again.

With the aids off TDU really wasn't bad at all. It wasn't a sim but it did a pretty good job of giving the impression of driving godness, the tail could be thrown out under acceleration, that kind of thing. It was close to perfect for what it was trying to be.

You're certainly right though, the sound is glorious.

Tsch! Games will never be considered as art whilst gaming's very own proponents and devotees continue to factor vulgar 'price-taggery' into the equation when considering a game's merit, be it artistic or otherwise.

Truely a black day for Rllmuk and for gaming as a whole.

;)

And I suppose I should also chuck in one of those winky smiley things about now too: ^_^