IGNORED

boot fairs 14-15 july

Fizzycat

Although the weather was poor today I managed to find a few bits.

6 Master system games, mostly complete: includes sonic 2, masters of combat, shadow of the beast, mortal kombat, 50p each but got the lot for £2

Mega drive 2 with 2 pads and four cartridge games: £4

Boxed Commodore 64 with a bunch of games and a boxed floppy drive and unboxed tape deck: £15

photos later!

So, what did you guys manage to pick up?

Nice haul there, 213. Love th Jap GB camera and printer.

Thanks - £8 the pair but mint and something to hang onto for the old personal collection. Do love a bit of gameboy stuff especially boxed B&W era.

Seriously, who sells secret of mana at a car boot?

The local Nintendo "expert" who runs around asking people as they come in if they have any "videogames and nintendo" turned it down as it was a fiver, prefering the £3 resident evil on Gamecube. I was concluding the deal for the sp at the time and then walked round to the stall, picked out the best bits (paid the £3-£5 a pop for them) and gave him his money. The expert looked at me like I was an idiot which makes a change from giving me the evils I suppose for daring to buy games at a sale he's at. I didn't feel the need to correct him on his opinion that yoshis island, secret of mana and mario kart unboxed were not worth a tenner all together, that information is on a need to know basis and frankly the competition doesn't need to know it.

Thats the thing about Nintendo at a car boot sale, everyone all of a sudden shows an interest and suddenly wants in. Their little eyes light up, every c*nts an expert where nintendo are concerned.

Oh it happens

I picked up a copy a couple of years ago for £2.

Waiting a neo geo to turn up personnally. Hell I found a Virtual boy so i've got a chance ^_^

I've seen 4 Neo geos, 2 cart systems and 2 cd systems. - I bought the naked cart system I saw for a fiver, no sticks, psu etc. The rest of it was massively overpriced except for the other cart system that to this day I still don't know what he wanted for it - I won't make an offer on something like that, and he was so vague and umming and arring I got fed up and walked off. The last Cd neo geo was funny, £150 for an admittedly mint system with 50 or so games. Nice but those games were all in a wallet and they weren't real...

The local Nintendo "expert" who runs around asking people as they come in if they have any "videogames and nintendo" turned it down as it was a fiver, prefering the £3 resident evil on Gamecube. I was concluding the deal for the sp at the time and then walked round to the stall, picked out the best bits (paid the £3-£5 a pop for them) and gave him his money. The expert looked at me like I was an idiot which makes a change from giving me the evils I suppose for daring to buy games at a sale he's at. I didn't feel the need to correct him on his opinion that yoshis island, secret of mana and mario kart unboxed were not worth a tenner all together, that information is on a need to know basis and frankly the competition doesn't need to know it.

Thats the thing about Nintendo at a car boot sale, everyone all of a sudden shows an interest and suddenly wants in. Their little eyes light up, every c*nts an expert where nintendo are concerned.

I like the sellers with the good stuff that ask £3-£5 that's still a fair price, and it means none of the pikey-traders will touch it.

Its been criminal the amount of top-notch stuff I've been getting lately that local "experts" have been leaving because its priced over £2... These so-called "experts" some of which are making a living, don't seem to know shit about anything.

Last Sunday this guy that buys and sells full-time, left behind Marvel Super Heroes on the PS1 because the seller wouldn't let him have it for £1, I waited until he had gone, and gave him the £3 asking price.

I've seen a Mana a few times at the booters, including a minty mint NTSC copy that I still have.

Last summer I saw a boxed minty mint, like you wouldn't believe - dust cover, wrappers etc, NTSC Chrono Trigger get sold for LESS than ONE English pound. I was thirty seconds too late getting to the stall. I felt like crying as the buyer was stacking up the 30 odd boxed SNES games and then handed over £18 for them AND a SNES itself.

I've seen a Mana a few times at the booters, including a minty mint NTSC copy that I still have.

Last summer I saw a boxed minty mint, like you wouldn't believe - dust cover, wrappers etc, NTSC Chrono Trigger get sold for LESS than ONE English pound. I was thirty seconds too late getting to the stall. I felt like crying as the buyer was stacking up the 30 odd boxed SNES games and then handed over £18 for them AND a SNES itself.

You're making a grown man weep.

I too have picked up Secret of mana but it wasn't at a boot, it was Gamestation £1.99. Generally I don't see anything in the slightest of that calibre at my boot.

You're making a grown man weep.

I too have picked up Secret of mana but it wasn't at a boot, it was Gamestation £1.99. Generally I don't see anything in the slightest of that calibre at my boot.

I was kinda impressed that the buyer was able to haggle the seller down from £20 for the lot to £18!! I'd have bitten his hand off to pay £20! Mind you, he was one of the local traders and I think he knew SNES stuff was worth getting but didn't have a clue about what he actually had. I saw him latter and asked he was going to sell it on, but he said he wanted to do some research on eBay fist. Hey-ho!

I've just missed a lot of great stuff over the years, but then again, I've got plenty of it as well.

A few weeks ago I was going through some of the boxes of a house clearance van and the guy in the box next to me pulled out Suikoden for the Playstation. £1!

The week before, a HUGE box of Saturn games - probably about 40 games and a boxed console and boxed Virtua Cop 2 set. I saw them sat behind a car. 'Is that for sale?' I asked, but she told me she'd already sold it. I foolishly asked how much. £10. Ack.

Them's the breaks, I guess!

I saw him latter and asked he was going to sell it on, but he said he wanted to do some research on eBay fist. Hey-ho!

Sometimes works against them round here especially when they find stuff that isn't easy to find the price of or doesn't turn up often - they will sell on, on a stall for their usual "rare" rate of a tenner - works for me when it's something like Castlevania on psone.

I always love the way the record and cd boys walk around with a permanant scowl on their faces, Jesus cheer up. if I can put that on them and attract a few dirty looks I'm doing ok. My mere presence annoys these people as they know I'm a collector and they know that I won't pay their prices which as a collector I'm supposed to want to. I won't tell them whats rare and whats not either and that really used to piss them off.

I love the way their kids all look the same, fat ginger daughters with acne always texting "friends" they'd probably rather be with and dressed like they're about to go and muck a horse out. The irony that the dvd and cd boys are the ones wearing sports and running gear despite never having done any kind of exercise shouldn't be wasted on anyone. There's one or two here that seem to wear the same clothes all the time, smelt like it when they were next to me in the post office the other week as well.

Some of what they do leave is frankly hilarious, nothing like getting motivated to get there early, get stuck in and annoying someone who views the local boot as their exclusive harvest.

If you don't get to something then so what, always another day and for what I find I should be bloody greatful, we all should.

Jesus Christ chaps, I'm jealous, I never see anything decent at the boot sales anymore. Only multiple copies of V Rally and NES games I already own.

Boot sales used to be a great place to pick up rare games around my area, but that's all but dried up now. You get all these guys that buy up all the games on the spot without even looking at the cases and putting them back out for sales hours later in their overpriced shops.

I'm just happy if I get away with anything new to play lately.

Aww man do I have some stories to tell. I have the same with traders and dealers hovering up stuff like there's no tomorrow. It gets a bit annoying as they are so intent on getting stuff they'll shove people out of the way to get to it (literally)

Its shocks me what they leave behind though. Some have wised up and go after the rareties or valuables (Final Fantasy's and other RPG's). They don't tend to touch the other electonics I go for so (digiboxes, amps, cd players, computer parts, etc), so I can casually hover up stuff at my leisure

I've picked up stuff like snatcher for the MCD for £2, Mana for £2, yoshi's island for 50p (several times), dreamcasts, saturns and games for a pittance (time and time again. They just won't touch them), seen vectrex's for less than a fiver (although I've ALWAYS just missed them)

But my pride and joy is my boxed virtual boy with 3 games for a fiver. The mum didn't know what it was and tried to sell me a negcon for another fiver. I handed over the cash and ran off like a cackling fool trying to find a pack of doubles A's