IGNORED

The Championship - Official Dressing Room

SaintM

These games were as tight as I've played all season and I had to be at my very best to get the 4 points. Always a pleasure playing against petrolgirls - I hope you're able to carry on next season in the league mate, you always represent a great challenge. I must say it was nice not to be on the receiving end of a hiding as was the case each time we played last season :)

Always good to play you too mate, I think you were rather hamstrung by your choice of team last season, Celtic wasn't it? Good games - you deserved to come out on top.

Much as I've enjoyed the league and all the hard work Mike et al puts into I'm going to hang my boots up at the end of the season - a combination of work, family and other games are going to obliterate my free time between now and xmas. I fancy I'll be back sometime in the new year to struggle up through the ranks again.

Mortis, can you play tonight at some point? If so, send me a message please :wub: If not, how about tomorrow? I need a definite date and time.

As mentioned in notes, games need to be up to date by Sunday in order to give the last week's fixtures some meaning. Penalties will be applied if managers appear to have made little or no effort.

On the website, I don't have any matches listed under "League matches to be played" but I need to play porko. Is something wrong or am I being a spanner?

Nah, it's a manual job (well, as I have to click a button) every sunday to make the new fixtures appear in the 'to be played' section.

It should be there now.

Lyon 2 - 5 PSG

PSG 3 - 3 Lyon

Same old story for Lyon. Loads of chances created, hardly any put away, and rubbish at the back. Felt I really didn't get the rub of the green today and that PES turned on me after about 30 minutes in the first game! Some awful pass selection, the goalkeeper put on rubber gloves, and things were just not going my way.

Cheers for the games Skajess and well played!

Porko's 360 has died :) What do we do now?

Amazingly, it seems to have sprung into life again! I tried putting Halo 3 more in hope than expectation yesterday and it seems to have done the trick (well for the time being at least). When's good for you then donnie?

:(

petrolgirls 4 - 0 ASM

Bit of a problem with ASMs connection dropping out, we lost each other in the 60th minute with the score at 2-0, played another 20 minutes with the score at 4-0 it dropped out again so decided to call that game a day.

ASM 0 - 5 petrolgirls

Better performance from ASM, not reflected in the score - Roma just had too much for them, pretty much everyone chipping in with a goal.

Thanks for the games mate, thoroughly enjoyable.

petrolgirls 4 - 0 ASM

Bit of a problem with ASMs connection dropping out, we lost each other in the 60th minute with the score at 2-0, played another 20 minutes with the score at 4-0 it dropped out again so decided to call that game a day.

ASM 0 - 5 petrolgirls

Better performance from ASM, not reflected in the score - Roma just had too much for them, pretty much everyone chipping in with a goal.

Thanks for the games mate, thoroughly enjoyable.

Confirmed

A well deserved six point to petrolgirls. Roma out classed Fiorentina all over the pitch. Cheers for the games.

Also played my games against Skajess

ASM FC 3 - Skajess 1

Skajess 2 - ASM FC 3

Two excellent games, I thought I had the 2nd all rapped up early on when Skajess got a man sent off and I went 3-0 up, but he really came back and made it a nail bitting finish to season.

Thats me done for season 11, luckly as my Xbox is on it's way back to Microsoft again. Got home from work tonight looking forward to a Halo3 session and I've got sound but no picture, the video outputs gone. Hopefully I will back up and running by the start of the new season.

Confirmed

I think you still need to confirm on the league website mate.

Also, played the final game of the season against Harbey:

Harbey 0 - 2 petrolgirls

Newcastle unable to capitilise on some good possession, Roma made them pay with some crisp finishing from Montella. The stats told a story (don't they always?) Newcastle had 17 shots but only 3 on target - Martins, in particular, was wasteful in front of goal.

petrolgirls 2 - 1 Harbey

Roma was extremely fortunate to get three points out of this game, Newcastle dominated proceedings and somehow contrived to miss shot after shot in front of goal. Roma somehow snuck the ball into the back of the net twice, a late strike from Owen gave Newcastle a chance of a point but time, ultimately, was against them. I really, genuinely didn't deserve anything out of that - to get all three points seemed criminal.

Anyway, thanks for the games Harbey, good to chat to you.

116.gifSaintM FC 6 - 3 scratch FC 33.gif

Forlan 3,

Forlan 11,

Riquelme 19,

Nihat 54,

Forlan 65,

Nihat 81

Home	 Away
Shots 12(9) 7(3)
Pens 0 0
FK 0 5
CK 0 2
Fouls 5(0) 0(0)
Yellow 1 0
Red 0 0
Pos 47 53

Match report:

Half of my shots were converted into goals. That’s about all I need to say about how the game was treating me.

--------------------------------------------------

33.gifscratch FC 3 - 2 SaintM FC 116.gif

Forlan 17,

Riquelme 90+

Home	 Away
Shots 7(4) 18(9)
Pens 0 0
FK 2 1
CK 0 1
Fouls 1(0) 2(1)
Yellow 0 0
Red 1 0
Pos 53 47

Match report:

18 shots and only 2 goals. That also shows how the game was treating me!

Could not do a thing about it.

--------------------------------------------------

Top scorers:

Forlan - 35

Riquelme - 18

Nihat - 5

Pires - 4

Jose Mari - 3

Franco - 2

Sorin - 1

Own goal - 1

Cheers for the games mate!

Well, that's my season over and I finish in 2nd place. Congrats to Donnie for taking the title and bouncing back up to the Prem.

DepFut01A20053105.jpg

And just for completeness' sake, here is the result of all those wubberly stats I've been collating:

Overview
--------
Matches with results : 22
Matches with stats : 20

(games without stats not counted)

Offence
-------
Goals scored (APG) : 62 (3.1)
Total shots (APG) : 330 (16.5)
Total on target (APG) : 191 (9.55)
Overall shot accuracy : 58%
Shots -> goals %age : 19%
On tgt -> goals %age : 32%

Defence
-------
Goals conceded (APG) : 42 (2.1)
Total opp shots (APG) : 195 (9.75)
Total on target (APG) : 118 (5.9)
Opp shot accuracy : 61%
Opp shots -> goals % : 22%
Opp on tgt -> goals % : 36%

Set pieces
----------
Corners won : 88 (4.4)
Corners conceded : 28 (1.4)
Free kicks won : 80 (4)
Free kicks conceded : 89 (4.45)
Penalties won : 1
Penalties conceded : 1

Discipline
----------
Fouls by me (APG) : 65 (3.25)
Fouls against (APG) : 39 (1.95)
Offsides by me (APG) : 25 (1.25)
Offsides by opp (APG) : 42 (2.1)
Yellow cards -> me : 16
Yellow cards -> opp : 6
Red cards -> me : 1
Red cards -> opp : 2

misc
----------
Avg possession : 47%
Avg opp possession : 53%

Ok - the final league matches

Tottenham 3-2 PSV

A very even match, which donnie can feel very hard done by to lose. Spurs went 2-0 up after around the half hour mark before Gardner was sent off (AI deciding a second yellow would even things up) and thereafter it was backs to the wall. Donnie was all over me and hit back to level things at 2-2 around 80 minutes in. Spurs were holding on for a draw, when Keane won the ball down the left hand side and proceeded to dribble through as the defence seemed AWOL before finishing in the corner for the win.

PSV 1-3 Tottenham

A little more one-sided this one, Berbatov was on fire and hit a great hat trick to finish the season on a high for Tottenham.

Thanks for the games donnie, it's clear to see that you deserve your place in the prem even if today's results didn't go your way today (I'm guessing you took your foot off the pedal playing against the team you support :)).

Congratulations to SaintM and donnie on their promotion, well deserved I'm sure we'll all agree. I've really enjoyed the league this season - it's been very competitive, I didn't have any easy games and in the end the top 4 were separated by only 3 points. It's been great playing and talking to you all and if anyone wants any friendlies on the new PES when it comes out just drop me an invite. :P

Yep, congratulations to Donnie & Saint, promotion most definitely deserved.

Easily the closest season I’ve been involved in so far (and the most enjoyable).

Cheers everyone for some excellent games, looking forward to seeing you all again in PES2008.

As always thanks go out to SaintM for all his hard work sorting out the leagues/website.

Played Mortis last night and secured a couple of tight wins for Lyon.

Cheers for the games - I thought you were unlucky not to get anything from the second game. A few times I thought Tristan was going to slot one home only to see the ball slip past the post.

I think that secures Lyon a play-off place! Surprising, considering it's been a disappointing season overall for the Carew and the boys.

Big thank you to Sainty for another great season! Plus, everyone else, except for Donnie, who followed the agreed plan to let Mike get promoted to the Premiership! :(

Played Mortis last night and secured a couple of tight wins for Lyon.

Cheers for the games - I thought you were unlucky not to get anything from the second game. A few times I thought Tristan was going to slot one home only to see the ball slip past the post.

I think that secures Lyon a play-off place! Surprising, considering it's been a disappointing season overall for the Carew and the boys.

Big thank you to Sainty for another great season! Plus, everyone else, except for Donnie, who followed the agreed plan to let Mike get promoted to the Premiership! :(

looknig forward to sending you back down Saint :wub: more revenge is needed from before :(

Championship play-offs!

Semi-final #1: petrolgirls v Benito's Boca Juniors (Benito given bye as petrolgirls leaving league)

Semi-final #2: FC Porko v ASM FC

Match setup:

2 x 15 min match to be played.

Home team hosts 1st leg.

If after both legs the teams are still level, away goals count double.

If the teams still cannot be separated, the second match host will create a 5 min match with penalties on to emulate extra time.

Please try to get played ASAP!