IGNORED

The Championship - Official Dressing Room

SaintM

Results just in:

Pootle 0-0 petrolgirls

Pretty tightly contested match with both sides having opportunities to score but failing to grasp them.

petrolgirls 5-2 Pootle

By half time petrolgirls was 3-0 up. Despite managing to claw one back, petrolgirls made it 4 before I struck back a minute later from kick off to bring it to 4-2. I had a shot clip the post and one or two more chances go agonisingly close but AS Roma dusted off the match with a late goal in extra time to win 5-2.

This season is well and truly behind me now - there's no way I can escape relegation and I've just had a hard time with PES6 for some unknown reason - to think I did well last Season with Fulham, this time it's all gone to shit :wacko:

Thanks for that Pootle, first game was a bit dull, I've not played in ages and I hate playing in the rain - couldn't get it together at all. You had plenty chances in the second game to make it a close contest, a good game.

In other news,

petrolgirls 2 - 0 Mortis

Tight game this, eventually a great run from Mancini broke the deadlock halfway through the first with a second coming shortly after, rode my luck a bit for the

rest of the game.

Mortis 0 - 4 petrolgirls

Roma a bit more comfortable here, not that Depor didn't have their chances, they just weren't able to put them away.

Thanks for the games Mortis, glad we finally got to play.

ASM FC 3 Pootle Pandemonium 0

Should have been a draw really, Pootle was unlucky not to get anything from this match. The game was very even until the first goal went in which was a bit of a fluke, the second was down to luck as well. Toni had a quite game until he popped up near the end to put the 3rd in.

Goals from - Mutu, Montolivo and Toni

Pootle Pandemonium 1 ASM FC 3

The game got off to a good start for Fiorentina with a early goal from Toni, the second went in a few minutes later, again Toni. Then Pootle had one of his defenders sent off for a second yellow. I should have really scored more in the first half Toni had a lot of chances, but they all went straight at the keeper. Pootle pulled one back in the second half after some shocking defending. Toni got his 3rd late the second half. A reasonable comfortable win once Pootle was down to 10 men, should have scored more.

Goals from - Toni

Thanks for the games Pootle, I think the Pro Evo luck was on my side last night. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Darko Determined to Keep PSV Top!

130283_661_1167950051080-Training221206-3752.jpg

Determined to win his first ever PES mug, PSV manager donnie darko enforced extra training sessions upon his PSV heroes. "They've done well so far and deserved to be up at the top of the league, but now comes the pain!". Many are wondering why darko has worked wonders with a PSV team that were full of exuberence but lacking discpline, "Guns pointed to heads for missed tackles and shots often works" stated the current Championship manager of the season, "that... and discovering the tight dribble button located on the RB button.". Can darko continue this amazing form that has seen him delight crowds and win points at the same time. Only time, and SaintM's attitude to bungs from fellow Championship managers, will tell.

Newcastle 2 - 1 Lyon

Lyon 1 - 3 Newcastle

2 enjoyable games but really frustrating at the same time. I'd say we're a similar standard but you having Newcastle made the difference as they were stronger and quicker all over the park. Martins, Duff, Owen and Dyer were too much for the Lyon defence and kept on emerging with the ball when I thought I had it. Whilst at the other end I could only dream of Owen and Martins as Carew and Wiltord fired everything str.aight at the keeper. I can certainly see why everyone, including myself, had Newcastle top of their list - they are scary going forward.

Disappointed not to have gotten anything from the games but am past caring when it comes to PES 6!

CFTGs and well played!

donnie darko's dynamos 6 - 2 Tomox FC

Tomox FC 2 - 5 donnie darko's dynamos

I couple of flattering scores for me there. I think if I deserved the wins it was probably by one goal. I managed to hit Tomox on the break a few times and it was only due to this that I managed to score so many goals. It was tough to break him down and he always looked dangerous in attack I was under siege in the second half of the last game but managed to hold out and break away a couple of times.

Cheers for the games!

Newcastle 2 - 1 Lyon

Lyon 1 - 3 Newcastle

2 enjoyable games but really frustrating at the same time. I'd say we're a similar standard but you having Newcastle made the difference as they were stronger and quicker all over the park. Martins, Duff, Owen and Dyer were too much for the Lyon defence and kept on emerging with the ball when I thought I had it. Whilst at the other end I could only dream of Owen and Martins as Carew and Wiltord fired everything str.aight at the keeper. I can certainly see why everyone, including myself, had Newcastle top of their list - they are scary going forward.

Disappointed not to have gotten anything from the games but am past caring when it comes to PES 6!

CFTGs and well played!

I could feel your frustration in these. Although I probably edged it in the first, and I was well impressed with the Toon's defence, in the second you were definitely the better team. It was certainly a story of unfinished chances for both teams and the first game could have had 10 goals or more if we took our chances. These were probably my worst performances this season as regards possession and chances, and yet I managed to put some chances away. Just shows how fooked up this game is at times.

bigsamcelebrates.jpg

Harbey celebrates as relegation fears are calmed - look at that smile :lol:

CFTG's anyway mate. Hope you get a communicator sorted soon as I was dying to share a few obscenities with you. Roll on

PES 2008 (or FIFA maybe!).

Stevens looks to avoid the drop

As his 1st season in charge of Sevilla draws to a close, manager Tom Stevens is finding himself scrapping for Championship survival. His first season has proved to be a very steep learning curve. Having started off slowly, Stevens has enjoyed wins over Newcastle, Tottenham and Deportivo but has found the rest of the season tough.

"After the mauling at Roma we all learnt a lesson. We've started playing more as a team since then, although the results may not show that. We've played some top teams in recent weeks and its been tough, but my lads have played well and could have got something out of at least of the games. Now is when we really need to put in the effort, avoiding the drop is a must. Our games against Villareal will be tough, but we'll go into them with a positive attitude aiming to get something out of both games."

With 6 games to play, Sevilla are 6 points from safety, which may prove too much for Stevens and his men.

116.gifSaintM FC 5 - 1 Tomox FC 114.gif

Forlan 2,

Jose Mari 29,

Forlan 37,

Forlan 85,

Forlan 90+

Home	 Away
Shots 24(12) 5(3)
Pens 0 0
FK 7 3
CK 5 1
Fouls 3(2) 7(3)
Yellow 0 2
Red 0 0
Pos 52 48

Match report:

A Forlan headed from the 1st corner of the game set me up nicely. After that there was no real pressure on the Villarreal defence, and lots up the other end. Forlan was on fire and deserved his hat-trick. The Sevilla consulation goal was a great free-kick from a pretty central spot. The keeper had no chance and the away supports got something to talk about on the long trip home.

--------------------------------------------------

114.gifTomox FC 0 - 2 SaintM FC 116.gif

Riquelme 33,

Jose Mari 89

Home	 Away
Shots 2(0) 26(15)
Pens 0 0
FK 1 4
CK 0 5
Fouls 4(3) 1(0)
Yellow 0 1
Red 1 0
Pos 50 50

Match report:

A red up arrow for Forlan meant only one thing in the topsy turvy world of PES. He was never gonna score.

By all rights I should of scored many more goals but a combination of shoddy finishing, amazing keeping and some blind luck meant that it wasn't gonna happen. I expected Sevilla to grab an equaliser late on in the match, since that's how this season has pretty much gone so far, but luckily it didn't happen.

Top scorers:

Forlan - 26

Riquelme - 14

Pires - 4

Nihat - 3

Jose Mari - 2

Franco - 2

Sorin - 1

Own goal - 1

Picture summary:

316735_MEDIUMSQUARE.jpg

Six points means I can keep the pressure on the other teams at the top. Cheers for the games Tom.

Marseille (scratch) 0-2 Tottenham (porko)

The match got off to an explosive start, Berbatov had a shot palmed away by the keeper in the opening seconds from inside the six yard box. This should have acted as a wake up call to the Marseille back line, but instead they were dreamily hitting the snooze button as the resultant corner was flighted in from Jenas and met by a diving header from an unmarked Tainio. Marseille were finally jolted into action and had some good pressure within the opening half an hour, as a few scrambled chances were cleared by the Tottenham defence. Opportunities came and went, primarily for the English side; Berbatov in particular had a couple of oppurtunities when set clean through on goal but the score remained 1-0 until half time.

The second half saw Marseille play some excellent counter attacking football, exposing Tottenham's defeciencies down the flanks and it looked as if a goal might materialise after a few half chances for Cisse were spurned. However, the threat was extinguished late on when Tainio was able to find himself free on the edge of the area; the Brazilian took a couple of touches to steady himself before looping a finish over the keeper to effectively kill the contest.

Tottenham (porko) 5-1 Marseille (scratch)

The scoreline might suggest differently, but this game was just as close as the previous one, with scratch possibly posing more of an attacking threat. Tottenham took the lead through Berbatov after 15 minutes, a tidy finish after Defoe had cut back from the byline. Marseille showed good character in an attempt for immediate retaliation. Spurs' rearguard were again in last ditch territory as a high ball into the box wasn't dealt with properly and Dawson had to clear a header from underneath his own crossbar. On the half hour, however, Tottenham's lead was doubled. Berbatov again found himself in space from a Tainio throughball and he clipped it through the keeper's despairing dive to make it 2-0 going into half time.

Immediately after the interval Marseille's long overdue goal arrived, and what a classy strike it was. The ball was played down the Marseille right and a whipped cross was clipped in on the volley from Cisse with his back to the goal, beating Paul Robinson all ends up. For the next 15 minutes, the game was certainly on at 2-1. Spurs were trying to intricately play the ball through the Marseille defence and Marseille were retaliating with some incisive counter attacking of their own. Robbie Keane might've put the game out of reach as some dazzling footwork created space for a shot which hit the post and rebounded to safety, but it was left to Berbatov to seal the points, and his hat trick as he raced through on goal pursued by 3 defenders and provided a calm finish. Stoppage time saw undeserved gloss applied to the scoreline, Spurs' 2 final attacks resulted in the fourth and fifth goals of the game for Berbatov as at long last, scratch's challenge came to an end.

The result leaves Tottenham with a play off position with two opponents to play, 36 points from 18 matches should be enough to ensure they have a ticket at the end of season roulette. Just as well that the points are on the board, the final two opponents are the division's heavyweights, Roma and PSV.

Cheers for the games scratch, Marseille seem like a solid unit but perhaps lack a bit of quality up front. I feel that if the allocated teams had been reversed, the scorelines may well have been too. All the best in your run-in :o

Marseille (scratch) 0-2 Tottenham (porko)

The match got off to an explosive start, Berbatov had a shot palmed away by the keeper in the opening seconds from inside the six yard box. This should have acted as a wake up call to the Marseille back line, but instead they were dreamily hitting the snooze button as the resultant corner was flighted in from Jenas and met by a diving header from an unmarked Tainio. Marseille were finally jolted into action and had some good pressure within the opening half an hour, as a few scrambled chances were cleared by the Tottenham defence. Opportunities came and went, primarily for the English side; Berbatov in particular had a couple of oppurtunities when set clean through on goal but the score remained 1-0 until half time.

The second half saw Marseille play some excellent counter attacking football, exposing Tottenham's defeciencies down the flanks and it looked as if a goal might materialise after a few half chances for Cisse were spurned. However, the threat was extinguished late on when Tainio was able to find himself free on the edge of the area; the Brazilian took a couple of touches to steady himself before looping a finish over the keeper to effectively kill the contest.

Tottenham (porko) 5-1 Marseille (scratch)

The scoreline might suggest differently, but this game was just as close as the previous one, with scratch possibly posing more of an attacking threat. Tottenham took the lead through Berbatov after 15 minutes, a tidy finish after Defoe had cut back from the byline. Marseille showed good character in an attempt for immediate retaliation. Spurs' rearguard were again in last ditch territory as a high ball into the box wasn't dealt with properly and Dawson had to clear a header from underneath his own crossbar. On the half hour, however, Tottenham's lead was doubled. Berbatov again found himself in space from a Tainio throughball and he clipped it through the keeper's despairing dive to make it 2-0 going into half time.

Immediately after the interval Marseille's long overdue goal arrived, and what a classy strike it was. The ball was played down the Marseille right and a whipped cross was clipped in on the volley from Cisse with his back to the goal, beating Paul Robinson all ends up. For the next 15 minutes, the game was certainly on at 2-1. Spurs were trying to intricately play the ball through the Marseille defence and Marseille were retaliating with some incisive counter attacking of their own. Robbie Keane might've put the game out of reach as some dazzling footwork created space for a shot which hit the post and rebounded to safety, but it was left to Berbatov to seal the points, and his hat trick as he raced through on goal pursued by 3 defenders and provided a calm finish. Stoppage time saw undeserved gloss applied to the scoreline, Spurs' 2 final attacks resulted in the fourth and fifth goals of the game for Berbatov as at long last, scratch's challenge came to an end.

The result leaves Tottenham with a play off position with two opponents to play, 36 points from 18 matches should be enough to ensure they have a ticket at the end of season roulette. Just as well that the points are on the board, the final two opponents are the division's heavyweights, Roma and PSV.

Cheers for the games scratch, Marseille seem like a solid unit but perhaps lack a bit of quality up front. I feel that if the allocated teams had been reversed, the scorelines may well have been too. All the best in your run-in :D

That 2-0 scoreline is really flattering; in reality with the chances you had it could have been 10-0.

The second match was much closer but Berbatov was on fire and Tottenham took another well deserved victory.

I just never got going in either match; every pass I made seemed to be going to a Tottenham player.

(Not a PES complaint - your off the ball positioning was just much better - I think the difference between myself and the really good PES players).

It's been a real struggle this season in front of goal when previously I've found Cisse sticking them away for fun but again I think that’s due to the quality of the opponents this season.

Cheers for the games Porko, would have been nice to have a chat (I don't get out much :( )

Good luck in the play offs if you don't get an automatic promotion spot.

(while I fight relegation - I can't see me picking up any more points this season).

Results from last night:

Newcastle 3 - 3 Fulham

Cracking game that saw some great shots on goal from both sides. Fulham managed to take the game to 3-1 until some woeful defending allowed for Newcastle to get number two and in the final minutes of injury time right at the death, managed to nick a point from Fulham which was harsh.

All in all a thrilling match with wonderful goals from Owen (N), Boa Morte (F) and Boupa Diop (F).

Fulham 3 - 2 Newcastle

Another goal aplenty match that saw McBride, Helguson and Radsinski upfront score a goal each. Newcastle managed to stay in the game by scoring two but it wasn't enough, allowing Fulham to take the glory for the first time since away to Villareal last month. A welcome win to stop the rot. Perhaps Fulham can now pick themselves up in the remaining matches to escape the drop!

CFTG's Harbey - was good to play you again and all the best with the rest of the season! (though you won't be going anywhere since you're safe! :P)

Poots.

Results from last night:

Poots.

Enjoyable games mate, despite the results. My play seems to be slipping as the season draws to a close. I was lucky against Benito, playing crap but getting results. I didn't play well in these games and was punished for it. I'm feeling a bit pissed off with PES at the mo' (and with gaming in general). Hope PES 2008 can reignite some enthusiasm. In the meantime, I'm going to download the FIFA08 demo :(

Good luck with the run in mate. I'm sure you'll be fine. Look forward to meeting you next season.

It's the lack of control over my players when the game decides to be a cunt that annoys me.

If they get rid of the random 'team form' stat that seems to decide how accurate strikers shoot, defenders defend, referees ref and players pass then it can be a good game again.

I've not noticed it being such a problem in the 60 odd games I've played online on the PC though, so here's hoping!

Marseille 2-0 Roma

Possession and shots wise there was nothing in this one apart from Cisse who scored both.

Even when the second went in I never felt comfortable as Roma were causing no end of problems and did everything but put it in the net.

Roma 3-3 Marseille

The three points from the first match eased some of the pressure I’ve felt during recent games and I was feeling confident but Petrolgirls showed the form that’s put him at the top end of the league with a reply for every goal I scored.

Both of us could have probably taken this one with chances right until the last second but I was more than happy with a draw (and 4 points over both games which have massively helped my chances of avoiding relegation).

Cheers for the games and chat Petrolgirls. I must have been lucky and caught you on an off day.

Good luck with your push for promotion.

116.gifSaintM FC 4 - 3 AS Mortis Muppets 111.gif

Forlan 66,

Forlan 70,

Riquelme 45+,

Riquelme 90+

Home	 Away
Shots 16(11) 8(4)
Pens 0 1
FK 3 4
CK 1 2
Fouls 5(2) 3(2)
Yellow 1 0
Red 0 0
Pos 45 55

Match report:

Despite the difference of the teams' positions, this was a very close match with little between them.

Depor scored 1st, with riquelme grabbing an equaliser in 1st half stoppage time. Soon after the start of the 2nd half, the old 'pressure button causing a defender to slide in from behind in the penalty box' problem revealed itself to me. Mortis slotted the resultant spot kick home and retook the lead, leaving me cursing the controls (not for the 1st time this season!). Then Forlan decided he wanted to party and two quick goals gave me the lead for the 1st time in the match.

It was short lived however as depor grabbed their point back with a cracking 1st time shot from just outside the area. And so it looked to be honours even, until that man Riquelme once again showed his quality timing by nabbing a winner in stoppage time. A cruel result for deport, but a welcome one for Villarreal.

111.gifAS Mortis Muppets 1 - 4 SaintM FC 116.gif

Jose Mari 6,

Forlan 41,

Forlan 44,

Forlan 74

Home	 Away
Shots 8(4) 16(9)
Pens 0 0
FK 7 6
CK 2 3
Fouls 6(1) 7(2)
Yellow 1 0
Red 0 0
Pos 55 45

Match report:

This match was pretty much dominated by the Villarreal super striker, Forlan. He did his part by scoring a nice hat-trick (including a bizarre shot that came off the crossbar, onto the post and out again before being tapped home). The number of shots on each side was the same but it was a much more open affair for the Villarreal midfield. 31 goals in 20 matches shows that Forlan means business!

Top scorers:

Forlan - 31

Riquelme - 16

Pires - 4

Nihat - 3

Jose Mari - 3

Franco - 2

Sorin - 1

Own goal - 1

Picture summary:

Diego_Forlan_419814c.jpg

Cheers for the games mate. Best of luck for your remaining matches. I'm sure you wanna go down with your head held high, so do a number on Donnie and you can :wub:

ps. You need to re-confirm the results.

Cheers for the games and chat Petrolgirls. I must have been lucky and caught you on an off day.

Good luck with your push for promotion.

Ah, no you played well - thoroughly deserved victory there and I was lucky to claw it back in the second. I'm just not investing the time in PES to play to a decent standard at the mo'. Maybe 2008 will reinvigorate my interest.

Ah, no you played well - thoroughly deserved victory there and I was lucky to claw it back in the second. I'm just not investing the time in PES to play to a decent standard at the mo'. Maybe 2008 will reinvigorate my interest.

I know how you feel, virtually everyone seems to have had there fill of PES6 now, PES2008 can't come soon enough.

PSV 2-1 Marseille

Marseille 3-1 PSV

Very little difference between these teams, both games played out in a very similar fashion.

I found the PSV defense extremely tough to break down,

I went with a much more defensive formation than normal but Donnie had little trouble waltzing through (and shooting over or wide :) ).

Donnie created much more chances in both games but seemed to be struggling to stick it away,

particularly in the second match where the 3-1 scoreline in no way tells the whole story.

My first was an absolute screamer by Cisse from outside the box into the top corner.

Donnie then had chance after chance and was really taking my defence apart. However as you sometimes seem to get in PES it just wasn’t going to let him score.

Somehow I bundled in another two (whose quality had us both laughing) against the run of play.

Cheers for the games & chat Donnie, deservedly straight back to the Premiership from this evidence & the look of the table.

(I think it must be pointed out that old habits die hard for Marseille:

following the initial defeat on Dutch soil the PSV coach received a brown envelope containing a COD4 beta code :( ).

ASM 0 - Harbeyfield Wednesday 4

Newcastle played Fiorentina off the pitch. Don't know what was up with Toni tonight he could hit a barn door. My worst performance of the season (so far).

Harbeyfield Wednesday 0 - ASM 1

More of the same really, the only goal of the match was a classy own goal from Dyer a few minutes before the end of the game, he really smashed it home!

Cheers for the games Harbey, you should really have gone away with a least 4 points if not six. Good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm going over to Italy for a holiday on Wednesday afternoon and I'll be back next Tuesday. Hopefully I will be able to play my games against petrolgirls tomorrow, if not it will have to be when I get back.

ASM 0 - Harbeyfield Wednesday 4

Newcastle played Fiorentina off the pitch. Don't know what was up with Toni tonight he could hit a barn door. My worst performance of the season (so far).

Harbeyfield Wednesday 0 - ASM 1

More of the same really, the only goal of the match was a classy own goal from Dyer a few minutes before the end of the game, he really smashed it home!

Cheers for the games Harbey, you should really have gone away with a least 4 points if not six. Good luck for the rest of the season.

I'm going over to Italy for a holiday on Wednesday afternoon and I'll be back next Tuesday. Hopefully I will be able to play my games against petrolgirls tomorrow, if not it will have to be when I get back.

Thanks for the games mate. Nothing to add really other than this game seems to be going out of its way to piss me off at every opportunity. The first game, I had several players on down arrows and had no problems putting shots away. In the second, I had Owen on a red and several others in form, and couldn't hit the target.

Only another two games to play then this disc is getting nuked. It's just turning in to a drawn out way of playing 'heads or tails' for me at the mo'.

Well it looks like the promotion places have been just about sewn up...

Roma (petrolgirls) 1-1 Tottenham (porko)

A really tight game, with solid defending from both sides. Keane opened the scoring after 2 minutes, before Montella levelled things up after around 20.

Tottenham (porko) 2-1 Roma (petrolgirls)

Chimbonda (of all people!) gave Spurs the lead with a strike from the edge of the area which rattled the woodwork on the way in. Mancini equalised for Roma, before Berbatov hit the winner at around the hour mark.

These games were as tight as I've played all season and I had to be at my very best to get the 4 points. Always a pleasure playing against petrolgirls - I hope you're able to carry on next season in the league mate, you always represent a great challenge. I must say it was nice not to be on the receiving end of a hiding as was the case each time we played last season :(

Doing a bit of on the spot maths, donnie can secure promotion with 4 points or more against mortis this week and SaintM needs just one win from his two final games against Scratch. All the best guys, no pressure :(