IGNORED

The Championship - Official Dressing Room

SaintM

Lyon (Benito) 1 - Roma (Petrolgirls)

A really tight game that really could have gone either way. I think Roma were on top, just about, in the first half but were denied by some good keeping, dodgy shooting, and the crossbar! Managed to nick a goal early in the second and it was backs against the wall after that as Roma piled on the pressure. Had to fight tooth and nail to hold onto the lead and Coupet, in goal, played his part.

Roma 4 - 2 Lyon

Had a feeling I might struggle a little in this one as I was spent after the first game!! 2-0 down after about ten minutes and things were looking bad. Thankfully, Roma were in generous mood and a nice square ball by a Roma defender gave Wiltord a great shooting chance and he tucked it away. After that it was end to end stuff with Roma popping another in to make it 3-1. I switched to a more attacking formation and I felt I was still in with a shout as both teams were having plenty of chances.

Then disaster struck. A great break by Lyon saw Wiltord crash the ball against the bar. I was sure he'd scored and had both hands off the pad. Roma broke quickly and a wreckless slide from Cris on the halfway line saw him disappointingly, but probably deservedly, walk. Lyon kept on going, though, and managed to claw it back to 3-2. They were tiring, though, and it was open season at the back. Roma made it 4-2 and despite some good chances, and one great save from a header by the Roma keeper, there was no ay back.

Great games! Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season.

_41039068_cris203.jpg

116.gifSaintM 1 - 3 ASM 66.gif

Forlan 62

Home   Away
Shots 20(9) 8(5)
Pens 0 0
FK 2 7
CK 8 4
FLS 7(3) 2(1)
Ylw 3 0
Red 0 0
Pos 49 51

Summary:

Ho-hum. Another game where the lions share of the chances fall to my team, but I'm unable to put it in the net. Roll on PES7 and hopefully the end of this random rubbish.

66.gifASM 2 - 4 SaintM 116.gif

Forlan 9, 70

Riquelme 25

Pires 77

Home   Away
Shots 11(7) 23(12)
Pens 0 0
FK 6 4
CK 3 1
FLS 4(2) 6(2)
Ylw 0 2
Red 0 0
Pos 53 47

Summary:

The game was pretty much the same as the 1st match, but this time the randometer was in my favour instead of against.

Top goal scorers:

Forlan: 14

Riquelme 8

Nihat 3

Pires 2

Sorin 1

Own goal 1

Picture summary:

roulette-wheel.jpg

I felt that I could/should of won both matches on balance of play. It obviously isn't the case that it always happens like that in real life or in PES, It's just a shame that in PES it happens far more often than in real life.

Cheers for the games ASM.

Lyon (Benito) 1 - Roma (Petrolgirls)

A really tight game that really could have gone either way. I think Roma were on top, just about, in the first half but were denied by some good keeping, dodgy shooting, and the crossbar! Managed to nick a goal early in the second and it was backs against the wall after that as Roma piled on the pressure. Had to fight tooth and nail to hold onto the lead and Coupet, in goal, played his part.

Roma 4 - 2 Lyon

Had a feeling I might struggle a little in this one as I was spent after the first game!! 2-0 down after about ten minutes and things were looking bad. Thankfully, Roma were in generous mood and a nice square ball by a Roma defender gave Wiltord a great shooting chance and he tucked it away. After that it was end to end stuff with Roma popping another in to make it 3-1. I switched to a more attacking formation and I felt I was still in with a shout as both teams were having plenty of chances.

Then disaster struck. A great break by Lyon saw Wiltord crash the ball against the bar. I was sure he'd scored and had both hands off the pad. Roma broke quickly and a wreckless slide from Cris on the halfway line saw him disappointingly, but probably deservedly, walk. Lyon kept on going, though, and managed to claw it back to 3-2. They were tiring, though, and it was open season at the back. Roma made it 4-2 and despite some good chances, and one great save from a header by the Roma keeper, there was no ay back.

Great games! Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season.

_41039068_cris203.jpg

Thanks Benito. First game I couldn't get going at all, not helped by the already slow Roma being bogged down in the pissing rain. You thoroughly deserved the first. Second game Roma almost threw it away repeatedly, Cris was unlucky with the red and your second goal was beautifully worked.

Good games, best of luck too.

Harbeyfield Wednesday 1 - 5 donnie darko's dynamos

A great start for Owen, scoring within the first couple of minutes. Fook knows what happened after that.

donnie darko's dynamos 2 - 0 Harbeyfield Wednesday

Chance after chance went a miss for the Toon. Mid way through the second half DDDs put a corner away on the near post and secured it with a well taken chance late in the game.

Picture summary:

53488184.barndoorbwsm.jpg

Couldn't hit one if my life depended on it.

Good games Donnie and nice chatting to you again. Looks like you could well be bouncing straight back up again.

Thanks Benito. First game I couldn't get going at all, not helped by the already slow Roma being bogged down in the pissing rain. You thoroughly deserved the first. Second game Roma almost threw it away repeatedly, Cris was unlucky with the red and your second goal was beautifully worked.

Good games, best of luck too.

Couple of cracking goals from Roma in the second game, as well. Mancini, I thnk it was?

Well, Lyon are just where I want them, at the moment. A nice cushion from the dropzone but not challenging at the top. Mid-table mediocrity.

I don't think I could face a return to the top flight. Far too stressful! :(

Villareal 4 - 2 Newcastle

Villareal dominated in the first half, going into the break 4-1 up. In the second half Newcastle made most of the play but, surprisingly, only managed to convert one chance and that had an element of hand ball about it.

EDIT: Newcastle 3 - 4 Villareal

A much closer game that saw Newcastle make several brave comebacks, only to be denied a point in injury time.

The Newcastle boss needs some results if he's to avoid the relegation drama.

Picture summary:

_39452065_hughes_agony300.jpg

The agony of yet another defeat.

Good luck with the rest of your games Mike. I shall be avenged one day, honest.

To Tomox and Skajess - Not sure if the fixture notes emails are coming through ok, but I'm on holiday as of this Friday for 2 weeks so if there's any chance your 360s are still alive and kicking and you want to play our fixtures before I go then I've a few nights free this week :wub:

I'm back and refreshed from holidays now and am all set to tackle a bit of a fixtures backlog which has built up ASAP. Skajess, Tomox and ASM - I've left you notes on the website about organising our games. Cheers

116.gifSaintM FC 4 - 2 Harbeyfield Wednesday 15.gif

Forlan 20,

Pires 28,

Riquelme 30,

Riquelme 42

Home	 Away
Shots 14(6) 13(9)
Pens 0 0
FK 4 7
CK 0 4
Fouls 7(3) 4(4)
Yellow 1 0
Red 0 0
Pos 41 59

Match report:

I romped into a first half lead and felt quite comfortable all in all. A bit of a dodgy goal (off emre's elbow) tried to give the toon a way back into the game, but it wasn't to be. Owen was the offside king.

--------------------------------------------------

15.gifHarbeyfield Wednesday 3 - 4 SaintM FC 116.gif

Riquelme 22,

Forlan 27,

Pires 67,

Riquelme 90+

No stats recorded.

Match report:

This seemed to be a much closer affair, though the stats were lost at the end of the match, so I dunno if it really was. Another two goals for Riquelme made things certain, but he left it late to get the winner.

Top scorers:

Forlan - 16

Riquelme - 12

Pires - 4

Nihat - 3

Sorin - 1

Own goal - 1

Picture summary:

408701_mediumsquare.jpg

Cheers for the games mate, I think I played you at the right time (yay for mid-season slumps!)

donnie_darko 3 - 0 ASM

ASM 0 - 2 donnie_darko

donnie_darko 5 - 1 Harbey

Harbey 0 - 2 donnie_darko

donnie_darko 3 - 1 skajess

skajess 2 - 7 donnie_darko

Cheers for the games, guys. All enjoyable and thanks for the chats. Feel free to send me an invite for friendlies if you see me online.

Fiorentina 1 - 2 Lyon

Lyon 2 - 3 Fiorentina

Two enjoyable games. There was a little bit of lag in the first and I think (hope) this was the reason why every shot I had seemed to balloon over the bar. It was getting silly but thankfully 2 of the 20 odd shots found their way in!!

Feel very disappointed not to have gotten anything from the second game after fighting back from 1-0 down. Unfortunately, Lyon didn't manage to win a single header against Luca bloody Toni and paid the price for it by losing the game. Disappointed with Carew and Wiltord (pictured) who wasted a number of one on ones. Oh well!

CFTGs!

A050914_P13_WILTORD-V_V.JPG

PSG (Skajess) 4 - North East London (Porko) 3

hmm. 0-3 after 35 min... Paul Le Guen, the PSG Manager has found the words to improve the PSG Level and to win the game in the last minut. Paul Le Guen congratulated the NEL Manager and recognized that PSG did'nt desserve

Norh East London (Porko) 3 - PSG (Skajess) 3

A very close game and a logical result.

Cheers for the game.

Skajess

116.gifSaintM FC 3 - 3 Skajess United 34.gif

Riquelme 6,

Forlan 67,

Forlan 80

Home	 Away
Shots 17(11) 12(7)
Pens 0 0
FK 3 4
CK 3 2
Fouls 4(1) 3(2)
Yellow 0 0
Red 0 0
Pos 50 50

Match report:

A tough evenly contested match with both sides dominating a half. I felt I should of taken some chances in the 1st half, but win in 1-0 with hope for more of the same in the 2nd. It was not to be, with the lead swapping hands before coming back again. Pascal has PSG well versed in the headed goal and he punished me time and time again. Although had more chances, it was a fair result on reflection.

34.gifSkajess United 3 - 6 SaintM FC 116.gif

Forlan 9,

Franco 32,

Forlan 39,

Forlan 57,

Forlan 60,

Franco 86

Home	 Away
Shots 11(8) 26(12)
Pens 0 0
FK 3 3
CK 2 5
Fouls 3(1) 3(1)
Yellow 0 1
Red 0 0
Pos 50 50

Match report:

Forlan was on a blue, which in the topsy turvy world of PES6 means that he was unstoppable. Four goals and a few chances missed meant that PSG were never really in the match. Franco popped up to score a couple too, but the headlines are all about that boy Forlan.

Top scorers:

Forlan - 22

Riquelme - 13

Pires - 4

Nihat - 3

Franco - 2

Sorin - 1

Own goal - 1

Random Villarreal stats:

Goals scored (APG)	: 39 (2.79)
Total shots (APG) : 218 (15.57)
Total on target (APG) : 126 (9)
Overall shot accuracy : 58%
Shots -> goals %age : 18%
On tgt -> goals %age : 31%

* stats do not include matches that disconnected.

Picture summary:

forlan.jpg

The return of the sixpack

Cheers for the games Pascal, good luck in your remaining ones!

Fiorentina 1 - 2 Lyon

Lyon 2 - 3 Fiorentina

Two enjoyable games. There was a little bit of lag in the first and I think (hope) this was the reason why every shot I had seemed to balloon over the bar. It was getting silly but thankfully 2 of the 20 odd shots found their way in!!

Feel very disappointed not to have gotten anything from the second game after fighting back from 1-0 down. Unfortunately, Lyon didn't manage to win a single header against Luca bloody Toni and paid the price for it by losing the game. Disappointed with Carew and Wiltord (pictured) who wasted a number of one on ones. Oh well!

CFTGs!

A050914_P13_WILTORD-V_V.JPG

Cheers for the games Benito. As you said two really enjoyable games. I thought you had the six points in the bag when you went 2-1 up in the second game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Also played my out standing game against Porko.

ASM FC 1 Porko 4, Fiorentina got totally outclassed, I wish Spurs could play like that in real life!

Only 6 points out of the possible 15 since my xbox came back, looks to have put a stop to my title challenge.

Ok - that's the backlog cleared.

PSG 4-3 Tottenham

Bah! 3-0 up after 33 minutes, and 3-2 up after 90 on the clock. Absolutely through this one away, although that's not to take anything away from Skajess who showed great character and the winning goal was a pearler from the edge of the box after a cleared corner.

Tottenham 3-3 PSG

PSG picked up where they left off and were 2-0 up in no time. It was Spurs' turn to dig deep and Robbie Keane slotted home a 90th minute equaliser for a smidgen of revenge.

Fiorentina 1-4 Tottenham

A very even match, where chances went to both sides, although Spurs perhaps shaded the game with some excellent counter attacking in the second half under heavy pressure from Fiorentina.

Seville 2-1 Tottenham

A great game which I was gutted to lose - multiple goal mouth scrambles, two cleared off the line and a missed penalty for Spurs, whereas Seville scored with their only two real chances. Got to praise Tom for his ruthlessness in front of goal and some committed defending.

Tottenham 6-1 Seville

If only some of those had gone in last time! Everything started to click here as I changed to a more attacking formation and a hatful of goals ensued. However the highlight of the match was a cracking freekick for Seville, of which I am completely envious (I'm still to score a free kick after 11 months of PES6!).

Deportivo La Coruna 0-7 Tottenham

The scoreline is completely misleading here, at 1-0 around the hour mark Deportivo had some good pressure and hit the bar of all things. 5 goals in the last 20 minutes put a gloss on the scoreline, although I would've taken 2-0 for sure.

Tottenham 8-0 Deportivo La Coruna

Much more one-sided and every 50-50 and tussle on the ball seemed to fall Tottenham's way. Berbatov with 5 goals was absolutely lethal.

Thanks to everyone for the matches - think I'm about back on track after my holiday but any title challenge that might've been there has diminished. Think I'll write this one off as a "Transition" season - Spurs fans are used to those ;)

Just thought I better apologize for my lack of match reports this season.

I’ve had 3 sets of fixtures without reporting anything in this thread.

Had been thinking about starting a massive match report writing session,

but I’d just be making things up - some seem so long ago now.

Still enjoying the matches & chatting with everyone

– really looking forward to meeting everyone at the top end of the table for my remaining games :unsure:

Anyway, can’t think of any good excuse apart from being a lazy bastard this season –hopefully PES 2008 will get my creative writing juices flowing again.

(And I will try and do some match reports on my remaining games).

Results just in:

Pootle 0-0 petrolgirls

Pretty tightly contested match with both sides having opportunities to score but failing to grasp them.

petrolgirls 5-2 Pootle

By half time petrolgirls was 3-0 up. Despite managing to claw one back, petrolgirls made it 4 before I struck back a minute later from kick off to bring it to 4-2. I had a shot clip the post and one or two more chances go agonisingly close but AS Roma dusted off the match with a late goal in extra time to win 5-2.

This season is well and truly behind me now - there's no way I can escape relegation and I've just had a hard time with PES6 for some unknown reason - to think I did well last Season with Fulham, this time it's all gone to shit :unsure:

Yea but those are all must win matches - as Alan Curbishly said last season, you have to beat the teams around you otherwise there's no point. I'd be mighty surprised if I managed to secure at least 12 points in the remaining matches which may just see me escape but I'm not holding out any hope.

Perhaps I'm just fed up with PES and getting my ass handed to me on a plate each and every time. It's as if the game doesn't want for me to score or win anymore.

I think it's possessed...