IGNORED

Little Big Planet

Distinct muttering

I can't believe how quick people are to write this game off after spending an hour or two on the beta with a bunch of rushed user-created content from a limited pool of tools.

And who said this forum was negative?!

It's a combination of stress test type thing and demo (calling it a Beat is a bit much), and if you aren't feeling it from that then you're hardly going to drop £40 on it, are you? For fucks sake, man, yes this forum is overly negative but you're far too defensive. I played it, I liked it, but there's other things that are more deserving of my money.

And just ignore dood, he's a cunt ;)

What you guys want from a good LBP level? place in order, top being best...

Playability, How it looks, creativity, fun for 1p, fun for multiplayer, humour, large level, medium level, small level

I'm really keen on attempting to make a level for the more 'serious' players. I don't have it but I can already imagine a mass of people creating large levels of typical left to right objectives. I think my first level will be very small and focused with 1 or 2 very tricky objectives rather than 10+ easy basic objectives.

Anyone know how limited the tools are in beta? Would you say it's less than 50% of what will feature in the retail? Can you do the more clever stuff like wiring in the beta?

It's a combination of stress test type thing and demo (calling it a Beat is a bit much), and if you aren't feeling it from that then you're hardly going to drop £40 on it, are you? For fucks sake, man, yes this forum is overly negative but you're far too defensive. I played it, I liked it, but there's other things that are more deserving of my money.

And just ignore dood, he's a cunt ;)

Well, apparently it is a slightly older build of the game, and there are a few features yet unimplemented and a fair few bugs which have been sorted for the final product.

EDIT: Capone: My priorities are

Playability, Fun for 1p and then looks. (actually looks are pretty important, as if you see really badly formed geometrical shapes you're less likely to give it a chance if something in it frustrates you - I for one sometimes assume: No love payed to the aesthetics: less likely to have spent time making sure everything in the level plays properly).

Ok, another question; is it coming out on PSN? I haven't been keeping up with the release info, just the game itself... If it's now disc only, for forty quid, they can get to fuck, basically.

Er.... why exactly? I find this attitude bizarre. Why on earth why would you assume this was a budget title?

I mean, by all means, be annoyed at the price of games. But why single this out?

This doesn't look remotely like a budget title, I don't know what you guys were expecting. ;)

Have to say from a graphics-whore perspective that it's one of the few games for me that justify HD.

Not sure why anyone would think less effort has gone into LBP than any other big release (barring MGS and GTA obviously).

If this is shit I'm heading for a big big disappointment on the 24th!

if anyone wants a beta key but doesnt have one, http://www.gametrailers.com/ look like they're sending them out with their newsletter tomorrow (as far as i can tell (just from reading the front page)).

(If anyone decides to sign up for it, you could always stick my gamertag (in sig) in the referer box ^_^).

Done, thanks ;) . Does the newsletter get emailed to me automatically?

Having played it for a good while last night, I can't believe some of the negativity in here. I still reckon all the naysayers are like this because the wrong company's making it.

It's a fun platformy game, with great design, and even on the beta, some really fun levels and ideas. So basically, I think you're all wrong.

I still want a beta key. Driving for an hour to play it is no fun.

I'd like to try an experiment (i've got one of these over at the megaman thread too), is anybody up for this?

could a few of you here help me out and write a teeny tiny review of this game?

3 rules,

1 - Not more than 50 words,

2 - 1 to 3 word summary,

3 - mark out of five stars.

The fruits of this will be posted soon.

I hope this works.

In true rllmuk fashion, you can either love or hate it, played the demo for 2 minutes or constantly since went live.

anyone's and everyone's opinions matter. Dictatorship governed democracy FTW.

edit: Maybe PMing is a good idea, or just post here, either way, it's all good.

What the fuck some of you are going on about with this whole 'it should be a budget PSN title mainly because I cant be arsed putting a disk in a hole' bollocks is beyond me as well.

I dont think it should be budget but it would be great to have it on PSN.

You're playing something else at the time, finish... then quickly load up LBP from the HDD and check out the new content. niiiiiice

I think the justification in that respect is that it's more of a pickup and play game, since all the levels are quite short, dare I say, like A DS game?

Please nobody take that comparison the wrong way.

Yep, it would be nice to go in and out of your level editor as you please without having to get up and change disks. It's just a game you're going to want to play often, very often over a number of months. Normal games you stick on there until you finish em or you want to play online or something, but LBP it feels more frequent. Lets go in, mod my level a little bit, check out 3-4 other levels- then bang right out.

I personally think it would really benefit from being on the hard drive. I would buy it off the PSN store for 35-40 quid personally

I think it would be nice get status updates directly on the XMB - I'm not sure if there are plans for anything this this? Perhaps just a tile in the XMB for each game you've got, that gives a snapshot (just simple text) of what's going on in the relevant game world then you can decide whether it's worth diving in. So info on new creations and content, where friends are in LBP etc. Or like if your lap record has just been beaten in Wipeout HD by a friend - at that moment you could quit whatever movie you're watching and try to reclaim your top spot.

LBP would definitely benefit from being on the HDD. It's still going to be awesome, I reckon, but there's no doubt it being a download game (or fully installable) would be a huge benefit. Like Uzi said, I reckon once the "it's my new game" buzz wears off, it's going to be a game you want to play for 15-30 minutes when you're at your PS3, then play whichever game you're currently working through. So it'd be nice if you could have one in the Blu-ray drive and one on the HDD.