rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
northy

Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

Exactly. They're both equally stupid.

I don't think it is.

Are people not allowed to like different styles (or even genres) of games now then?

I can understand why some people don't like playing space marine games, so I don't know why some people can't grasp that I don't really want to play a fitness game and it's not down to some deep seated issues meaning that I can't live knowing that Nintendo is trying to expand their market.

My wife who has never ever played a video game in her life (other than a brief drunken go on Singstar) will love wii fit. It kind of makes the wii even better value for money if I can play the likes of Zelda, Excite Truck, RE4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime: Corruption etc while my kids can play wii sports, the likes of Boogie, SMG again and games like that undersea diving~exploration game thats on its way with now the wife having wii fit to play as well.

The main problem as I see it will be the queuing to get on the damn machine.

It's kind of unreasonable, where's the evidence their traditional output is suffering?
But that's based on basically no evidence. Had they announced or released more 'traditional' first party games by this time in the GameCubes life?

Well, I would say it's not just Nintendo's output, but the third parties as well. The evidence for my opinion is the fact that I only own 4 Wii games: Sports, Zelda, Excite Truck and Resi 4. I've bought a fair few, mind you, they just get traded in within a few days.

To me, the quality software is lacking.

"All arguing about nothing."

Nothing like the empty, colourless Nintendo that has now been born out of mainstream shenanigans.

Where has all the colour gone? Nintendo remind me more and more of the security instruction cards you get in airplane seats. Characters are replaced with bland, generic silhouette people ... shadows of the former life and soul that was Nintendo.

Note: My post may be slightly over the top :rolleyes:

I don't think it is.

Are people not allowed to like different styles (or even genres) of games now then?

I can understand why some people don't like playing space marine games, so I don't know why some people can't grasp that I don't really want to play a fitness game and it's not down to some deep seated issues meaning that I can't live knowing that Nintendo is trying to expand their market.

But you don't go into a thread bleating about it. Admitting it's good but not for you. Well it's not for you. The thread is not for you. What can you add but "This isn't for me."

Well, I would say it's not just Nintendo's output, but the third parties as well. The evidence for my opinion is the fact that I only own 4 Wii games: Sports, Zelda, Excite Truck and Resi 4. I've bought a fair few, mind you, they just get traded in within a few days.

Compared to what? The Gamecube?

I don't think it is.

No, that's fine. What's stupid is to actually go into a thread and say "This game is shit because it isn't for me! I wish they'd just do more games for me instead of doing this game at the expense of games I do want to play".

This is just another thing they're doing, and it seems od dthat people got so wound up about it because they wanted to spend a bit of the conference talking about it and showing it off.

But where is the evidence that it's suffering because of their efforts with more casual games? Out of all of the software they showed in the conference, one could be classified that way. Wii Fit.

You lot don't realise just how important it can be to get your other half on side, prior to buying a games console. This game will help so many persecuted husbands and boyfriends get a wii.

But you don't go into a thread bleating about it. Admitting it's good but not for you. Well it's not for you. The thread is not for you. What can you add but "This isn't for me."

I only posted in here to back up therearerules who was pulled up for saying:

Do you man for nintendo or gamers? Because nintendo will sweep up with this, but it's not for gamers so that kind of response is expected, and certainly not incorrect.

Which I don't find anything wrong with.

Overall there was a negative reaction to the product being revealed which is to be expected, as therearerules pointed out in the quote above. For some reason we're all supposed to love it or we must be scared and confused at what Nintendo is trying to do, I just don't agree with that.

I don't see any issue here, yes it's going to appeal to some of us, but in the main we all prefer 'standard' games.

You lot don't realise just how important it can be to get your other half on side, prior to buying a games console. This game will help so many persecuted husbands and boyfriends get a wii.

Maybe women will be allowed out (suitably dressed) to buy one for themselves!

Quite. Besides which, even if you thought their software was lacking compared to usual (which I don't think it is) there's no reason why this mass-market software is responsible. It would be more likely that even Nintendo are having trouble adapting their controller to 'proper' games.

Compared to what? The Gamecube?

Well, yes. Within a month of buying my Cube I had Resi, Monkey Ball, Luigis Mansion, Wave Race, Smash Bros, Rogue Squadron and probably a couple of other things which I now cannot remember.

But where is the evidence that it's suffering because of their efforts with more casual games? Out of all of the software they showed in the conference, one could be classified that way. Wii Fit.

That's true, however (for me, which is probably why we're not agreeing here :rolleyes:) the upcoming software doesn't ignite the Nintendo love in me like it used to. I mean there's Mario Kart/Galaxy, Metroid and Smash Bros, which I'm looking forawrd to a great deal, but other than that.. I just feel a bit.. meh :P They spent a long time in the conference just going on about the new market they've opened up, the new channels and things like Wii Fit. It just seems to me like their efforts are mostly being put into these new markets.

Anyway, I do think Nintendo are geniuses for coming up with the idea of Wii Fit. They will blatantly make a killing at retail.

This literally is an argument over nothing. Was the reaction to Home this bad?

You must be in the wrong thread, this is a debate :rolleyes:

Overall there was a negative reaction to the product being revealed which is to be expected, as therearerules pointed out in the quote above. For some reason we're all supposed to love it or we must be scared and confused at what Nintendo is trying to do, I just don't agree with that.

It's to be expected but it's a bit childish, really. I don't love that Wii Fit thing, it looks a bit stupid. But I think those brain training games look pretty stupid too. But people seem to love them, no skin off my nose.

It started off as pure sematics and just blossomed from there.

It's got to be about the show really, how we were duped into thinking their'd be some awesome annoucements. It was live on the internet ffs!

Well, yes. Within a month of buying my Cube I had Resi, Monkey Ball, Luigis Mansion, Wave Race, Smash Bros, Rogue Squadron and probably a couple of other things which I now cannot remember.

This is where we find out the cube had been out for two years when you bought one.

Well maybe there was some general misunderstanding going on on many sides, either way, i'm not that fussed about Wii-fit but I do think that the money made on these games will enable them to make more 'proper' games that we all want for the Wii.

I might be wrong, that is my opinion.

But ZOMG, they will use teh monies to keep making more of these new CASUAL 'games'! I'm going to cry into my Mario hankerchief now.

But ZOMG, they will use teh monies to keep making more of these new CASUAL 'games'! I'm going to cry into my Mario hankerchief now.

Fair enough, they might, we don't know that for sure. The DS hasn't lost out on 'traditional' nintendo games in the face of huge brain training success and all that, Phantom Hourglass looks like pure Nintendo Gold for instance.

No, that's exactly it. So fingers crossed all will be well, I'm just worrying myself :(

No, that's exactly it. So fingers crossed all will be well, I'm just worrying myself :(

saddam-sp-lg.jpg

Haaaaaaaaaaay, relax guy!

"No, that's exactly it. So fingers crossed all will be well, I'm just worrying myself"

Aren't we all.

*cries into 1-up mushroom*

I didn't want to get into a quoting war, but when I first started commenting in this thread, these were the types of comments I was thinking about. Some people do seem a bit upset and confused to me.

I'm neither upset or confused, just think it looks shit. Why are you feeling so threatened by others opinions?

This literally is an argument over nothing. Was the reaction to Home this bad?

No, because fanboys already think that Sony has defiled their hobby forever.