rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
northy

Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

Wii fit plus for Christmas and, despite my heavy cynicism and snootyness (I already run 30 or 40 miles a week in the hills and consider myself pretty fit), wii fit plus is really, really good so far.

And my wii fit age is..... +21 years :) and my weight is nearly 3 frigging stones over the ideal :(:D:D

Doesn't this all work on BMI? Sounds like your probably carrying more muscle than most iof your running that much. I can't see this being that accurate except for fatty joe average.

I got a luxury gym/health club membersip for Christmas. It has state of the art fitness machines, hot tubs, saunas etc and girls in bikinis. Wii Fit Plus is, ok, in comparison.

Doesn't this all work on BMI? Sounds like your probably carrying more muscle than most iof your running that much. I can't see this being that accurate except for fatty joe average.

The weight category stuff does. I think the Wii Fit Age is just worked out on how well you do a few balance exercises.

Its okay I'm not taking my wii fit age or BMI at all seriously. In one single day I've reduced my age from +21 to +12 years and lost two pounds :)

In your first body test doesn't it just measure your Wii Fit Age on one balance exercise? I had my first go on this yesterday and I was mildly impressed. Though it does seem less sweat-inducing than EA Sports Active.

It got my weight wrong too - gave me one extra stone. Though I suppose it did push me up into healthy weight, so I can't complain too much.

does wii fit plus carry on from wii fit (save file) for same region then?

I got wii fit like nearly a year ago and never used it, but since 1st january ive been using it nearly daily. Ive been enjoying it although bored of some of the exercises.

i have wii fit plus but lent it to a friend as i was playing the original, but im getting that back tommorrow.

Got this for crimbo and had a shot last night. Already have the original Wii Fit so i spent some time looking at the new exercises. The Segway balloon burst game is good fun, although it kills the calf muscles.

Loved the driving range. It's perfect for me as it really focuses on the worst part of my game - weight shitfing.

So its a couple of years later, does anyone actually still use this or find it of much use for exercising, losing weight etc?

My previously exercise-phobic girlfriend got it as an incentive to start exercising and now she goes to the gym several times a week and is a generally healthier, happier person. The Wii Fit exercises stopped being useful exercise for her after a point so she sold it, but I feel pretty sure it was a really useful introductory tool for her.

By contrast her mum got one and never really made use of it.