rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
northy

Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

You keep your scales in your living room? Or your wii in your bathroom?
I keep them in a cupboard downstairs. I don't have them on display and neither will I for the Wii scales.

That looks ace, and someone should be working on a port of Daley Thompson's Decathlon ASAP. Bit of a sod about the extra peripheral, but I suppose it's am omelettes and eggs situation if you want something different.

Only watched the official vid, but it's like a two sided, pressure sensitive set of scales. So in the vid, the first thing you see someone doing is balancing their weight to hold a position indicated on the screen. Then you see stuff like one-handed press ups, stretches using the wiimote etc. It's a bit like a more detailed and instructional version of the dancing boss in Wario Ware, from what I've seen.

So im at work, and all links are blocked.

What exaclty is this? what does the additional 'controller' do?

It looks like a flat 'Reebok Step' step type thing, a board which you stand on, which is split into 4 quarters with seperate weight sensors in each one. So as well as acting as a scale, it can also detect how you shift your weight around from left to right / forwards and backwards. From that they've got games like balancing on different feet, hula hoops, leaning forward to head footballs thrown at you, doing press ups, simple dancing games etc., then measuring how your weight changes over time.

Presumably it would also be usable in a surfing / snowboarding type game.

Only watched the official vid, but it's like a two sided, pressure sensitive set of scales. So in the vid, the first thing you see someone doing is balancing their weight to hold a position indicated on the screen. Then you see stuff like one-handed press ups, stretches using the wiimote etc. It's a bit like a more detailed and instructional version of the dancing boss in Wario Ware, from what I've seen.

ah, I see. Thanks for that.

So these scales can actually measure your weight accurately too?

Im thinking some sort of daily training plan, with graph tracking your weight loss etc.

It's like a set of scales with markings for feet/hands. It can measure weight distribution so can work out where you are applying pressure, and so how you are standing. It uses this in conjunction with loads of fitness games and demonstrations in order to make people fit. Fin.

So im at work, and all links are blocked.

What exaclty is this? what does the additional 'controller' do?

celeb_scales.jpg

Pretty much the additional controller.

...is it just me that thinks this looks utter rubbish and a complete waste of time?

I just dont get where Im supposed to have fun from this? I'd rather get fit by getting on my real bike and going for a ride...

To be honest, I'm a little out of shape... I have an exercise bike that I don't use, this walker thing that me and my misses thought would be good... it wasn't. I bought a bike, only to discover I'm very much a fair-weather only type of guy. We had a rowing machine... didn't get on with it...

-_-

Perhaps this will be my salvation! I love games, I liked brain training... if it gave me a workout three or four times a week (or even GASP on a daily basis) then I might actually... get around to do some like... REAL exercise! Shocked!

Will almost certainly buy this just to see it if it does what it says on the tin.

Plus, they would be best placed (in the Western world) releasing this on Jan 1st 08, that's when the diet/get fit industry goes MAAAAAD!

...is it just me that thinks this looks utter rubbish and a complete waste of time?

Do you man for nintendo or gamers? Because nintendo will sweep up with this, but it's not for gamers so that kind of response is expected, and certainly not incorrect.

Do you man for nintendo or gamers? Because nintendo will sweep up with this, but it's not for gamers so that kind of response is expected, and certainly not incorrect.

Of course it's for gamers. What a stupid thing to say.

Shit.... I have issues (see some other post ages ago) and now I'm not a gamer either :D

Oh and I'm being bullied online too...

It sucks being me

-_-

Of course it's for gamers. What a stupid thing to say.

Fine, not aimed at traditional gamers then. Jesus. The point still stands- most people who consider themselves gamers will think Wii Fit is boring and pointless, but Nintendo will sweep up with it.

You keep your scales in your living room? Or your wii in your bathroom?

I always keep my wii (wee) in the bathroom LOL!!

My initial thoughts are...

1)Could you really lose weight using this? The exercises displayed didn't seem too demanding. Would be ace if you could do running on it.

2) Running on it, very possible apart from the fact that I bet REALLY fat people can't stand on this nevermind run on it? wonder what the limits will be?

3) I want to see games that combine this with the remote and nunchuck!

Fine, not aimed at traditional gamers then. Jesus. The point still stands- most people who consider themselves gamers will think Wii Fit is boring and pointless, but Nintendo will sweep up with it.
Why are people so keen to try to make this meaningless separation between 'traditional' games and 'non-traditional' games? Of course, I know why marketing people want to do it.

And, no, your point doesn't stand at all. Lot's of gamers will really enjoy Wii Fit.

Why are people so keen to try to make this meaningless separation between 'traditional' games and 'non-traditional' games? Of course, I know why marketing people want to do it.

And, no, your point doesn't stand at all. Lot's of gamers will really enjoy Wii Fit.

Because there is a seperation. I'm not using it to prove a point or claim a winner, there is a seperation and I don't know why people would pretend there isn't. And some gamers will like Wii Fit, yeah, but most won't.

This could make good use of the wiis WIFI abilities. average weights etc, maybe per country like 'everybody votes'

probably wont though.

hmm, the headering looked the worst bit. You could sort of do that same thing in wii sports.

Could you?

You could do it in Wario Ware. You could do the Hulaing in Wario Ware as well. And have a dance. It was far too complex a game for the market this is aimed at though.

I always keep my wii (wee) in the bathroom LOL!!

My initial thoughts are...

3) I want to see games that combine this with the remote and nunchuck!

Snowboarding, skateboarding and surfing... in fact bring on California Games!

Because there is a seperation. I'm not using it to prove a point or claim a winner, there is a seperation and I don't know why people would pretend there isn't. And some gamers will like Wii Fit, yeah, but most won't.

Okay, what is the separation?

And why will most gamers dislike it? Most gamers I know love things like Singstar, Buzz, Guitar Heroes and DDR.

well - predictably - I'm looking forward to it.

I think Nintendo are also pretty brave to make this their big showcase. They KNOW there's going to be WTFs all over the online community - and I think that's part of the point.

Gaming is no longer JUST about us... I think that was one of the key messages of the conference.