rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
northy

Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

I just watched that video- yeah, this is going to sell incredible amounts. Just none to me.

my neighbour is the a recent wii convert and he loves it. Not a hardcore gamer at all - mainly bought it for Wii sports... I showed him a video of this and he's absoloutely sold.

Just imagine the TV coverage this is going to get... all of it positive.

I wonder if the control board thing will be robust enough to cope with having a fat bastard like me jumping onto it repeatedly

Really keen to see this. Just watched the trailer for it at the Nintendo website and thought it looked pretty good. Then again, depends on pricing doesn't it.

my neighbour is the a recent wii convert and he loves it. Not a hardcore gamer at all - mainly bought it for Wii sports... I showed him a video of this and he's absoloutely sold.

It absolutely amazes me how every single one of your associates fits so perfectly into the non-gamer Wii demographic, and thus are a perfect examples of how Nintendo's strategy is working.

scotted3.jpg

Every single person Scottcr knows, yesterday.

It absolutely amazes me how every single one of your associates fits so perfectly into the non-gamer Wii demographic, and thus are a perfect examples of how Nintendo's strategy is working.

scotted3.jpg

well - he is gay.

-_-

scotted3.jpg

isn't he his neighbour? In the same way as "I have this mate how has a problem" kind of way?

Does it come withthe minamilist 21st C apartment and optional asian looking yoga lady? If so it'll do well with an entirely different demographic!

The black man is just out of site, fetching some soft drinks with his grandma.

OUTED!

:D

oh - I do know a fair few who haven't touched their Wiis since finishing Zelda.

You do yes. -_-

Still - Mazza Gazza eh?

tell you what though... I hate those typically american PC 'wii homes' that Nintendo use. Everyone so politcally correct and happy and smiling... argh... arghhhh.

Sales +1, haters. This looks fucking great. I've been trying to motivate myself to get fit for ages, and this looks just the ticket. 2008 though? I could be dead by then.

Time Crisis/House of the Dead/Virtua Cop/Crisis Zone Wii please with the Zapper and this board. It'd be pretty damn amazing.

As for Wii Fit? It'll sell fuckloads but doesn't interest me in the slightest.

as a TRUE HARDCORE GAMER (!!111) i want to puke my intestines out of my eyes over this.

i mean, HOW DARE nintendo make a product that my mum and sister might like!!

with the current dearth of dark futuristic FPS games, driving games etc on all formats, you'd think they'd at least CONSIDER US!!!!

I can understand why people here won't have a great deal of interest in this. I mean, I got bored with Wii Sports and Play within a couple of days of Wii ownership and view most non-games is novelties that hold little interest for me.

But then again, I bought Brain Age on a whim and put more time into that that many AAA 'normal' games. I can see Wii Fit hitting the same strangely compelling spot as Brain Age. Not for ever, but if it gives a month or two of regular playing, it will give a higher return of fun for the cost than a lot of games give me.

what about a good warioware just and only based on the new thingie?

I think the problem with the wii warioware is that the controler is way too open and warioware was allways about doing crazy things with very limited input.

All they need to do is print: "Wii Fit!" "99.9% Fat Free" on the cover and they'll sell a gazillion copies to the army of diet-addicts who want to try a new, trendy (Wii is trendy with the metro crowd, yeah?), insta-chubbiness-fix.

Marketed in the right way, probably along the lines of their existing "affluent, trendy, social" demographic target, it's a guaranteed success.

Yeah but I don't care about them making money, blah, blah, blah - I want great games like they used to make.

So what's wrong with Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Kart? Genuine question.

Official Nintendo stuff...

http://e3.nintendo.com/wii_fit.html

Looks great, you bunch of miserable, overweight gaming nerds. -_-

Seeing as there are a few mini-game (oh noes!!!!111!) activities - that Super Monkey Ball type game where the ball fell into the hole, for instance - I can see some great drunken fun ahead.

Anyway, how about a 1080 snowboarding game with that? Looks like it could handle it easily.

Seeing as there are a few mini-game (oh noes!!!!111!) activities - that Super Monkey Ball type game where the ball fell into the hole, for instance - I can see some great drunken fun ahead.

Next up at wiihaveaproblem.com: "no longer is your furniture threatened solely by flying wii remotes but also people falling on it" -_-

Can't say I'm that excited by this, but the moment either of my daughters see that clip of Miis with hula hoops, I'm going to have to get it.

Not too keen on yet more controllers cluttering up the living room.

Not too keen on yet more controllers cluttering up the living room.

Makes no difference to me because I'll just get rid of my digital scales, so no extra controller really.

The only thing that worries me is that the game seems extremely pedestrian. Hopefully you can really step up the difficultly levels; shame it doesn't come with a heart monitor.

The only thing that worries me is that the game seems extremely pedestrian. Hopefully you can really step up the difficultly levels; shame it doesn't come with a heart monitor.

I would imagine so, think of the difficulty settings and whatnot in Wii Sports, I imagine they wouldn't want to put off potential buyers by making it look like too much hard work so early on.