Sign in to follow this  
northy

Wii Fit + Wii Fit Plus

What do you mean 'you think it's going to be great', that you're actually going to enjoy "playing" it, or that it's going to sell well?

I think the latter is pretty much a certainty but God knows what Nintendo think they're doing by spending half their E3 conference talking about something 5% of their audience are going to be interested in.

What do you mean 'you think it's going to be great', that you're actually going to enjoy "playing" it, or that it's going to sell well?

What do you think?

I think the latter is pretty much a certainty but God knows what Nintendo think they're doing by spending half their E3 conference talking about something 5% of their audience are going to be interested in.

5% of their conventional audience, but it'll appeal a lot to a wider audience worried about their health, such as most of North America.

5% of their conventional audience, but it'll appeal a lot to a wider audience worried about their health, such as most of North America.

I meant the audience watching the show. Does your mum watch E3?

It was pointless to spend more than 2 minutes telling us about it, never mind giving us a 10 minute demo.

I need to know what king of 'games' it features. So far it measures BMI, centre of gravity and there is a fotball heading game and dancing/aerobics type thing. Anything else I missed ?

It's going to have very wide appeal and probably sell very well, but what percentage of their audience know what E3 is. I'm sure the majority of journalists and such at E3 work for gaming-related news sources. The audience that they are hoping to reach aren't going to know about it until it reaches the mainstream media. It just seems a bit odd to me that they would spend so much time on it at E3, they could have shown a playtest of mario kart or something.

Edit:

Yeh, this.

This is gonna do pretty darn well sales wise I reckon.

It's gonna be HUGE. Make no mistake, it'll outsell stuff like COD4 by about five to one.

However, I'll be one of the ones playing COD4. Not interested in wibbleboard yoga.

It was pointless to spend more than 2 minutes telling us about it, never mind giving us a 10 minute demo.

ah right, I think it'll appeal to the retailers that'll be there in a 'this will make us some cash' sense, maybe to some developers, but not really to too many.

I agree they could have used the time for other stuff.

I can see this being optionally used in conjunction with the Wiimote, Zapper and Wheel at some point. Proper interface overload if you want it, or simple for the casuals. Scalability of immersion is what they are after (hence the 3 Metroid settings and EA's family mode) and it's going to be a massive success.

The thing I like about this (going by the trailer at least) is that it doesn't look like you'll need a tremendous amount of room. I had Eyetoy Kinetic and whilst excellent, I found I didn't have enough space for it despite having a fairly big room.

Did they announce a release date for it BTW?

North America aint worried about their health hence why there a load of tubbies around these shores.

Wii hit.

I remember when Nintendo were about games not breaking in to the mass market.

Well they seem to be doing both pretty well, and they're actually making money, which is more than can be said of their competitors.

lots of 'gamers' will be going mental at this... but Wii Fit will sell more than any other game we see at this E3.

I predict it's going to be absoloutely huge.

Yeah but I don't care about them making money, blah, blah, blah - I want great games like they used to make.

But they are. There's all the new versions of their biggest franchises, it's not as if they've dropped making gamey games. They seem to be doing both. And if they didn't make money they couldn't make games at all could they?

Yeah but I don't care about them making money, blah, blah, blah - I want great games like they used to make.

Yep, hopefully the bright side to all of this is some returns to us in the forms of some new titles.