Sony E3 Conference

CactuarBill

This industry is fucked. I'd trade every game featured in that conference for Mario Galaxy. Kill Zone 2 looks very beautiful but I am tired of the same old combat with the same old limitations. Shadows and GFX confetti everywhere do not entertain me anymore. Might as well watch animated movies.

I always find these things a bit overwhelming, and it's difficult to process everything I've seen, but it strikes me that Sony have gone very 'hardcore' with the PS3 stuff. Most everything seemed aimed at young men who want to pretend to be soldiers. More so the usual. More Microsoft really. What happened to that amazing breadth and variety we had on PS2?

.::: It has to build up. That never happened with the PS2 immediately as well, or the PS1.

This industry is fucked. I'd trade every game featured in that conference for Mario Galaxy. Kill Zone 2 looks very beautiful but I am tired of the same old combat with the same old limitations. Shadows and GFX confetti everywhere do not entertain me anymore. Might as well watch animated movies.

I've not seen MS offerings but from Nintendo and Sony I'm interested by Wii Fit, Little Big Planet and GT5.

I've not seen MS offerings but from Nintendo and Sony I'm interested by Wii Fit, Little Big Planet and GT5.

Little Big Planet looks wonderful, but I doubt I'll buy a PS3 for absolutely ages to play it. Wii Fit looks fun, but I know just going for a jog would be far better for me and I wouldn't spend £10 a week on athlete's foot medication.

Did sony have some good games? Yea from the looks of it

Did they pull out all the increidbly stops and suprises they really needed?

Did they fuck.

It could have been worse. I've not watched the feed itself, but there doesn't seem to have been any complete cock ups like they had last year. Amazing? No. Good enough? perhaps

Will it explode sales? Not in the short term, but the price drop will help and some of the games are certainly capable of at least getting some second glances when they actually manage to get released.

.::: It has to build up. That never happened with the PS2 immediately as well, or the PS1.

Aye, perhaps. Watching that presentation I just got the feeling that Microsoft had tricked Sony into trying to be Microsoft. Leaving the field wide open for Nintendo to hoover up everyone who isn't an 14-24 year old male.

1784979_12e994832f_m.jpg

Any excuse to spread the loveliness.

Oh that looks fucking ADORABLE.

I quit reading the Nintendo E3 thread halfway because this was starting, it seems I have to get back there.

Overall I think Sony showed some good stuff, a LOT of meh stuff and at this moment in time nothing that would make me get a PS3. However, if a mix of games like Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, InFamous and GT5 truly deliver, I might be tempted. Sony hasn't sold it to me yet though.

What happened to that amazing breadth and variety we had on PS2?

LittleBigPlanet?

Anyway, it took a LONG time for the variety to come to PS2. However, I think it'll come to the PS3 quicker thanks to PSN. I can see plenty of quirky, riskier games coming out for PS3 through that. Echochrome or whatever it's called, being one.

Trailers and games out tomorrow on PSN for:

- Feel Ski (SCEJ) - PSN game

- Folklore (SCEJ)

- High Velocity Bowling (SCEA) - PSN game

- Killzone 2 (SCEE)

- Little Big Planet (SCEE)

- Pain (SCEA) - PSN game

- Wipeout HD (SCEE) - PSN game

- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (SCEA)