I saw the pilot for this show a while back, was very funny.

It's basically a guy making prank phone calls, illustrated with amusing animation. That sounds a bit crap but it is good honest!

Disclaimer: The pilot was funny, I guess this is a full series starting and might not be funny

Best bit is when he puts on a nigerian accent and rings banks asking for "the moneys" :)

Yea the pilot was great, this time last year I think it was. This was very funny too, the character asking to buy the Mazerati and the Flatline ones were the funniest.

Not so keen on the 'real' prank calls its not as funny without the animations or being able to see the victim. Definately be watching next week.

Thought it was terrible. Too poor for me to watch for more than the 1st half. It gave me that embarrassed, uncomfortable feeling that I got from watching Bo Selecta.

The guy phoning the restaurant with his wife in the straw hat was pretty funny.

That Terry Tibbs character would be funny if it wasn't a complete lift of The Jerky Boy's Frank Rizzo character.

That Terry Tibbs character would be funny if it wasn't a complete lift of The Jerky Boy's Frank Rizzo character.

You what? They're both people, but the similarity doesn't go much further than that. You may as well say that I'm a complete lift of Frank Rizzo.

I was out, but I'd been looking forward to this ever since I saw that Terry Tibbs advert, the Maserati one. 'I'll give you a little wiggly-wig...' :(

I bet that every time someone in the media suggests some sort of 'phone prank' humour, some miserable sod pipes up with 'What's the point? The Jerky Boys did it so much better.' What these people don't know is that when the Jerky Boys were toying around with the idea of doing some sort of 'phone prank' humour, some miserable sod piped up with 'What's the point? Noel Edmonds on Radio One in 1977 did it so much better.' And it's true, he did.

The whole thing is better suited for radio rather than TV I think.

Yeah, I think it was the awkward, forced, redundant visuals which most stopped me watching.

I guess it's no coincidence that my favourite sketch actually showed the phone guy on camera looking through the restaurant window, and the reaction of the people inside. Staged or not, this was funny. The timed animations weren't.

Yeah, they work well on a 30 second advert. They get very annoying after 5 minutes.

nah, the animations are what made it for me. it helped with the ridiculous characterisation.

it was the live action bits i found the weakest.

much love. goodnight.

It'll be Catherine Tate & Little Britain all r again - the same jokes repeated week after week.

Dont care it makes me laugh a hell of a lot more than either of those shows managed. Case in point the flat renting sketch and the Cinema sketch.

It'll be Catherine Tate & Little Britain all r again - the same jokes repeated week after week.

Fucking funny though.

JVC LCD TV made my chest hurt.

The Jerky Boy's Frank Rizzo character.

Hmm, the whole thing is very Jerky Boys, but I don't think he's very Rizzo like. Didn't ask to play with his cock, for instance.

I also think the animations are half the humour. My favourite character - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eet_Y45jPsI

Case in point the flat renting sketch and the Cinema sketch.

Exactly. The show is fucking hilarious, it's as simple as that. Although nothing has topped last week's 'I stretch your canvas, 'cos I got the girth' guy.

Not as funny tonight as last week I don't think, the Terry Tibbs is the only quality character that seems to work consistently regardless of the persons reaction. Most of the other chracters imparticular the 'DFS' 'LCD' Arab guy is very reliant on the victim staying on the line and getting gradually more and more angry (which is what happened tonight with the Joovc)

Wooden Ladders...Talk to me.