IGNORED

Tennis

Miner Willy

Not surprised people for like him when he's blasting balls that hard and close to his opponent.

Really? Murray did exactly the same thing to Federer in last year's final and everyone said how great it was that he's learning from Lendl. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic; if you don't like it then don't overhit dropshots.

Really? Murray did exactly the same thing to Federer in last year's final and everyone said how great it was that he's learning from Lendl. It's a perfectly legitimate tactic; if you don't like it then don't overhit dropshots.

Exactly and if he hadn't done it he'd have gifted Murray the point.

Murray & Richardson

He may not have been impressed by the line of questioning but Murray later suggested the criticism aimed at Richardson on various media was unnecessary.

Murray wrote on Twitter: "Don't be too hard on garry richardson he had a bad day and he apologised afterwards.

Good game plan from Murray, the man has one hell of a serve and some very fast ground strokes but lacks the craft of Murray et al - not my style of player but then Roddick made the most of a similar game with some added personality - maybe the bond villain is his angle!!!

Not surprised people for like him when he's blasting balls that hard and close to his opponent.

No way, i always use that example when answering people who thought Henman was a bad player - he was a great player but just lacked a bit of ruthlessness that the best have, he wouldn't want to play that shot and learned to but it wasn't his killer instinct. I love a player that will aim for the body, he was getting boo'd because of his other histrionics and constant whining and looking perplexed at decisions but not calling on them!

The radio coverage is terrible!

I dunno, on the drives home I've been really enjoying Ivanisevic's bizarre non-sequiturs and general stopping halfway through sentences just to see how the others try and react to it. Beats the shit out of Henman's Shearer-eqsue banality, anyway.

The matches today were both excellent as far as I'm concerned, but in very different ways. The first was obviously the better of the two just because it had more actual tennis in it, two titans duelling to the death it seemed like at times. I'd never have given del Potro a chance with a dodgy knee against the scampering genius of Djokovic, but it didn't seem to bother him too much especially once he started necking the painkillers. The reach of both of them, especially Djokovic, was incredible at times but del Potro just would not give up even though he knew he was up against it. He had to be perfect just to stretch the Serb but stretch he did, in fact they both did. I don't think I've seen so many returns, er, returned no matter how wide they were being pushed. A shame someone had to lose.

In contrast, the latter match was a much more staccato affair which seems fair enough when you see the size and the serve of Janowicz. Incredible, even the second serves were around 115mph more often than not. It's a great testament to Murray's game to see how few aces he allowed though, Janowicz has managed over 100 for the tournament but his average dropped mightily in this game. Murray could rarely do much with them, but at least he was getting to them no matter what - in fact, he had about double the amount of aces himself. If the Pole had the same work ethic maybe he could've won, certainly he's got the touch - a lot of those drop shots he did were brilliantly executed, although he did go a bit overboard on it at times when he'd have been better off with a more solid shot - a wiser head on his shoulders would work wonders for sure.

So, who to take the final? Before the semis I'd have said Djokovic to edge it, but now I'm possibly pushing over to the Murray side given the intelligence he showed today that I've not seen much of before - and he'll certainly need that.

I've been at a frigging wedding all day. Caught most of sets 4 and 5 of the Djokovic match and the 1st of Murray's. What I saw, and from what I've heard, it was a brilliant day of tennis.

Bloody sisters. Hopefully it's all on iPlayer.