rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Steve007

'Terminator 4 Epic Trailer'

He seems a strange choice. If this is to be a trilogy that means he will go from one massive trilogy to another with no gap. Bale doesn't strike me as that sort of actor as he likes doing The Machinist and Rescue Dawn type films in-between. It isn't even like Terminator 4 is being made by a director that he would be dying to work with (which was the case with Batman and Nolan).

Dont you watch Entourage? You make one studio film and then one arty film. Bale will abviously be making films in between these, just like for Batman. Since begins we've had The Prestige and 3.10 to yuma. Both fucking awesome.

Bale looks to be a geek like us, although better looking. With girlfriends. And talent. And Social skills etc.

Christian Bale (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins) has been cast as John Connor in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Why can't I actually believe that this is true. I just don't see Bale agreeing to another franchise, it's just too much to believe really.

Oh and is that really the title?

Well it's been confirmed that he's in negotiations for the role. I've also read that the role of Connor will be much smaller in T4 and that the film may focus on another character rather than Connor. Just speculation though. I guess it still doesn't mean than Bale will take the role but it's a step closer than McG just issuing a wish list of cast he'd like.

-------------------------------------------

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainme...tertainmentNews

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Christian Bale is in negotiations to star in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," the fourth installment of the hit science fiction series.

McG ("Charlie's Angels," "We Are Marshall") is directing the movie, which will be distributed by Warner Bros.

The series, which originated with filmmaker James Cameron and made Arnold Schwarzenegger a star, centered on a robot from the future, when machines wage war against humanity, whose goal was to kill Sarah Connor, the mother of the future leader of the human resistance. As the movies progressed, the son, played by Edward Furlong in "T2" and Nick Stahl in "T3," took a more prominent role.

"T4's" story, by David Campbell Wilson, John Brancato and Michael Ferris, focuses on John Connor, now in his 30s, as he leads what is left of the human race against the machines.

Bale, who appeared this year in "3:10 to Yuma," "Rescue Dawn" and "I'm Not There," is currently filming Warner's "Batman Begins" sequel, "The Dark Knight."

In one of the T3 games (actually one of the good ones) John gets killed by the Terminator in the opening sequence, leaving his now wife to take charge with the reprogrammed Terminator.

Knew I'd seen it somewhere - From Joblo.com

However, there seemed to be some question as to whether Bale would play postapocalyptic hero John Connor, an advanced UK model of Terminator, or a completely new character to the franchise.

CHUD has cast some light on the specifics: Bale is apparently playing Connor, although it is essentially a "supporting role" and that the new flick features a different character on the front lines, with Connor more of a metal-masher of legend. The theory is that this would require less of a time commitment from Bale, but still puts a genre-friendly face on the man we've been hearing so much about since Reese bopped back through time almost a quarter-century ago (or from now -- damn chronal paradoxes!).

That's the thing I never understood about T3. Arnie tells John that he's the one that kills him, yet at the start of the movie it shows John standing on a mountain cheering because he's won the war. Hows that work then?

Well, when that moment happened. Connor's voiceover said something like "I would lead the human race to ultimate victory". Sod it, I can't be arsed to think about it.

Bit more info from Variety

Christian Bale, cyborg foe.

Thesp is closing in on the role of John Connor in Warner Bros.' reboot of the "Terminator" franchise.

Project puts Bale in two consecutive summer tentpoles for the studio: He will reprise his role as the Caped Crusader in "The Dark Knight" next summer, followed by "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" in summer 2009.

Bale will play Connor, now in his 30s, in the fourth installment of the "Terminator" franchise, to be set in the future. McG is directing the project, skedded for an April start in Budapest.

Bale has been rumored to be involved in the project for weeks, but there had been conflicting reports about his role.

Warners picked up North American distribution rights to "Terminator Salvation" in October. International rights are still open; Sony has first rights to those. Privately funded Halcyon is producing with former Intermedia CEO Moritz Borman; Borman, who exec produced "T3," teamed with Halcyon to acquire the rights to the franchise from ex-Carolco partners Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar (Daily Variety, Oct. 10).

More than one option

Producers intend the project to be the first in a trilogy reinventing the franchise. It's not clear whether Arnold Schwarzenegger will appear in it. The Terminator role made him into a star, but he's now busy running the state of California; his role in "T3" was his last.

Bale, who appears as one of the Bob Dylan personas in "I'm Not There," toggles between tentpoles and more serious-minded fare. He's stepping into a role played by Nick Stahl and Edward Furlong (as a young Connor) in earlier installments of the "Terminator" franchise.

Bale also is attached to "Killing Pablo," one of two projects about the late Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar.

That's the thing I never understood about T3. Arnie tells John that he's the one that kills him, yet at the start of the movie it shows John standing on a mountain cheering because he's won the war. Hows that work then?

Likely they'd just destroyed Skynet, only according to the books there were still many thousands of Terminators independent of Skynet's support, and in the field, when this happened. A huge victory, but they would've needed to continue to fight for years afterward regardless. [/geek]

Hmm, Connor not the main star then. Hopefully this means it focusses on Kyle Reese's early experiences; the fate of his parents, first battles with Terminators, his brief meetings with Connor, and how he comes by Sarah's photo.

( All touched on in T2: Future War )

CHUD have some info on characters and the story of T4 and beyond. Of course some of the info contains spoilers and could be total rubbish.

When Ain't It Cool broke the story that Christian Bale was in Terminator 4, playing John Connor, one of my sources became confused. That couldn't be true, I was told - John Connor is barely in the movie. Turns out that it's true, and that yes, John Connor is barely in the movie. Over the last week I have been gathering some details about Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, and while I am trying to steer clear of serious spoiler material, people who don't want to know anything about this movie should step away from the computer right now.

John Connor is not the main character of Terminator 4; that character is someone named Marcus. Marcus was put 'out of commission' before the nuclear holocaust on Judgment Day and he wakes up about 15 years before the future we see in the original Terminator films, which puts the movie at about 2015 or so. Marcus is a bad ass - think along the lines of Riddick - and what he finds is a blasted world filled with horror. Radiation poisoning, starvation, rampant jaywalking - all the things you expect post-apocalypse. There's also John Connor, who is trying to build a utopian society while running the human resistance.

Connor's role is apparently bigger in the second film; whoever they hire for Marcus (my understanding is that the part is not yet cast) will be around for all three films. Terminator 4 is going to be the most male-centric of all the Terminator films, but there is a butt busting female character by the name of Blair, a pilot for the human resistance.

They're going to need some buttkickers, because the scope of the action in Terminator 4 is HUGE. Lots of machine action in this film, including some battles with the T-600s. Yup, the rubber skin Terminators. And there's another familiar character that shows up - Reese shows up in a scene with John Connor. I don't know what his involvement in the next two films will be, though.

Finally, here's a story point that's probably a legitimate spoiler (although it's sort of the main crux around which the story revolves, so it will probably get blown in the advertising), so I'll invisotext this stuff:

A big aspect of the story is the degrees of difference between a human and a Terminator. By which I mean cyborgs. By which I mean human brains in robot bodies.

I've gathered this info from a number of different sources, and while they all have different takes on the material (all mostly positive, with one of my sources saying that the story is great and that the action promises to be incredible), they all bring up one point of comparison: The Matrix films. Make of that what you will. For me, the information I've gotten - including really spoilery stuff I won't inflict on you - has gotten me jazzed. This film feels like it could be epic and erase the taste of the workmanlike T3 from my mouth. Let's hope McG can pull this off.