The Worst Scene In Movie History

linkster

Ocean's 12:

Matt Damon's character tells Julia Roberts character:

"You look like her. Julia Roberts"

That line totally took me out of the movie.

I'll have to disagree but only becuase that bit was trumped in the next scene by Bruce Willis (playing himself) turning up and thinking that Julia Roberts character was actually Julia Roberts and then having a discussion with her about one of his kids leaving something at her house.

What a pile of SHIT :)

I suppose the bit where Darth Vader (or Anakin Skywalker, or whatever) goes "NOoooooooooooooo!" at the end of Star Wars Part 3 (as we are damned to call it forevermore) while shaking his fist helplessly in true Blakey-from-On-The-Buses-fashion (or am I misremembering that bit?) should probably count. I've only seen it once, and I still have to awkwardly scratch the back of my neck and think about something else whenever I'm reminded of it.

All I wanted or expected from this film was for Lucas to not fuck Vader up in any way. With the above scene and by allowing a stupid Orange advert with Vader in it to be shown before the film he fucked that up completly.

Roll on Indy 4 :)

The bit at the end of "Silent Hill" when the little girl explains the entire plot over about ten minutes. I was awe struck.

o/\o

Also, "Let us rock this cave, to send a message to the machines...WE ARE NOT AFRAAAAAIIIIDDD!!!!1111!!1ONE"

But perhaps that's too obvious.

Keira Knightley's rallying speech in Pirates of the Caribbean. I felt embarrassed for her, it was so appalling

Is that in the third film, not seen that yet. Most of her lines seemed to be really bad, and just embarassing to watch.

I remember from the first one her saying something along the lines of "You think that's pianful, try wearing a corset". No one in the packed cinema even slightly laughed. It just felt embarassing and wrong.

Nobody's mentioned the real worst scene from the Star Wars prequels.

Anakin: You look sooo beautiful!

Padme: Only because I'm so in love!

Anakin: No, it is because I am so in love with you!

DIE

The bit in Halloween: Resurrection where Busta Rhymes crashes through a door with his foot, revving a chainsaw and yelling "Trick or treat, motherfucker!" was scream-worthy for all the wrong reasons.

Ocean's 12:

Matt Damon's character tells Julia Roberts character:

"You look like her. Julia Roberts"

That line totally took me out of the movie.

That whole scene, when Bruce turned-up was cetainly the most cringe-worthy and embarrassing piece of film ever committed to celluoid. I could feel myself flushing and turning red, it was that bad.

Of course, the whole film was utter shit too, but that's not really the point.

From Spiderman 2:

The bit where he has stopped the subway car (awesome) and then they carry him though the car and are all like "we won't tell anyone!" that was painful misery. Like getting the greatest blowjob ever, then getting a surprise snowball.

Or the Bon Jovi video ending, fucksake.

I actually liked that scene, I felt it showed some acceptance and understanding of his plight by the folks on the street. Quite touching.

The scene that most undermined the whole of the film that had preceded it was, for me, the last few seconds of Angel Heart.

This also makes it my Worst Scene Ever in context, as I really loved that film, and the last utterly insane, completely unnecessary shot was like a hammer blow of stupidity of such unexpected proportions I was literally speechless as I left the cinema.

I'm not going to say what it was - not so much to contain a spoiler as to avoid PTSD - but you'll remember if you've seen it. Oh, you will remember.

I had the gross mispleasure of seeing a few minutes of Scooby Doo 2 yesterday, it was the sequence where Scooby dances in a bar. Horrific. Probably a good thing I saw it actually, lessened the impact on some of the more cringeworthy moments in Dr Who.

Also the Architecht in Matrix 2 was awful.