IGNORED

Boot Sales 9th-10th June

frood42

The boot sale season must be at its peak as the past few weekends have been really good (must be the weather)

Todays finds:

Saturn:

Tilt

D

HI-Octain

PS1:

Micro Maniacs

Divers Dream

Dreamcast:

Wild Metal

PS2: All 'Promo Only' discs, £3 for all 12 :(

Dark Chronicle

Draken: The Ancient's Gate

WRC 3

Smash Court Tennis Pro Tour 2

Amplitude

I-Ninja

Syphon Filter The Omega Strain

Vampire Night

Klonoa 2

Primal

Space Channel 5

Dog's Life

Loose Carts:

Micro Machines - MD

Yoshi's Universal Gravitation - GBA

Pokemon Green - (Jap Pirate cart)

Kid Dracula - GB

The Flintstones - GB

R-Type - GB

Tale Spin - GB

Power Drive - SNES

A boxed GBA movie player cart - £1

I got;

Boxed Dreamcast with 2 controllers - doesn't work, boo! £5

9 Fighting Fantasy Books - £1.50

Risk Boardgame £1

Annoyed about the Dreamcast, as I never owned one and was looking forward to catching up with the back catalogue.

Hmm, it could be related to the random rebooting. As its dead anyways, open it up and remove the power board, clean the contacts (the top part pulls away from the bottom part) and see if that fixes it. Can't make it any worse.

No games but i picked up a lovely Psion series 7 PDA/Laptop for £8.

Nicer still thats its worth £130-140 on ebay

Oh those fucking rock, I was seriously in 2 minds as to let mine go to Ebay but I badly needed the cash at the turn of the year.

These threads are worthless without pictures.

Funnily they've been doing ok for about 4 years without your input here and for a long time before that in various other discuss forums...

Should I have put a fucking winky after it? Here have it now isntead :(

Maybe, this place is so fucking miserable some days I've lost count of who's serious and who's not.

Anyway, just for you:

5391247580359c6f315bzd6.jpg

Oh those fucking rock, I was seriously in 2 minds as to let mine go to Ebay but I badly needed the cash at the turn of the year.

Indeed its a lovely little machine. Pity it doesn't really do much these days. Can't see being able to get a wireless card and firefox running on it (if i could i'd keep it)

I had a mixed bag. See my thread about scratched Wii discs in ATF...

Aside from that -

6 cassette boxes to hold retro tapes I'm amassing, £3.

Ashes 2005 Top Trumps - 50p

A dictionary from 1905 - 50p

"Dixit" the dictionary board game - £1.05 (Hur. Hur. "Dixit")

The stuff you might be interested in:

Mad Maestro for the PS2 - £2

Dreamcast with pad (both working!) - £1

Boxed World Cup Football C64, two joysticks, tape player (all working!) - £5

Rayman Raving Rabbits - £10 (scratched, not loading)

Sonic and the Secret Wings - £10 (scratched, not loading)

Plastic crate with ZX Spectrum, Spectrum +3 and about 30 games - £1

Cribbing leads and a plug from elsewhere, the ZX Spectrum seems to be faulty as it only shows a flash of colour when loading up. Haven't got any leads for the +3 so no idea about that.

Out of interest how much are people paying for Gameboy carts these days ?

All the ones I come across are going for £2-£4 unboxed.

Ok £2.00 isnt that much but when you consider that most PS1 games go for a quid, and theres no real collectors market for GB stuff I wonder why they still seem to have a percieved value by sellers?

Ok £2.00 isnt that much but when you consider that most PS1 games go for a quid, and theres no real collectors market for GB stuff I wonder why they still seem to have a percieved value by sellers?

The GB carts I picked up on Sunday were £1.50 each from a non-dealers table. The prices on the dealers tables usually range from £2-£3.50

Loads of "little girls" (a sweeping statement) still play Gameboy games. Most have moved onto a PS2 at home though I think.

The GB carts I picked up on Sunday were £1.50 each from a non-dealers table. The prices on the dealers tables usually range from £2-£3.50

At least the prices I'm getting are fairly universal then.

Loads of "little girls" (a sweeping statement) still play Gameboy games. Most have moved onto a PS2 at home though I think.

I guess a lot of kids are still using SP's and even GBA's which would also explain why I see so few GBA games aound too.

and theres no real collectors market for GB stuff I wonder why they still seem to have a percieved value by sellers?

The collectors market is for mint boxed arcade conversions and ports of games that were available on other consoles and computers, also early "franchise" games. You're looking at titles like Dig-Dug, Mr Do, King of Fighters, but if they are unboxed the value takes a major hit.

Anything Nintendo is perceved to have a worth, it's a brand, it's the closest thing to a disney gamings got therefore you'll get the women after them as well whether to collect or to buy to sell and the opportunists who'd otherwise stick to DVd's, CD's and maybe ps2 stuff as it's what they can turn around.

The collectors market is for mint boxed arcade conversions and ports of games that were available on other consoles and computers, also early "franchise" games. You're looking at titles like Dig-Dug, Mr Do, King of Fighters, but if they are unboxed the value takes a major hit.

Anything Nintendo is perceved to have a worth, it's a brand, it's the closest thing to a disney gamings got therefore you'll get the women after them as well whether to collect or to buy to sell and the opportunists who'd otherwise stick to DVd's, CD's and maybe ps2 stuff as it's what they can turn around.

Really? Was there only 1 version of Dig Dug on the GB? With a remake version of the game on it?

Anyway, yay for pictures!! :lol: I never get to car boots and when I do It's always shit.

Frood - GBA card reader? How much was that?

213 - Mario Bros Game And Watch?

Game Boy stuff seems to vary. Often I'll pick up unboxed games for 50p or less. However, it's not unusual to see them for upwards of a fiver. I think 213 is right with the reasoning for this.

I heard that prices can be even higher inside the M25.

My local gamestation has a cd skimmer now, £2 a disc so maybe it's worth calling your local one.

I don't think either of them do. I remember seeing one up in sheffield (might have been in play.time...) but I've not seen one round here.

Game Boy stuff seems to vary. Often I'll pick up unboxed games for 50p or less. However, it's not unusual to see them for upwards of a fiver. I think 213 is right with the reasoning for this.

I heard that prices can be even higher inside the M25.

Random fact: I go to one bootsale outside the M25 and 4 within it. The 4 within are almost always cheaper.

Frood - GBA card reader? How much was that?

It was a quid :P It was from a table with a family behind it, I asked how much and the Mum said

"Oh thats Keith's, How much did you want for your game Keith?"

"I dunno, a quid"

I threw the money at them and disapeared pronto with the sound of Keith's mum berating him behind me about letting it go for next to nothing.

Felt really guilty for about two rows of the boot sale :)

No compact flash memory card with it though. Cheap B*%$£%d! :wub:

Three ace finds for me today - checked out the charity shops on my lunch break and picked up Star Wars Rogue Leader, Wind Waker and the Legend of Zelda Promo disc (with LoZ, LoZ2, Ocarina and Majora) for... 50p each. All complete, minty fresh condition. Bargainous!

Absolute jack all for me. I think I'm gonna give up for the summer.

Did pick up a minty point blank and hogs of war in cash generator for 99p each though. Oh, and jelly boy (complete) on the SNES for 50p along with a few game gear games also for 50p each.

Absolute jack all for me. I think I'm gonna give up for the summer.

Did pick up a minty point blank and hogs of war in cash generator for 99p each though. Oh, and jelly boy (complete) on the SNES for 50p along with a few game gear games also for 50p each.

:) You know you'll be there on Sunday!