The best bit in either series of the sitcom 'Spaced'

anewman

The best bit in either series of the sitcom 'Spaced' is when Brian, the mad but somewhat tender-hearted artist who lives downstairs, walks in on Tim, who is lounging around in his lounge on a bean bag or sofa or something, playing Tomb Raider on PS1. Brian has been painting himself into his own painting, and is therefore completely covered in brown paint, and has most of a canvas attached to him. Tim doesn't look around at first, because he's playing Tomb Raider. When he does, he says 'You've got paint on you'.

Yes!

Also, when Brian is knocking on the door and Mike opens it to see him witha clenched fist raised and salutes him likewise.

And Where Tim goes to sir down and throws a cusion accross the room

and Dwane Benzie... 'I`m going to set fire to him'

TarquinTheHappyMouse said:
and Dwane Benzie... 'I`m going to set fire to him'

Dwane was brilliant, I like the bit where he and Tim are trying to make their voices gruffer than each others :D 

T- "(Sarah) not out tonight?"
D- "No, she's um" 
T- "Working late?"
D- "She's got a presentation"
T: "Putting in a lot of overtime is she?"
D-"What's that supposed to mean?"
T- "You work it out" 
...*cough*

Brian: I see at as a tribute to Christo, the artist.

Tim: I see it as a waste of Baco, the foil.

Daisy: So who was this girl then?

Tim: Her name was Cassandra, she was a psychic, she gave me her phone number...

Daisy: That's OUR phone number.

Tim: Man, she's good.

Tim: Just... give me a reason. You think I'm unemotional, don't you? I can *be* emotional. Jesus, I cried like a child at the end of Terminator 2.

Daisy: Oh hi Mike. Yeah, he's here, I'll just get him.

Daisy: It's your boyfriend.

Tim: He's not my boyfriend.

[picks up phone]

Tim: Hi babe.

Mike Watt: Hello Timmy.

Just a few more. I do the Hi babe on the phone with my best mate once in a while, it's great, he really appreciates it.

I really need to do some more fan art of Spaced.

Anyways...

'TIM! That girl you fancy is heading to the office!'

Daisy to Sophie - 'What, a bitch'

When Daisy trys to relate to marsha's problem with Amber by saying she knew a girl when infact she was talking about Mulan, then makes up the reflection song.

Marsha 'Wha, like Mulan?'

Mike 'Eddie murphy plays the dragon, in my opinion his 3rd best film...'

I'd be fascinated to see how it worked out if they did make a 3rd series, but surely it'll never happen. They've all moved on. Watching Spaced now just makes me think of being a student, I sort of link it with a part of my life that's over. I still love it though, and every so often some stray line from it slips into my head.

Anyway, the films are okay, but I think they miss the writing of Jessica Stevenson. She gave a bit of balance to Spaced, which Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are missing. The geekiness and the jokes and the amazing direction are there, but the drama and characters aren't quite so endearing and lovely.

Oh well. Thou knowst 'tis common. All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity.

I'd be fascinated to see how it worked out if they did make a 3rd series, but surely it'll never happen. They've all moved on. Watching Spaced now just makes me think of being a student, I sort of link it with a part of my life that's over. I still love it though, and every so often some stray line from it slips into my head.

Anyway, the films are okay, but I think they miss the writing of Jessica Stevenson. She gave a bit of balance to Spaced, which Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are missing. The geekiness and the jokes and the amazing direction are there, but the drama and characters aren't quite so endearing and lovely.

Oh well. Thou knowst 'tis common. All that lives must die, passing through nature to eternity.

Don't they say in one of the commentaries or extras that if they did go back to Spaced, it would be set "now" rather than going back to the day after Daisy moves back in. The longer they leave it though, the more confusing it can get as to what is actually happening "now", so I doubt it'll happen to be honest.

Also, does anyone know why Jessica Stevenson isn't really involved with the films? Edgar Wright I can understand, Nick Frost too (to the extent him and Simon Pegg are best mates) but like you said, Jessica was a co-writer with Pegg, so I don't really get why she seems to have been ignored. It's not like you can say "Oh, they didn't want it to be all like, Spaced the Movie".

She's just written a drama (I think) called Learners and convinced David Tennant to star in it off the back of that Doctor Who story she was in.

She was great in that double episode of Dr. Who. A far superior actor to Simon Pegg.

I remember being at the Shaun of the Dead preview and afterwards asking Edgar Wright if he'd ever do any more Big Train, as I absolutely loved that. He replied "I dunno, I was nothing to do with that - you'd have to ask Simon". Oops.

Still I id get a nice Shaun of the Dead poster signed by the pair of them, with them suggesting names for the unborn baby at the time - Simon Pegg put down "Call it Shaun".

Not a good name for a girl though.

Bah, I like the slow-mo gunfight.

There's this wonderful pause before it starts, which is full of anticipation. And then they start doing it, like it's the most natural thing in the world.

I like the fact that Tim doesn't want to do it but he can't help himself.

Mike: Shall we show him Tim?

Tim: Not right now (pulls face)

Mike: *slowmo* pulling fake gun out of shirt

Tim: noooooooo

He can't not join in. It's great and then Brian gets sucked into the whole thing as he can't fight his inner male child either.

Tim and Mike smashing up the burnt out car, and then later on a cut of Tim and Sophie doing the exact same thing when Tim denies he doesn't have time to hang around with Mike any more.

Also:

Mike: "If you hurt him, I'll kill you." (runs off)

Sophie: "Will he really kill me?"

Tim: (beat) "Yes."

Tim and Mike smashing up the burnt out car, and then later on a cut of Tim and Sophie doing the exact same thing when Tim denies he doesn't have time to hang around with Mike any more.

Also:

Mike: "If you hurt him, I'll kill you." (runs off)

Sophie: "Will he really kill me?"

Tim: (beat) "Yes."

I used to know the girl who played Sophie. To my shame I was very mean to her brother and she didn't like me. Boo. Trufax.