rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mindgames

Kabu Trader Shun DS

Check the fuck out of this!!

WANT

Need translation now!

Kabu Trader Shun is about a young stock trader named Shun Aiba. Shun's father was a trader who went bankrupt and disappeared when he was 13. Five years later, you are summoned by your father's former trading partner, Toru Narasaki, who wishes to teach you the tricks of the trade. Shun is joined by Hanako Kirikagura, the daughter of a family of entrepreneurs and Toru's pupil.

The gameplay is spilt into two parts: adventure and trading. Adventure mode is apparently much like Capcom's Gyakuten Saiban (Ace Attorney) series, where Shun travels around town furthering the story. Trading mode consists of Shun battling against rival traders, earning a set amount of money, or trading with an AI partner. Shun can purchase or gain Trading Arts to increase his skills in this mode.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/shun/

pa.90706.2.jpg

pa.90706.1.jpg

pa.90706.4.jpg

pa.90706.5.jpg

Disclaimer: Now, either I suck at searching or there is no thread on this! (Well, I found the similar Konami game thread)

I love the DS for its quirky games like this!

Agreed.

I just hope this gets a western release. Whilst not all quirky games are good, it can't hurt to let us get some here too. Pleeeeeze.

Hopefully the success of Phoenix Wright will convince Capcom to sort a translation out, as this does indeed look amazing. I wouldn't expect to see it until 2008 at the earliest though.

Japanese DS owners really are the luckiest people in the world.

That doesn't sound half as interesting as winning courtroom cases. What sort of fun twists would there be mid-game? "Haha, surprise, my stock tip-off was a trick! You lose a small percentage of your money! Good luck clawing it back over the next three hours! Mwahaha!" "Objec-... oh wait."

I love the DS for its quirky games like this!

Heh, you're the 'anti-qazimod'! <_<

That doesn't sound half as interesting as winning courtroom cases. What sort of fun twists would there be mid-game? "Haha, surprise, my stock tip-off was a trick! You lose a small percentage of your money! Good luck clawing it back over the next three hours! Mwahaha!" "Objec-... oh wait."

It will be like the end of Trading Places innit!! Taking some Michael Douglas type Wall Street guy with boneitis!

Anyway, this is OUT NOW!! Someone download it and see what it's like!