Sign in to follow this  
Mr Hatfield

Rum

I like the Appleton Estate V/X a lot, bit pricey but well worth it. The depth of flavour is far beyond something like Mount Gay.

This, but only if you're going to drink it neat. 7 yo Havana club is ace also.

If you're mixing it then don't bother, go with regular havana club or mountgay.

Every time I crack open my bottle of 12 yo appletons i cry when her indoors asks me to make her one, cos she'll insist of having coke in it.

Every time I crack open my bottle of 12 yo appletons i cry when her indoors asks me to make her one, cos she'll insist of having coke in it.

Get a bottle of cheapish rum in, hide it away, then when you next pour yourself an Appletons and she asks for one you know what to pour for her ^_^

I do similar with my whiskey. But there's no hiding it.

"I'm sorry, you want me to add WHAT to this single malt? I didn't hear you say "ice and/or water" so clearly it's Bells for you. GET AWAY FROM MY HIGHLAND PARK YOU BITCH."

Get her some of that bottled piss that's labeled Tesco Value Whisky.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was nicer than Bells. ^_^

Wray and Nephews!

No.

That Appleton V/X sounds lovely. I'll have to keep an eye out, rum isn't normally my thing but I have been drinking shit.

Black Seal is lovely if you can get it. It's a dark rum with that really 'rummy' flavour. It's Bermudan - they mix it with Ginger Beer for a Dark 'n' Stormy (coz it looks like a thundercloud).

This.

Wray and Nephews!

Hah, ouch.

Someone treated me to a triple of that stuff when I was already pretty far gone. He told me it was a single and I quaffed it in haste, I vaguely remember. That's all I remember.

10 cent is quite nice to sip on(Trinadadian Rum I think) but the one I would recommend most is Cacique Ronagle(Not 100% sure of the spelling) its a venezuaelan Rum I had in Spain(you can find it in a fair few bars/offies in london)

Are there any good places (maybe online) to buy rum? My girlfriend really likes Sailor Jerry rum but its not usuallly in supermarkets and that? Be good if it was a bit cheap as well.

Are there any good places (maybe online) to buy rum? My girlfriend really likes Sailor Jerry rum but its not usuallly in supermarkets and that? Be good if it was a bit cheap as well.

Sainsburys (my local one at least, probably nationwide) are stocking Sailor Jerry now and it's on offer this week too. Nectar of the gods :)

its my Birthday in a couple of weeks and the missus has bought me a bottle of Rum.

Dunno what it is, but it cost £70, cos she bought it from our joint accont - tight cow. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I can't wait to taste it.

I'm completely ignorant about rum, but someone gave me a sailor jerry and coke the other week, and it tasted utterly vile. Like cream soda and coke or something. Awful.

Anyway, is all rum like Sailor Jerry?

If not, I'd like to try a decent rum, as I'm a fan of other good spirits but, as I say, have absolutely no idea when it comes to rum. I like the piratical romance of it though. What's a half-decent bottle for me to start on? I don't really want to spend £70. I'm looking for the equivalent of a Laphroig: good, but not overly pricy.