rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
citation deducer

Shadowrun

Agreed.

This game is now almost unplayable in public matches since the H3 beta closed it's doors.

I would appeal for anyone playing this to form up on friends lists and start playing it like a game, not an achievements-generator full of mouthy tosspots.

The sadest thing is it clearly states you can't get any achievment from any form of friendly fire yet they still cut each other to try and get healer achievments/zombie score etc. Idiots

Out of curiosity, what strategies are you lot running? I've been using human mostly, as I like the versatility. The fact that they don't have any tech costs is pretty handy, too. With Wired Reflexes you get nearly the same speed as an elf, with the added bonus of being able to block bullets and burst, as well as having more health. Tree of life is a lot more important as a human than res I think.

I've always played as a human. Start off the first game with rez and a machine gun, and then hang back behind the trolls/dwarves and wait for them to get shot to pieces. Drop a rez or two, and I've got enough money to buy whatever I want for the next round.

I played as troll with minigun initially (with various different abilities), got both achievements, and now mainly human and SMG + smartlink. Pretty unbeatable with the right abilities.

Dwarf healer/undertaker (Doc by name Doc by nature)

Rez, Tree of Life, minigun and smartlink, or wired reflexes.

I net 4-5 k per round (one or two kills, loads of body disposal and rez)

I'm quite enjoying playing as a dwarf at the moment. Avoid Tecs, and you can rez three others at a time.

Yeah, it's pretty handy. When our team was losing, I once had 4 or 5 people resurrected (the res cost was lower because we were so far behind). Then they hunted me down and killed me and everyone left on the team bled out. :(

So, the moral of the story is, if you've got a good amount of people rez'd, hide.

Yeah, it's pretty handy. When our team was losing, I once had 4 or 5 people resurrected (the res cost was lower because we were so far behind). Then they hunted me down and killed me and everyone left on the team bled out. :(

So, the moral of the story is, if you've got a good amount of people rez'd, hide.

Don't worry, you seem to be good at that of late. What happened to you yesterday? :D

Nah, we're usually private chatting. That and if it's a late one I usually have a sleeping girlfriend laying next to me. If I woke her up she'd inflict a mortal wound on me y'see. Next time we're in a game together I'll jump into the game chat, sleeping girlfriend permitting. ^_^

Second update is now live, only problem is Xbox Live is currently buggered.

TITLE UPDATE #2 CONTENTS:

Vista Only:

01) Fixed various issues that could cause dedicated server crashes / hard locks.

02) You can now save your dedicated server settings.

03) You can now exit the game properly even if you don't / can't sign in.

04) If you're not connected to Live, buttons that you can't use unless connected are grayed out.

05) Fixed some user interface and messaging issues on the Live menus.

06) Added ability to cap bandwidth on a dedicated server.

07) Users playing on a DS will no longer show up as hosting it.

08) Clicking the PARTY button in a DS lobby as a silver player will no longer kick you.

09) Fixed a crash issue with certain graphics cards.

10) Fixed multiple small UI / presence issues.

11) Party options are no longer broken after party leader has been switched.

12) Added mirrored sessions to dedicated server. Silver players will now show up on the recently played list of Gold players.

Vista and 360:

- Big ticket items:

13) Implemented improvements to matchmaking. We expect a 200-300% improvement in wait times. We've also added clearer status messaging.

14) Improved sync times. When a new player joins a game, the synching wait will be reduced.

15) Made changes to improve party system. Parties should be split less now, and when splitting is absolutely necessary, we attempt to regroup the party later.

16) You may now use the artifact to clear bodies in Attrition.

17) Fixed some potential exploit issues. No, we're not going to elaborate on this.

- General

18) Fixed various issues that could result in soft locks or crashes.

19) Fixed a problem that could cause game to be stuck at sync screen indefinitely.

20) Fixed a problem with the Unstoppable achievement. And there was much rejoicing.

21) Smartlink HUD will now show up with controllers #2, #3, and #4.

22) Players won't get kicked for inactivity if they're still in the lobby when the game starts.

23) You should be less likely to cycle to a small version of a map if you have a lot of players.

24) Fixed some errors in localized text for Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.

25) You should get clearer feedback when attempting to join a full game via the guide.

26) Changed some of the achievement descriptions to make goals clearer.

27) Dwarf hint text is now correct. (They CAN be unawared - just not headshotted.)

- Bots

28) Bots on Dig Site are not so determined to kill themselves in the Sacrifice Pit now.

29) Bots in Raid games will emphasize flag pickup towards the end of rounds.

30) Bots should no longer be so fascinated with walls.

31) Bots no longer look at a flag carrier that can't be seen rather than threats that can be seen.

32) Public match fill bots should now support the team better.

Had a few games tonight, getting in to matches seems to be a fair bit quicker now which is good. The change to attrition allowing you to clear bodies with the artifact is a brilliant addition, I wasn't really expecting much but it's now a case of taking someone down, one person guards the body whilst another retrieves the artifact to finish the job.

I'll say it again, this is the best FPS out on any platform at the moment by a long way.

I agree. I heard the update was going to be out next week so I was presently surprised to be greeted by it upon signing in this afternoon. Had a couple of good games with donpeartree and went 10-0 in 3 rounds of extraction before the server leaving but us not getting booted. Good stuff.

I've been working away at the achievements and have now reached 800. I still haven't got 'Healer' yet and have been trying without success for weeks. Then Gabzy played her first game of ranked the other day and got it. :)

:)

She's jammy and she knows it.

Pinkoboe, I have to agree with you there. I also think that it's the best game on Live to date. It's just so polished and it's pure entertainment. And for a game of this type, I'm surprised about how well-balanced it is. I never find myself thinking that any races are better than the others, or even any weapon. You have your favourites, but you understand the merits of the others.

It's just amazing, and anybody who hasn't played the demo should do so right now.

Fuck it, just order the game.

800 points! I'm just shy of 400 I think.

And yes the game is incredibly well balanced, considering you've got four different races, a handful of guns, magic and techs, it's amazing how they managed it in all honesty. I think a guy that worked on Halo is one of the main people behind the game, not quite sure what his part in it was though. I just find it depressing the game isn't getting a look in, it certainly seems to be the price that's putting most people off but I just don't get that argument. Coming from a PC background, it's not uncommon in the slightest for a game to only have a multiplayer mode (bots aside) and when you look at stuff like Prey and The Darkness with their bolted on online modes, it's a good job some developers do concentrate just purely on mulitplayer. I realise there are exceptions like Halo that manage to do both but I don't think that's the norm by any stretch.

I just hope they don't kill the community they have got with any future DLC, the maps have to be free to keep everyone together, I was thinking they should release some new models, everyone has to download them, but only if you pay to unlock them can you use them etc.

A quick question, is there a way to use a tech / magic from the menu without binding it to your hotbar? Basically I want to be able to quickly use tree / res. without always have it assigned to a button. I'm sure the tutorial mentions a way but I can't for the life of me remember.

I've been working away at the achievements and have now reached 800. I still haven't got 'Healer' yet and have been trying without success for weeks. Then Gabzy played her first game of ranked the other day and got it. :)

I've only got 300! How have you managed that?

I've only got 300! How have you managed that?

820 now. Only 10 left to get. B)

Bar the odd game of Pro Evo I haven't played anything else since I got it.

A quick question, is there a way to use a tech / magic from the menu without binding it to your hotbar? Basically I want to be able to quickly use tree / res. without always have it assigned to a button. I'm sure the tutorial mentions a way but I can't for the life of me remember.

You can quick cast by holding 'B' and then highlighting the skill you want to use and pressing the 'right trigger'. I always quick cast tree and grenades etc.

800 points! I'm just shy of 400 I think.

And yes the game is incredibly well balanced, considering you've got four different races, a handful of guns, magic and techs, it's amazing how they managed it in all honesty. I think a guy that worked on Halo is one of the main people behind the game, not quite sure what his part in it was though. I just find it depressing the game isn't getting a look in, it certainly seems to be the price that's putting most people off but I just don't get that argument. Coming from a PC background, it's not uncommon in the slightest for a game to only have a multiplayer mode (bots aside) and when you look at stuff like Prey and The Darkness with their bolted on online modes, it's a good job some developers do concentrate just purely on mulitplayer. I realise there are exceptions like Halo that manage to do both but I don't think that's the norm by any stretch.

I just hope they don't kill the community they have got with any future DLC, the maps have to be free to keep everyone together, I was thinking they should release some new models, everyone has to download them, but only if you pay to unlock them can you use them etc.

The price certainly is a poor point to raise. How long is a standard FPS story mode going to take you to get through? 10 to 15 hours? I've easily clocked double that time playing multiplayer, and I'm nowhere near bored of it. The maps are varied and interesting, each one providing the scope for numerous strategies. On top of that, it's probably the most polished experience you'll get on Live. The game just feels right. It's as simple as that. I'd even go so far as to say I had more fun with the Shadowrun demo than I did with the Halo 3 beta.

Anyway, as far as future DLC is concerned, I'd love to see free map packs available, but how likely is this, realistically? I hope if they do offer paid for content, that you'll still be able to play with people who haven't got the content. Maybe a system like Crackdown where only the host has to have the content?

I'd be more than happy to pay for a map pack. I've played this game more than any other FPS on the 360 and I agree with donpeartree when he says he had more fun with the demo than the Halo 3 Beta. I really can't understand why this game isn't more popular. It's amazing. :blink:

Anyway, as far as future DLC is concerned, I'd love to see free map packs available, but how likely is this, realistically? I hope if they do offer paid for content, that you'll still be able to play with people who haven't got the content. Maybe a system like Crackdown where only the host has to have the content?

I don't think you can host a public match though, can you? It just picks the person with the best connection (in theory anyway) ala Halo.

I will likely be on this tonight, if not in vegas with meerman, cya around (especially you Lucas, keep missing monster games with you, or being on the wrong team)