Sign in to follow this  
Roboplegic Wrongcock

Official Thread: Big Brother 2007

The best bit about it for me this year has been the 'On The Couch' show, that was a lot of fun I thought, even with Davina interrupting the psychologists the whole time.

Does anyone know what the odds were on Brian to win when he first went in the house? My girlfriend's seeting that she predicted him to win as soon as he entered, and she didn't bother to put a bet on.

The best bit about it for me this year has been the 'On The Couch' show, that was a lot of fun I thought, even with Davina interrupting the psychologists the whole time.

Does anyone know what the odds were on Brian to win when he first went in the house? My girlfriend's seeting that she predicted him to win as soon as he entered, and she didn't bother to put a bet on.

I thought it was 12:1 for Brian to win. Wish I had a punt on him at those odds.

An investigation is underway by premium phone regulator ICSTIS and the UK Gambling Commission after almost £1,000,000 was put on Big Brother finalist Brian Belo to win, despite odds as high as 6/1.

In the 20 minutes since the beginning of the second Channel 4 show thousands of pounds backing Brian to take the Big Brother

eight crown, including one bet of almost £48,000, resulted in odds being forced as low as 5/6 by online bookmaker, Paddy Power.

Sam and Amanda Merchant were favourites with odds as short as 1/9

Internet forums have been bombarded by posts from disgruntled fans of the show claiming the bookmakers fixed the result with thousands of calls for Brian to make up for previous losses throughout the series.

Earlier this week Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg talked about how a twins win would cause havoc for the industry: “we stand to take a hammering.”

He continued: “We’re bracing ourselves for the darkest day in reality TV history. If the twins win it’ll be the worst result since BB began.”

The bookie added that the series had been a disaster for bookies, as punters had come up trumps against them at almost every single eviction night due to predictable votes.

Mr Weinberg said: “It has been a three-month tale of woe for bookies.”

I actually enjoyed this year, there were more housemates in this year that I liked more than any other series.

I loved the first half. I thought it had one of the strongest openings of any Big Brother series, and as you say there were more likeable characters in there this year (the nadir for me being series 6 where I think I roundly despised everyone in there).

By about the halfway point, though, I was rapidly losing interest as half the good characters started to walk (Lesley, Jonathan, Chanelle) and the level of manipulation by the producers got increasingly out of hand. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that there were hardly any straight votes at all this series - you know, the radical concept of the housemates all having two nominations, the top two going for eviction, and the public voting out the least popular. Every week there was some "twist", or failing that a "punishment" like the week when Charley broke the rules and it was used as an excuse to avoid her being put up for nomination. It just got silly, even more so than last year.

By the end I was hardly watching it at all. I'm glad Brian won, though: he's a nice chap and has provided most of the genuinely funny moments in the series.

Interestingly, it means that in eight series of Big Brother, 25% of the winners have been called Brian.

An investigation is underway by premium phone regulator ICSTIS and the UK Gambling Commission after almost £1,000,000 was put on Big Brother finalist Brian Belo to win, despite odds as high as 6/1.

In the 20 minutes since the beginning of the second Channel 4 show thousands of pounds backing Brian to take the Big Brother

eight crown, including one bet of almost £48,000, resulted in odds being forced as low as 5/6 by online bookmaker, Paddy Power.

Because throughout the show and Davina calling the names it was clear Brian was getting a far louder cheer from the crowd than the twins I would imagine, the same way you can always predict the result of any evicition from the first two minutes of the show.

She was in for 2 minutes for a "feel the sportsman" type task.

I noticed that Ch4 aren't showing the last day, so no 3 months of quotes played in an empty house bit.

The reunion bblb is on soon, I think I'll watch that.

Because throughout the show and Davina calling the names it was clear Brian was getting a far louder cheer from the crowd than the twins I would imagine, the same way you can always predict the result of any evicition from the first two minutes of the show.

Yeah to me this is the current biggest fault of BB. They should really make sure they never hear the audience, it gives the housemates info from the outside which is missing the whole point of the concept. Also to really make sure nobody shouts things into the garden.

Yeah to me this is the current biggest fault of BB. They should really make sure they never hear the audience, it gives the housemates info from the outside which is missing the whole point of the concept. Also to really make sure nobody shouts things into the garden.

They should also make sure no-one gets evicted and then let back in.

Or walks out and then gets let back in.

Or gets put in the house two-thirds of the way through the series having watched it all up until a few days before.

BB needs to get back to the "total isolation" philosophy that it had originally. At the moment it hardly feels like they're cut off at all.